• 104(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-04-18, 03:52)cstark27 Wrote: Yeah I've been getting it. I haven't used Gotham on my HTPC so I am not sure if it's because of that or something else. The only "fix" I saw was disabling pass through, but that's not really an option for me. XBMC Log Uploader isn't working for me right now or I'd put something up.

I have a Denon receiver.

Edit: Updating my receiver's firmware and will try with the FTV's audio set to Stereo.

Edit2: That didn't change anything. Still static when starting a Dolby Digital file.

I didn't think that would fix it. If it was your receiver you would get that in any source besides the ftv. To me it only happens in xbmc. But I do also have a Denon receiver. So must be the way it does passthrough that the receiver doesn't like with Dolby Digital.
(2014-04-18, 07:41)syk69 Wrote:
(2014-04-18, 03:52)cstark27 Wrote: Yeah I've been getting it. I haven't used Gotham on my HTPC so I am not sure if it's because of that or something else. The only "fix" I saw was disabling pass through, but that's not really an option for me. XBMC Log Uploader isn't working for me right now or I'd put something up.

I have a Denon receiver.

Edit: Updating my receiver's firmware and will try with the FTV's audio set to Stereo.

Edit2: That didn't change anything. Still static when starting a Dolby Digital file.

I didn't think that would fix it. If it was your receiver you would get that in any source besides the ftv. To me it only happens in xbmc. But I do also have a Denon receiver. So must be the way it does passthrough that the receiver doesn't like with Dolby Digital.

Yep, there is an issue with Dennon AVRs and XBMC (or Android), with every Android device I have I have to manually set the decode mode before I get anything but static. With the AFTV once I set the decode mode then I can set it back to "Auto" decode and it's fine, at least until I shutdown XBMC or switch sources, then I have to do it all over again. But I get the "popping" noise every time I start a video, both DTS and DD.

On my Ouya & MX2 I have to set the decode mode every time I start a video, but at least with the Ouya it too has the "popping" noise every time, DTS and DD.

I've also notice that with DTS-HD, the core is being passed through, but with TrueHD+AC3 encodes it downmixes the TrueHD stream to stereo instead of defaulting to the AC3/DD and passing it through, as where XBMC for Ouya would.

EDIT: Just looking through the logcat, this sort of stuck out and could be why my AVR isn't switching to the correct decode mode (but it's just a guess)
Code:
V/XBMC    ( 9316): 07:10:04 T:1753175936    INFO: CAEStreamInfo::SyncDTS - dtsHD (core) stream detected (6 channels, 48000Hz, 16bit BE, period: 512)
V/XBMC    ( 9316): 07:10:04 T:1753175936  NOTICE: Creating audio stream (codec id: 86020, channels: 2, sample rate: 48000, pass-through)

logcat: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=178062
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I sideloaded 1 mobile market last night. The aspect ratio was off on the screen but I was able to scroll through and select apps with my usb keyboard. I could get as far as selecting "download app" but it would not download it would sit waiting for the download. Not sure if this info is useful but i thought I would pass it on.
(2014-04-18, 05:01)nickr Wrote: If you still have the pi, set up MySQL database sharing and get the pi to do the updating.

Have read the MySql wiki a few times, but never done it. Will look into it more.

I did notice this morning that my FTV never went to sleep last night and the LED was still on and in XBMC (latest gotham nightly). Is this normal? It went to sleep the other day while still in XBMC, but it was a different version. Hopefully yes, because I never plan to turn it off and would be nice to have library updated each night.
(2014-04-18, 10:37)tday99 Wrote: I sideloaded 1 mobile market last night. The aspect ratio was off on the screen but I was able to scroll through and select apps with my usb keyboard. I could get as far as selecting "download app" but it would not download it would sit waiting for the download. Not sure if this info is useful but i thought I would pass it on.
This is probably the wrong place to post this, as this forum is for XBMC on the Fire TV, not really the Fire TV in general.
Install from unknown sources (which that market would be doing) is disabled on the FireTV. Currently, the only method to install *anything* that's not directly accessible via the Fire TV's market is by sideloading over ADB.
(2014-04-18, 08:01)Tinwarble Wrote: Yep, there is an issue with Dennon AVRs and XBMC (or Android), with every Android device I have I have to manually set the decode mode before I get anything but static. With the AFTV once I set the decode mode then I can set it back to "Auto" decode and it's fine, at least until I shutdown XBMC or switch sources, then I have to do it all over again. But I get the "popping" noise every time I start a video, both DTS and DD.

Same here. I have a Denon AVR and get the pop. I used to have an jailbroken ATV2 running XBMC and never had the pop. There must be something with Android or the Android/XBMC combo.
Denon AVR-1912, no pop.
Denon AVR 591 --> pop. Also didn't have pop with Apple TV 2.
I am new to XBMC and have used it with Windows 7. Considering getting Fire TV specifically for XBMC.

Just wanted to know if the remote can do the same operations as a mouse does on Windows 7 - e.g. right click to bring up menus, going to the Home screen by clicking the Home icon at the bottom right, etc. Is there any guide for someone who is new to using XBMC with a remote?

Thank you.
(2014-04-18, 18:59)squarecut1 Wrote: I am new to XBMC and have used it with Windows 7. Considering getting Fire TV specifically for XBMC.

Just wanted to know if the remote can do the same operations as a mouse does on Windows 7 - e.g. right click to bring up menus, going to the Home screen by clicking the Home icon at the bottom right, etc. Is there any guide for someone who is new to using XBMC with a remote?

Thank you.

The Fire TV remote does not have mouse functionalities. You can, however, attach a mouse/Keyboard to the USB port or use MCE remote to carry out mouse operations. BTW, the AFTV remote should be fine for most functions.
I know this is slightly off topic, but running the Apr 17th nightly build xbmc isn't automatically filling the the quality of each show automatically. It is using the old behavior of having to start playback before quality is shown, here is a picture: http://imgur.com/LhjsdZl

HD is only showing up next to the file I played. Is there a setting i've been unable to find to bring this functionality back? Thanks!
Haven't seen it typed here, but if you need keyboard functions there are several ios and droid apps on phone to type stuff in with.
Setting "keep audio device alive" and navigation sounds to off fixed the popping for me. This may cause some other issues since it looks like XBMC does not turn off the DD/DTS signal at the end of the stream. So playing a TrueHD file after a DD was a bit troublesome and at one time I had experienced slow playback again.

Most of my library is DTS/DD so I think this will work for me.
Still working on my keymap to replace the Fire TV remote with my Harmony One... I'm having trouble getting XBMC to do what I want with the media keys. I would like XBMC to step forward and backward while playing video with the |< and >| keys. Right now the behavior is skip next and skip previous and I haven't been able to get my keymap to change it.

Here is my keymap so far.

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <key id="61656">ContextMenu</key>
            <escape>Back</escape>
            <key id="61637">FastForward</key>
            <key id="61636">Rewind</key>
            <key id="61626">SkipNext</key>
            <key id="61627">SkipPrevious</key>
        </keyboard>
    </global>
    <FullscreenVideo>
        <keyboard>
            <key id="61626">StepForward</key>
            <key id="61627">StepBack</key>
            <next_track>StepForward</next_track>
              <prev_track>StepBack</prev_track>
        </keyboard>
    </FullScreenVideo>
</keymap>

61626 and 61627 are the keys the Flirc sends. The Fire TV does pick up these keys in some apps, including Pandora and YouTube. Any ideas?
(2014-04-18, 19:01)underworld123 Wrote:
(2014-04-18, 18:59)squarecut1 Wrote: I am new to XBMC and have used it with Windows 7. Considering getting Fire TV specifically for XBMC.

Thank you.

The Fire TV remote does not have mouse functionalities. You can, however, attach a mouse/Keyboard to the USB port or use MCE remote to carry out mouse operations. BTW, the AFTV remote should be fine for most functions.

Thanks for your response. So if I just get a regular MCE remote, would I need to do anything to configure it to work with XBMC on Fire TV? Or will it work just like that ....sorry, I am a bit new to all this.
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10