• 94(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
What's the status of xvid/divx acceleration at this point? I know there were issues but have they been resolved or are they likely to be resolved at some point in the future?
(2014-04-15, 20:17)dismantler Wrote:
(2014-04-15, 19:59)jjhtpc Wrote: Regarding skins. One of the major problems with android that I have encountered was that if I was using a skin other than confluence if I rebooted the box all of the guisettings would disappear. On another android box you had to have root to be able to run a script manager and copy guisettings back to userdata at boot from a backup. So the question is are skins guisettings remaining after a reboot of the box (unplug for 3 minutes, and plug back in)?

I used to get this all the time on my G-Box until someone came out with a custom ROM mounting the external SD Card as the internal. So I tested this out a bit. I added a shortcut and then force closed XBMC, no problem. Then I added a couple more things to home screen and did a remote reboot, all good. Then I came back in XBMC added a few shortcuts while I was playing a song in the Pandora app and began playing a link from the Youtube add-on. With all that going on I yanked the power and waited. No loss of settings, however XBMC did crash the first time I tried to launch it. Opened it again and everything was still there.

Excellent good to hear. Thanks for the response. Koying, I wasn't trying to spread FUD, I always assumed my past experiences were poorly implemented hardware, and just wanted to verify that fire tv didn't have the same annoyance. This box looks like it will be my next purchase, but I do want to see root. Thanks everyone for the feedback.
hi
is it possible to to launch XBMC from the home menu on the fire tv?

it would great if we had icon for XBMC just like netflix on the home menu

ThaX
(2014-04-15, 21:56)kamla Wrote: hi
is it possible to to launch XBMC from the home menu on the fire tv?

it would great if we had icon for XBMC just like netflix on the home menu

ThaX

Kamla,

It's not currently possible for sideloaded apps to be displayed on the homescreen. I understand it's being worked on, though.
(2014-04-15, 21:45)st0nedpenguin Wrote: What's the status of xvid/divx acceleration at this point? I know there were issues but have they been resolved or are they likely to be resolved at some point in the future?

No they are not resolved. Koying had me try a different build but it still didn't work. Not quite sure what he changed. I've been asking around trying to find out how try and help get MediaCodec working for the device since that played my divx/xvids well on my OUYA while libstagefright gave me the same results I'm having with the FireTV. Not really getting anywhere though.
Is there a link to an easy set up for Amazon or do I have to read all 94 pagesHuh
(2014-04-16, 00:16)zacbrown Wrote: Is there a link to an easy set up for Amazon or do I have to read all 94 pagesHuh

Read the Wiki - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Amazon_Fire_TV
(2014-04-16, 00:16)zacbrown Wrote: Is there a link to an easy set up for Amazon or do I have to read all 94 pagesHuh

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Amazon_Fire_TV ??

Not sure what you mean by Amazon...assuming you mean installing XBMC the wiki linked has easy directions.

Edit: Underworld123 beat me to it.

No, just the first post. Nod
(2014-04-14, 16:27)Koying Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 15:03)Apothis Wrote: Still doesnt seem to show in amazon launcher, even after a reboot.
Could you capture a logcat while installing an app from their store, please.

adb logcat from installing iHeartRadio: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=174597
So not sure if anybody has discovered this one yet or not. I'm running Amber as a skin so I can integrate Netflix and Hulu Plus into the main menu easily. Both work flawlessly and I can hit the back button and it drops me back into xbmc and bounce back and forth between and the respective apps load up and play content fine. However, once I go in and watch a movie, tv show, etc and then go back into Netflix or Hulu Plus, the apps load fine, but won't load content. They'll get only so far and then crash/close out and dump you back to the menu in xbmc.

Has anybody else experienced this? Perhaps it is because I am switching into those menus and xbmc is simply pausing the other content behind the scenes? Once I force close XBMC and relaunch, it seems to work fine again until I repeat the above steps.

This was running latest version of Gotham.
you have to read 95 pages hhhhh

if you have macbook it will be fast to do it with just little reading but also it may be very confusing

if you know how to change to directory where your files are it s easy..
(2014-04-15, 18:11)jsp1 Wrote:
(2014-04-15, 17:01)sadboy Wrote: [quote='cstark27' pid='1682262' dateline='1397528516']
I side loaded Llama, then basically set a variable at startup to true. Have to launch XBMC manually the first time, which changes said variable to false. Then one more event that says if variable is false and current app is KFTV Launcher, launch XBMC. This actually will just take you back to where you were in XBMC last, but oh well. And sometimes you'll see the Amazon home for a second before XBMC comes up. Not perfect, but also way easier for letting other people cruise around on the box.
See Llama events: http://i.imgur.com/MBcKNcA.jpg

That's really neat. But does sleep work if you leave XBMC on?

(2014-04-15, 04:32)elmerohueso Wrote: Posted my keymap, now that the FF and RW buttons are working.

Thanks. Your one makes the most sense so far Smile

I installed TV launcher 2.0, i wish i could purchase this app within the firetv because right now i can only put two tiles
http://droidphreak.blogspot.com/2013/02/...8-apk.html
(2014-04-15, 18:23)jsp1 Wrote:
(2014-04-15, 17:41)renhack Wrote: Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you get to the expanded movie information? The screen for rescraping the movie for images and info. I'm on the Gotham build.

Depends on the skin, however on most you would push 'up' and at the bottom is library update. For the 'right click' menu you would use the 'menu' button with three lines on it up (with fire tv remote).

I was referring to the Media Information Screen. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...ion_screen

On the appleTV you just got to it through using the long press. The option to go to it isn't available by selecting a movie and hitting the menu button on the remote.
(2014-04-16, 03:36)jingram Wrote: So not sure if anybody has discovered this one yet or not. I'm running Amber as a skin so I can integrate Netflix and Hulu Plus into the main menu easily. Both work flawlessly and I can hit the back button and it drops me back into xbmc and bounce back and forth between and the respective apps load up and play content fine. However, once I go in and watch a movie, tv show, etc and then go back into Netflix or Hulu Plus, the apps load fine, but won't load content. They'll get only so far and then crash/close out and dump you back to the menu in xbmc.

Has anybody else experienced this? Perhaps it is because I am switching into those menus and xbmc is simply pausing the other content behind the scenes? Once I force close XBMC and relaunch, it seems to work fine again until I repeat the above steps.

This was running latest version of Gotham.
Yes I see this as well. I have changed my back button to stop the video though so that fixes it for me.
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10