• 111(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
I think you either need the full path to the apk, or run the command from within the same directory as the apk.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
could u assist with that?
(2014-04-19, 23:21)Scott R Wrote: VC-1 Blu-ray rips did not play well. Very choppy and unwatchable. Now, here's where I might have some good news for some of you. If you're willing to run Plex, I was able able to jump into the Plex settings (via the Plex-friendly Amber skin in XBMC) and turn on "Force Transcoding" and then play the VC-1 videos well. Of course, behind the scenes, that's causing your Plex Media Server to crank through some CPU usage to do on the-fly-transcoding. This workaround is also a bit cumbersome, because you'll want to remember to turn off "Force Transcoding" afterwards, so that the rest of the time the videos just get sent as-is to XBMC on the Fire TV. Presumably, once the Plex devs work through their bugs, this behavior would be automatic when running through the Plex client.

Or you could just bring up the contextual menu for the file and if you have plexbmc installed you should have an option to "play transcoded" no need to change settings.

And on another note i would like to thank everyone who worked hard with testing and coding to help get most of the bugs worked out. Everything seems to be working pretty well for something that came out so recently. Keep up the good work.

And yes i created a account just to say that.
Silas, this isn't a tech support thread to help people load XBMC on the Fire TV. There are very clear instructions available on the wiki. This thread is for discussion about the issues involved with making XBMC work best on the Fire TV, its limitations, and the best ways to use it.

In summary, if your question is one that could be asked about any other application (and in this case, it is), it doesn't go here.
(2014-04-20, 00:23)smoothj Wrote: hi I'm back had to head out for a bit! Now i am trying to load xbmc in my firetv, i get connected to the Ip address but when I try to install xbmc to the box it keep saying can't find xbmc apk. What am I doing wrong here? I have a command prompt that says C:\userSilasD. Any help would be greatly appricated!

If typing 'adb devices' in the command prompt lists your Fire TV, then all you need to do is type 'adb install ' (no ') then push space then drag your downloaded .apk file to the command prompt window. The .apk's can be downloaded from the Wiki or first post on this thread.
Haik ive tried that and its not installing so i was directed here to ask for assistance doing it!!!! i ve done everthing it said on the wiki and i still can't install. All i was looking for is a little assistance in getting it up on the right track
smoothj maybe the easier thing for you to do is to move the apk to the directory that your command prompt is defaulting to. Or put it in the root of C (the first directory that opens when you double click on the c drive from My Computer) and keep entering "cd .." (that's cd followed by a space and then two dots) in your command prompt window until your prompt says C:> - then try running the adb commands.
(2014-04-20, 00:28)smoothj Wrote: Also when I try to open a command prompt in adb plat form it opens then it immediately closes any reason for that?

on my c drive

on my c drive

all I want to do is get xbmc loaded been at this for 2 days with no success

OK, where is adb on your computer? Let me know the exact path and I'll walk you step by step. I think you are double clicking adb and not running from cmd.

What is the IP address of your fire TV
Where is adb located at? The full path. IE) c:\platform tools\adb\adb.exe
Where is the xbmc apk located at full path as well

If you can't say then open up a TeamViewer session with me and I'll get you going.
Ok let's do a teamViewer Session

ok XmemphistoX lets do a teamViewer session!!
(2014-04-20, 01:35)smoothj Wrote: Ok let's do a teamViewer Session

ok XmemphistoX lets do a teamViewer session!!

Alright you'll have to wait until I get to a PC. In the meantime just find out your firetvs IP address

Or I can try using my phone. Send me your email address so I can email you a small adb package.
Does the beta 4 have any improvements in the Airplay video on iOS 7?
Here are instructions on finding your fire TV IP address. Please have it ready.

Also please make sure you have adb debugging enabled. Instructions are on the same link, just scroll up

https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/asb/con...tIPAddress

pm me your email and TeamViewer ID
(2014-04-19, 17:00)DeBeL Wrote:
(2014-04-19, 15:11)bmfrosty Wrote: does anyone have any idea how I could get XBMC to show up in the primary launcher - preferably under apps?

This might seem a bit too obvious, but once a stable release of XBMC that runs well on the Fire TV is available, it could be submitted to the Amazon App Store. After installing it from there, XBMC would be available from the list of apps.

Since the changes Koying made to get it play nice on the box have been included in the main development branch, the final release of Gotham will have them.

SPMC 12.4.2 is working perfectly for me
Yeah but 12.anything is about to be sidelined for Gotham, so that is pretty deadend.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Wow. I just tried my first VC-1 to see what you guys are talking about. Yuck! Good thing VC-1 wasn't the first I tried, or this thing might already be in transit back to Amazon! Anyway, I would like help with 2 things regarding this issue:

1) Anyone care to make an educated guess how likely we are to get the VC-1 issue fixed? Isn't there enough HP in the quad CPU to not require HW accel?
2) Can anyone offer advice on the easiest steps to re-encode my VC-1 content? I'd like to not lose any quality (little as possible) and I'd like them to play well on the FTV (I'm on Win 7 platform for re-encode apps/settings)

Any help appreciated
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10