• 146(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
Can some suggest the adb pull command to copy the XBMC log files from the AFTV?

I saw some log files at /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/temp but the following command does not work

Code:
adb pull xbmc.log /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/temp

Error: remote object 'xbmc.log' does not exist.

I can see the xbmc.log file when I use the ls command
Code:
adb shell ls /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/temp

SOLVED: The following command worked
Code:
adb pull /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log
Martijn,

That build starts and appears to work fine - in my quick smoke test I was able to play several local (NAS) videos as well as stream LiveTV from my NPVR backend. I didn't see any issues. Thanks!
Does anyone have any feedback on skins that work well. Or ones that don't? I am getting my fire TV on Wednesday, I am interested in MQ5 or Aeon Nox.
How do I obtain crashlogs from AFTV? XBMC crashes couple of times, before it works. I can get the log file, but I guess the crash log is not the same as the log file. Kindly advice.
(2014-05-04, 19:06)Lake Camelot Wrote: Does anyone have any feedback on skins that work well. Or ones that don't? I am getting my fire TV on Wednesday, I am interested in MQ5 or Aeon Nox.

They both work fine. Eminence is also a great looking skin that works well, but it's a little further behind development than the other two.
First, thanks to everyone involved in getting XBMC onto the Fire TV. I'm a longtime Apple TV 2/XBMC guy and I am loving how much snappier the Fire TV is.

Second, I am wondering where the skin.confluence/720/Home.xml file is on the Fire. I am used to customizing the Home.xml file so the Videos button goes right to Files on my ATV. I'd like to do the same on the Fire but I'm unsure where on the Fire to push my Home.xml file. On the ATV is was /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/skin.confluence/720p

Can anyone provide some guidance here? Thanks in advance.
Installed GOTHAM 13-Final works great on FIre tv so far so good!!
(2014-05-04, 08:38)mjbxx Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 05:46)jocala Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 04:38)Scott R Wrote: Because it has pictures, silly!

LOL!

Go ahead and laugh, if it pleases you. As someone new to XBMC and Fire TV. a picture with direction is worth a thousand words. The wiki is great for people who have a working knowledge of XBMC but lacks coherent information to anyone new to the platform.

I find pictures and videos to be an extremely slow way of absorbing new info when compared to text, but that's me. Whatever floats your boat Smile
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
Final Gotham also does not work for me. I had to uninstall it before reverting back to rc.
(2014-05-04, 23:22)XmemphistoX Wrote: Final Gotham also does not work for me. I had to uninstall it before reverting back to rc.

Try a clean install.
(2014-05-04, 23:22)XmemphistoX Wrote: Final Gotham also does not work for me. I had to uninstall it before reverting back to rc.

When did you download it? There was a fixed version posted later this afternoon.
(2014-05-05, 00:53)Apothis Wrote:

When did you download it? There was a fixed version posted later this afternoon.

Ahh gotcha. I did it right when it was released. Around 12 hours ago. 4am PST. I'll give it a go. Thanks!
I just downloaded and did adb install -r xbmc-13.0-armeabi-v7a.apk -- Working great!
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
Need help with some mostly baseball streams. Audio is mono 1.0 I get video but no audio any fix for this?
(2014-05-04, 23:02)ILLESTNOIZE Wrote: Installed GOTHAM 13-Final works great on FIre tv so far so good!!

which date the xbmc gotham is the final for firetv I'm using 04/27 but the latest one of today gave me xbmc 14.0 beta ?
  • 146(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10