• 123(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
I got it to work last night moving my thumbnails over to my nas. First try broke everything, it was creating files on the nas but smbc could not find them, i completely removed and reinstalled everything and that fixed it
(2014-04-24, 19:37)hdmkv Wrote:
(2014-04-24, 19:18)thefrog Wrote:
(2014-04-24, 18:38)kalikid021 Wrote: If this is helpful to anyone else. I reloacted my Thumbnails folder (2GB) off of my AFTV yesterday to my NAS device where my video files are as well.

I will try this this weekend. It appears very helpful.
I may as well. Anyone know if this would work the same way with the nightly Gotham build? I assume I could do this once for all 3 of my FTV's, so they all use thumbnails from the same NAS location?

This should work the same for frodo and gotham. You are just reloacting the thumbnails themselves. If all XBMC installations point to the same place, it should work for all of them, similar to using the same MySQL DB for all XBMC installations.
(2014-04-24, 19:18)thefrog Wrote:
(2014-04-24, 18:38)kalikid021 Wrote: If this is helpful to anyone else. I reloacted my Thumbnails folder (2GB) off of my AFTV yesterday to my NAS device where my video files are as well.

I will try this this weekend. It appears very helpful.
I may as well. Anyone know if this would work the same way with the nightly Gotham build? I assume I could do this once for all 3 of my FTV's, so they all use thumbnails from the same NAS location?

I will be trying it with Gotham Beta 4. Since I have another XBMC on a laptop, it will be a good experiment. I don't have 3 FTVs at the moment, but I see that 2 or 3 more might be in my future.
(2014-04-24, 20:53)thefrog Wrote:
(2014-04-24, 19:18)thefrog Wrote: I will try this this weekend. It appears very helpful.

I will be trying it with Gotham Beta 4. Since I have another XBMC on a laptop, it will be a good experiment. I don't have 3 FTVs at the moment, but I see that 2 or 3 more might be in my future.

I did this last night as well. I updated three devices to Gotham (firetv,ion,mac) and moved one Thumnails dir to my NAS. I then deleted the two other Thumnails directories. I then made sure each device had the updated advancedsettings.xml that had pathsubs for Thumnails and sources.xml. Worked great, I didn't notice any appreciable slowdown. My Thumnails dir weighs about 2gb.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
Is it just me, or did VC-1 disappear off of this page:

https://developer.amazon.com/appsandserv...ifications

It still says VC1 on the main product page (the for-purchase page).

[Edit: Already pointed out in previous post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1683337 ]
I had checked that webpage ten (10) days ago. At that time VC1 wasnt in it.

VC1 as codec is death anyways since 2012-2013
Has anyone tried using the alternate keymaps (specifically #3) posted on the wiki?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alt..._TV_remote

I installed the third one and everything works as it should except for the rewind button. This button actually activates fast forward and the fast forward does as well. So I have two fast forward buttons and no rewind.

I also tested keymap 1 & 2 and neither fast forward nor rewind work for me on those.

This is on 12.4.2 of SPMC. Anyone else experiencing these issues? Possible fixes? Thanks!
(2014-04-24, 22:23)highgear Wrote: Has anyone tried using the alternate keymaps (specifically #3) posted on the wiki?

I installed the third one and everything works as it should except for the rewind button. This button actually activates fast forward and the fast forward does as well. So I have two fast forward buttons and no rewind.

I also tested keymap 1 & 2 and neither fast forward nor rewind work for me on those.

This is on 12.4.2 of SPMC. Anyone else experiencing these issues? Possible fixes? Thanks!

Keymap#3 works as expected for me.
(2014-04-24, 21:55)tivimac Wrote: I had checked that webpage ten (10) days ago. At that time VC1 wasnt in it.

VC1 as codec is death anyways since 2012-2013

I checked my backlog of stuff to put on my NAS and a lot of older movies are VC-1 that are still being sold. I won't mind seeing the codec go away. Some movies, Casablanca for instance, have been re-released as AVC. VC-1 seems to be tied to movies released in BD25 vs BD50 disc format.

I suspect that since Amazon supports videos of type WMV3 (simple) ( https://developer.amazon.com/appsandserv...upport/faq ) that this is the VC-1 they are talking about (even though they are not doing WVC1 (Advanced). I see no mention on their MediaCodec documentation ( http://developer.android.com/reference/a...Codec.html ) that the VC-1 content is supported.

That being said, the Snapdragon 600 slide 6 from this slideshare http://www.slideshare.net/jjwu6266/qualc...mart-phone says that VC-1 is supported for APQ8064 so there is a likelyhood (although NOT a certainty) that Amazon can support VC-1 as they say they do.

Anyway, I did send off a support request for the VC-1 issue to amazon -- just to help get enough support tickets in the queue that they might address the shortcoming for the summer update.
(2014-04-24, 22:27)underworld123 Wrote:
(2014-04-24, 22:23)highgear Wrote: Has anyone tried using the alternate keymaps (specifically #3) posted on the wiki?

Keymap#3 works as expected for me.

Works here as well.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
(2014-04-24, 14:30)tomatosoup Wrote: I'm also having the issue with volume control that everybody else is. Has anybody been able to solve this issue?

i messed around yesterday, no luck here, i thought maybe there was some setting in the fire os menu but there unfortunately is not. I also trying every combination of xbmc audo output options to no avail, but to update, turning the volume all the way down to mute does nothing, but hitting the mute button in yatse does mute the sound. still no level controls here tho. i was going to wait a few days and give another nightly a go, other than the audio everything else is working fairly good, I am having an Xbox 360 Controller issue where its working good in the fire OS and supported games i've sideloaded but in XBMC its wokring as expected as a remote but its stuck on "volume up" so i can see the volume control at the top maxed out, this is a wired xbox controller, any known issues or fixes for this?

edit***

i just found this page in the wiki that mentions volume control as a future feature but also says its available in the nightly files

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Android_FAQ#Volume

and has anyone tried the app "XBMC Updater" from the play store?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...bmcupdater
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
How do you get apps like this to sideload? They only seem to be available to download to android devices.
(2014-04-25, 01:35)PK21 Wrote: How do you get apps like this to sideload? They only seem to be available to download to android devices.

i have some android phone experience so it wasnt all that difficult, theres instructions in the WIKI that explains how to sideload XBMC.. other apps and games just use the same procedure
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2014-04-24, 22:23)highgear Wrote: ...two fast forward buttons and no rewind.

I believe that is because only Gotham will be able to differentiate between the two buttons due to the way they are set.
(2014-04-14, 23:06)D3w4yne Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 16:54)Koying Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 16:49)fanofanne Wrote: I have seen some discussion on deinterlacing performance - especially as related to 1080i MPEG 2 TS. Any reason why these options are not included in the android builds? I tried to research the reasons why, but couldn't get good information.
As MPEG2 is not h/w accelerated, you should be able to specify deinterlacing settings in the video playback menu.
Is it not the case? If so, please provide a screenshot of the settings menu + log, please.

The deinterlace options were completely greyed out for me in all three versions, Ouya, SMPC, and the Gotham apk you posted.

I will get a pic tonight when I get home from work.

FYI I'm using NextPVR as my backend and an HD Homerun Dual tuner for OTA broadcasts.

The deinterlacing option is also greyed out for me (Apr. 24 Gotham build). Were you able to resolve this?
  • 123(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10