• 145(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-05-04, 01:54)wsmeyer Wrote: The instructions in the Wiki are way more complicated than they need to be. Just follow these and you'll be up and running in minutes:

http://www.alashiban.com/running-xbmc-am...-tutorial/

Just wondering, why do you think the steps in the wiki are more complicated than the steps at that link? The only differences I saw were that the link has you install the full (unnecessary) ADT package, while the wiki only has you download the ABD tool itself, and the wiki has you add ADB's path to your environmental variables, letting you run ADB from anywhere.
Do you have any recommendations on how to simplify the steps, yet remain noob-friendly?
(2014-05-04, 04:13)elmerohueso Wrote: Just wondering, why do you think the steps in the wiki are more complicated than the steps at that link?
Because it has pictures, silly!
(2014-05-04, 04:13)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 01:54)wsmeyer Wrote: The instructions in the Wiki are way more complicated than they need to be. Just follow these and you'll be up and running in minutes:

http://www.alashiban.com/running-xbmc-am...-tutorial/

Just wondering, why do you think the steps in the wiki are more complicated than the steps at that link? The only differences I saw were that the link has you install the full (unnecessary) ADT package, while the wiki only has you download the ABD tool itself, and the wiki has you add ADB's path to your environmental variables, letting you run ADB from anywhere.
Do you have any recommendations on how to simplify the steps, yet remain noob-friendly?

Why does anyone think that either set of instructions is complicated?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-05-04, 02:45)tritron Wrote: I love the fire tv I got mine fro staples for 56 after coupons and I work well latest build from 5/2/14 crashes on live tv

live tv how?
(2014-05-04, 02:45)tritron Wrote: I love the fire tv I got mine fro staples for 56 after coupons and I work well latest build from 5/2/14 crashes on live tv

What coupons?
(2014-05-04, 04:38)Scott R Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 04:13)elmerohueso Wrote: Just wondering, why do you think the steps in the wiki are more complicated than the steps at that link?

LOL!
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
(2014-05-04, 05:46)jocala Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 04:38)Scott R Wrote:

LOL!

Go ahead and laugh, if it pleases you. As someone new to XBMC and Fire TV. a picture with direction is worth a thousand words. The wiki is great for people who have a working knowledge of XBMC but lacks coherent information to anyone new to the platform.
Fire tv is more trouble than its worth. I went back to a simple quad core android with a 1080 Rom, newest nightly xbmc, and it does everything the fire tv does only I have a volume control, and usb storage capabilities, easier launch, etc. Put the two side by side and watch a movie and you can't even tell the difference. Loading is the same amount of time, maybe a half second faster with the fire tv, big whoop. Oh and twenty bucks cheaper also. I dint know what the big hype is all about for this box, right now its a big pita to have any fun with. My fire tv is sitting in the closet collecting dust. I just can't stand the thing sorry.
If you don't like it then sell it on ebay. I am sure someone outside of US would love to get one.
Has anyone been able to get the new Gotham Release from today (May 4th) to work on FireTV? I had to go back to the nightly build from May 3rd to get it working again.
(2014-05-04, 14:42)bryant Wrote: Has anyone been able to get the new Gotham Release from today (May 4th) to work on FireTV? I had to go back to the nightly build from May 3rd to get it working again.

Same here, tried fresh install and still wouldnt start. Reverted to nightly from 29th (as thats what I had previously)
(2014-05-04, 15:05)Apothis Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 14:42)bryant Wrote: Has anyone been able to get the new Gotham Release from today (May 4th) to work on FireTV? I had to go back to the nightly build from May 3rd to get it working again.

Same here, tried fresh install and still wouldnt start. Reverted to nightly from 29th (as thats what I had previously)

Ok, just making sure it wasnt something only I was seeing. To be specific, it would "start", but once it finished with the loading bar on the bottom, it would exit and never let me back in again
(2014-05-04, 15:12)bryant Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 15:05)Apothis Wrote:

Ok, just making sure it wasnt something only I was seeing. To be specific, it would "start", but once it finished with the loading bar on the bottom, it would exit and never let me back in again

Exact same problem here with Gotham final from today. Had to roll back to the RC.
Martijn has acknowledged the issue and is working on it. See thread for updates http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=193928.
PLEASE TRY:

and report back.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 145(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10