• 100(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-04-17, 10:46)herds Wrote: amazing work guys.

Is there a plan to create a table of things that are currently working/not working etc?

I ask as the thread is getting pretty big.

I wanted to find out whether DTS and Dolby (not hd) will downmix as I just have plans to plug it directly into a tele via hdmi.

Add it to the wiki entry.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Quote:I wanted to find out whether DTS and Dolby (not hd) will downmix as I just have plans to plug it directly into a tele via hdmi.
That's what I'm doing. Everything downmixes fine (DD, DTS, TrueHD, DTS-MA).

(2014-04-17, 12:24)eskro Wrote: Oh thats sweet!!! nightlies it shall be!!
Benefits over Frodo SPMC 12.4.2?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I have followed this thread pretty closely, and I have a question that I don't remember seeing a clear answer for. I am currently using the SPMC build in the wiki (which I am pretty sure is based on Frodo). I want to try moving to Gotham to test out the new features that are being worked on/discussed here. If I create a backup in SPMC (Frodo) can I restore that backup once I install a Gotham build? I tried a Google search because I realize this is probably not limited to the Fire TV, but didn't find anything solid.
(2014-04-06, 00:36)forestrat Wrote: Logitech K750 and K800 both work as well...

My K750 won't allow me to type anything that I need to shift key with. For example I can't type a : or a ?. Maybe I have a defective keyboard?
(2014-04-17, 15:42)sangman Wrote:
(2014-04-06, 00:36)forestrat Wrote: Logitech K750 and K800 both work as well...

My K750 won't allow me to type anything that I need to shift key with. For example I can't type a : or a ?. Maybe I have a defective keyboard?

This is known to happen in Frodo derivatives. It should be fixed in any Gotham build you use.
(2014-04-17, 08:06)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2014-04-17, 06:29)denmalley Wrote: I am very into this idea and downloaded mkvtoolnix to give it a whirl but I'm kind of lost. Is there a guide you can point me to? The program suggests a few guis to try but they both seem geared toward using an mkv file as input.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "a few guis", unless you are referring to the individual tools. Mkvtoolnix is a combination a several tools, what you want to use is mmg.exe, (in Windows it should show up as MKVMerge Gui) then in that gui just click "Add" and browse to the vid you want to remux.

I am on windows 7.
Once the installer completes, it displays an info window that says "if you would like to access mkvtoolnix via a gui, try one of these" and links you to MXVextractGUI and MKVcleaver.

Trying mmg.exe, looks like it is working great, thanks. Wow, 10 seconds to complete a video.
(2014-04-17, 15:06)Natedawg87 Wrote: I have followed this thread pretty closely, and I have a question that I don't remember seeing a clear answer for. I am currently using the SPMC build in the wiki (which I am pretty sure is based on Frodo). I want to try moving to Gotham to test out the new features that are being worked on/discussed here. If I create a backup in SPMC (Frodo) can I restore that backup once I install a Gotham build? I tried a Google search because I realize this is probably not limited to the Fire TV, but didn't find anything solid.

I am currently using both. I use XBMCBackup to move settings across and it works very well. BTW, Gotham is very stable and almost ready for primetime.

I don't know what platform you are on, but assuming it is linux or os x I just ran this as a quick test as i'm in a similar situation to you and it seems to work just fine:

Code:
find /media/raid/testconvert/ -name "*.avi" | while read i; do mkvmerge -o "${i%avi}mkv" "${i}"; done

Replace "/media/raid/testconvert/" with the path to your Movies. That command will find all .avi files and convert them to .mkv

Thanks for the tip. This batch process works great!
I would like to ask once again since the answer was not clear and there has been time for it to have been looked at a bit. Any chance of HD audio on this thing at all? Everything is awfully quiet on XDA on the development side which doesn't seem hopeful, so it looks like if a sideloaded version can't deliver HD passthrough then I need to be returning the box. Is anyone even working on it any longer?

Please, don't take offense and I'm not looking to persuade anyone to work on this if it isn't a priority, I just don't want to keep the box if it isn't in the cards. In this case I need a frank answer about the probability of it ever happening, please.
(2014-04-17, 17:21)underworld123 Wrote:
(2014-04-17, 15:06)Natedawg87 Wrote: I have followed this thread pretty closely, and I have a question that I don't remember seeing a clear answer for. I am currently using the SPMC build in the wiki (which I am pretty sure is based on Frodo). I want to try moving to Gotham to test out the new features that are being worked on/discussed here. If I create a backup in SPMC (Frodo) can I restore that backup once I install a Gotham build? I tried a Google search because I realize this is probably not limited to the Fire TV, but didn't find anything solid.

I am currently using both. I use XBMCBackup to move settings across and it works very well. BTW, Gotham is very stable and almost ready for primetime.
Thank you for the confirmation. I agree that Gotham sounds pretty stable. I'll give it a try.
(2014-04-17, 06:54)touser Wrote:
(2014-04-17, 06:29)denmalley Wrote:
(2014-04-16, 19:51)Tinwarble Wrote: Again, those are just containers. Most likely they are MPEG 4 (codec), which is supported by the Fire TV, but that does not mean that divx/xvid/MPEG 4 is supported, Amazon doesn't make the distinction.

Yes, h.264 may be having the same or similar issues but that doesn't mean that they are caused by the same thing and it depends on what you mean by "jerky" since if you have a lot of jerkiness then it's not the same as h.264 which is small and irregular.

But as far as recommendation, either mkv/h.264 or mp4/h.264 which are more "universal".

Also, you don't necessarily need to re-encode. You could just run them through mkvtoolnix and do container swap, which should only take a couple of mins. per vid.

I am very into this idea and downloaded mkvtoolnix to give it a whirl but I'm kind of lost. Is there a guide you can point me to? The program suggests a few guis to try but they both seem geared toward using an mkv file as input.

I don't know what platform you are on, but assuming it is linux or os x I just ran this as a quick test as i'm in a similar situation to you and it seems to work just fine:

Code:
find /media/raid/testconvert/ -name "*.avi" | while read i; do mkvmerge -o "${i%avi}mkv" "${i}"; done

Replace "/media/raid/testconvert/" with the path to your Movies. That command will find all .avi files and convert them to .mkv

Nice script! For those that want to keep their original timestamps, you can run this after you do the conversion. It will copy the original date over from the avi file:

Code:
find  /media/raid/testconvert/ -name "*.avi" | while read i; do touch -d `stat -c %y "${i}" |cut -d  ' ' -f1` "${i%avi}mkv" ; done
(2014-04-17, 18:12)doublea Wrote:
(2014-04-17, 06:54)touser Wrote:
(2014-04-17, 06:29)denmalley Wrote: I am very into this idea and downloaded mkvtoolnix to give it a whirl but I'm kind of lost. Is there a guide you can point me to? The program suggests a few guis to try but they both seem geared toward using an mkv file as input.

Code:

Nice script! For those that want to keep their original timestamps, you can run this after you do the conversion. It will copy the original date over from the avi file:

Code:
find  /media/raid/testconvert/ -name "*.avi" | while read i; do touch -d `stat -c %y "${i}" |cut -d  ' ' -f1` "${i%avi}mkv" ; done

Is a windows equivalent script possible?
(2014-04-17, 11:10)JenkNZ Wrote: im doing the android adb connect, my fire tv tells me its ip is 10.1.1.4, but i can't seem to connect..
do i need like the 192.xxxx?

im not sure how? any helpers would be appreciated, can't live with plex.

msg 'adb: not found'

Your issue isn't the IP, it's the "adb not found", so ADB likely wasn't setup correctly. See the wiki for setup instructions. If on Windows, remember to add the full path of adb.exe to your Windows PATH environmental directory.
I actually have a douche question. I have been using the stable Frodo android version from day 1. I want to move to gotham, if I copy the contents of the userdata folder to gotham after the first run, should I be good to go as far as database, artwork, settings? I have a large collection, and it takes forever to scan, and then go through and make identification fixes, etc.
That is amazing. Should I get apple TV for XBMC.
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10