• 130(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
I just want netflix and xbmc. I'm guessing eventually all the kinks for fire tv will be worked out and that it will be one of the most popular and best supported Android boxes?

What are the other android boxes? Pivos mx2 minix ouya are the ones I know but I assume fire tv will out do all of them right?
Mx2 is a dual core and pivos is single. Both slow as molasses and I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot poll. Ouya is ok bit it's a game console more then a media box. I like the fire TV it works great and the only one you'll get Netflix HD on. The new tronsmart vega is faster but it's still getting stuff worked out and I think it will end up being a good box too

Minix makes a great line of boxes and is coming out with a new box the x8 in a few weeks that should be pretty awesome.
(2014-04-28, 06:39)ilovemymac Wrote: Mx2 is a dual core and pivos is single. Both slow as molasses and I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot poll. Ouya is ok bit it's a game console more then a media box. I like the fire TV it works great and the only one you'll get Netflix HD on. The new tronsmart vega is faster but it's still getting stuff worked out and I think it will end up being a good box too

Minix makes a great line of boxes and is coming out with a new box the x8 in a few weeks that should be pretty awesome.

Why is fire tv the only box that'll get netflix HD?

And are the new pivos and x8 expected to be faster than fire tv or probably not still?
(2014-04-28, 06:49)finalheaven Wrote:
(2014-04-28, 06:39)ilovemymac Wrote: Mx2 is a dual core and pivos is single. Both slow as molasses and I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot poll. Ouya is ok bit it's a game console more then a media box. I like the fire TV it works great and the only one you'll get Netflix HD on. The new tronsmart vega is faster but it's still getting stuff worked out and I think it will end up being a good box too

Why is fire tv the only box that'll get netflix HD?

And are the new pivos and x8 expected to be faster than fire tv or probably not still?

I'm thinking ilovemymac might have meant "the only one you'll get Amazon Instant Video on", since Netflix HD is running fine on the Ouya and several other Android boxes. But until Amazon releases an Android app, the only way you'll get Amazon Instant Video on any Android box but a AFTV is in a Flash-enabled web browser set to desktop mode.
is the normal netflix app different from the netflix HD app? And does fire tv come with the netflix HD app standard or does that require a different version or something?
with the latest nightly 4/27 is it advisable to leave mediacodec on or off?
(2014-04-28, 02:43)DiegoMejia Wrote:
(2014-04-28, 02:26)Senaxx Wrote: It seems there is a way to root the FireTV already, only the exploit is currently still private. After it's rooted would it be possible to create it an xbmc only box? (running minimal core and on top of that XBMC) Or atleast edit the main menu so you can have your own shortcut to launch xbmc as an application instead of a sideloaded app.

the reason i purchased the fire tv was for the amazon content (i'm a prime memeber)

honestly if you want just an xbmc box you should look into an OUYA and install spmc on it. They have full root, overclocked SOC, xbmc, unlocked bootloader and CM roms..

I can't use Amazone Prime since i'm in Europe / Netherlands, and I have all movies / tv series locally stored. I had an OUYA with xbmc, but I sold it. I only have the FireTV for a week or something with XBMC and I already like much more than the OUYA. I was looking to replace my Mac Mini 2009 and the FireTV was perfect. FireTV has a sleek perfect design, good remote (since i'm used to the sleek apple remote).

I'm already satisfied with however the FireTV is working, and maybe I will start using the other apps also (Netflix, but I hate that sluggish UI, and I have other netflix boxes) after a while. But for now, FireTV with autopilot on XBMC is satisfying my needs.
Can we get these shipped to the UK from the US site? This looks like the ideal little box to cover my emulator needs as it is just a case of side loading the marketplace?
Not sure if Amazon U.S. would ship to you in UK, but bestbuy.com carries FTV too. Other than that, it's overpriced eBay.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Anyone able to lunch xbmc on start up?
Use autopilot..
The wiki is still down, yes? Thought I remember reading this over the weekend. Anyway... I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to increase the timeout on notifications to xbmc from other services. The popup is quite nice and unobtrusive but I'd like for it to stick around for maybe a second longer. Can this be done in advancedsettings.xml?
hi guys , so many pages and I've read most of them but still didn't find an exact answer. Does firetv support hd audio passthrough? thanks for an answer..
(2014-04-28, 15:55)resai Wrote: hi guys , so many pages and I've read most of them but still didn't find an exact answer. Does firetv support hd audio passthrough? thanks for an answer..

As per the wiki the answer is no... not at this time anyway.
(2014-04-28, 15:58)voip-ninja Wrote:
(2014-04-28, 15:55)resai Wrote: hi guys , so many pages and I've read most of them but still didn't find an exact answer. Does firetv support hd audio passthrough? thanks for an answer..

As per the wiki the answer is no... not at this time anyway.

thanks for the lightening answer Smile
what about multichannel flac files with 24/96 (both for audio only and for embedded in mkv vide)
  • 130(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10