• 147(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-05-05, 02:28)Japgeisha Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 23:02)ILLESTNOIZE Wrote: Installed GOTHAM 13-Final works great on FIre tv so far so good!!

which date the xbmc gotham is the final for firetv I'm using 04/27 but the latest one of today gave me xbmc 14.0 beta ?

Just get the final builds from the main download page. Get the arm one.

http://xbmc.org/download/
(2014-05-04, 22:12)exit Wrote: First, thanks to everyone involved in getting XBMC onto the Fire TV. I'm a longtime Apple TV 2/XBMC guy and I am loving how much snappier the Fire TV is.

Second, I am wondering where the skin.confluence/720/Home.xml file is on the Fire. I am used to customizing the Home.xml file so the Videos button goes right to Files on my ATV. I'd like to do the same on the Fire but I'm unsure where on the Fire to push my Home.xml file. On the ATV is was /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/skin.confluence/720p

Can anyone provide some guidance here? Thanks in advance.
That file looks to be at /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/Home.xml

Once you get things set up, I'd recommend making a backup (to your PC if possible). It makes it much easier to find files you want to edit. All files should be in /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc .

Thanks everybody for the great work on this. One of the main reasons I got a Fire TV.
(2014-05-05, 02:51)Natedawg87 Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 22:12)exit Wrote: First, thanks to everyone involved in getting XBMC onto the Fire TV. I'm a longtime Apple TV 2/XBMC guy and I am loving how much snappier the Fire TV is.

Second, I am wondering where the skin.confluence/720/Home.xml file is on the Fire. I am used to customizing the Home.xml file so the Videos button goes right to Files on my ATV. I'd like to do the same on the Fire but I'm unsure where on the Fire to push my Home.xml file. On the ATV is was /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/skin.confluence/720p

Can anyone provide some guidance here? Thanks in advance.
That file looks to be at /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/Home.xml

Once you get things set up, I'd recommend making a backup (to your PC if possible). It makes it much easier to find files you want to edit. All files should be in /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc .

Thanks everybody for the great work on this. One of the main reasons I got a Fire TV.

Thanks. That file path didn't work for me - returned a "not found" response in Terminal. I pulled the .xbmc directory to my local computer and I can't find anything with the skins in the addons folder, nor the userdata one. A search in those folders for "confluence" doesn't turn up anything. I appreciate the help, though...the search continues...

[Updated to add] In xbmc.log, I did see these lines:

18:32:01 T:1074523608 INFO: load skin from: /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/apk/assets/addons/skin.confluence (version: 2.2.14)
18:32:01 T:1074523608 INFO: load fonts for skin...
18:32:01 T:1074523608 INFO: Loading fonts from /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/apk/assets/addons/skin.confluence/720p/Font.xml

But I can't figure out where the /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache directory is on the Fire TV.
(2014-05-05, 02:45)XmemphistoX Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 02:28)Japgeisha Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 23:02)ILLESTNOIZE Wrote: Installed GOTHAM 13-Final works great on FIre tv so far so good!!
Go to XBMC.org and choose Gotham 13.0 for android arm

which date the xbmc gotham is the final for firetv I'm using 04/27 but the latest one of today gave me xbmc 14.0 beta ?

Just get the final builds from the main download page. Get the arm one.

http://xbmc.org/download/
(2014-05-04, 08:38)mjbxx Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 05:46)jocala Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 04:38)Scott R Wrote: Because it has pictures, silly!

LOL!

Go ahead and laugh, if it pleases you. As someone new to XBMC and Fire TV. a picture with direction is worth a thousand words. The wiki is great for people who have a working knowledge of XBMC but lacks coherent information to anyone new to the platform.
I was half-joking in my previous reply. I actually don't disagree that pictures/videos can be very helpful. XBMC is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I'll be one of the first to say that after all of these years (and I've used it since hacking several original Xboxes), it's still not as drop-dead-easy to set up, configure, or use as it could be. I'm an old-timer, but I'm not someone who has been constantly hacking/tweaking XBMC for the last year or so. I had a couple of configurations set up that were working well for me. Then the Fire TV dropped and I decided to give it a shot and had to re-learn/remember some of the initial setup/config stuff that I hadn't needed to play with for a while, and it was a bit more difficult than I'd like it to be. I'm all in favor of step-by-step instructions with photos, videos, etc.
(2014-05-05, 05:28)Scott R Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 08:38)mjbxx Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 05:46)jocala Wrote: LOL!

Go ahead and laugh, if it pleases you. As someone new to XBMC and Fire TV. a picture with direction is worth a thousand words. The wiki is great for people who have a working knowledge of XBMC but lacks coherent information to anyone new to the platform.
I was half-joking in my previous reply. I actually don't disagree that pictures/videos can be very helpful. XBMC is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I'll be one of the first to say that after all of these years (and I've used it since hacking several original Xboxes), it's still not as drop-dead-easy to set up, configure, or use as it could be. I'm an old-timer, but I'm not someone who has been constantly hacking/tweaking XBMC for the last year or so. I had a couple of configurations set up that were working well for me. Then the Fire TV dropped and I decided to give it a shot and had to re-learn/remember some of the initial setup/config stuff that I hadn't needed to play with for a while, and it was a bit more difficult than I'd like it to be. I'm all in favor of step-by-step instructions with photos, videos, etc.

The instructions that were being discussed really had nothing to do with configuring xbmc. They were about installing xbmc via sideloading xbmc via adb. Copy and paste 4 command lines.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
XBMCHUB also has a installation manual up how to install XBMC.

http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/how-to-insta...-computer/
(2014-05-05, 12:55)Senaxx Wrote: XBMCHUB also has a installation manual up how to install XBMC.
Stay away from their "Configuration Wizard Addon". Guaranteed way to have problems and zero support here.
(2014-05-05, 13:04)Koying Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 12:55)Senaxx Wrote: XBMCHUB also has a installation manual up how to install XBMC.
Stay away from their "Configuration Wizard Addon". Guaranteed way to have problems and zero support here.

I don't know XBMCHub and their business. I just saw they used "my" tool in one of their guides. And i'm not planning of using any addon's that are not from the official xbmc repo Wink (except for some skins)
How is the WiFi performance of the Fire TV, can it stream 720p/1080p movies?
Wifi works great for me..
I have no problems with WiFi, my router is only about 10 ft. away from the tv box.

(2014-05-05, 18:19)Diet-Coke Wrote: How is the WiFi performance of the Fire TV, can it stream 720p/1080p movies?
Is there a hack or do you think there will be one that enables watching media from usb storage?
(2014-05-05, 19:11)LRa Wrote: Is there a hack or do you think there will be one that enables watching media from usb storage?

I hope amazon fixes this in an update, not only for media, but for apps as well.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
Can someone help with how to turn amazon fire tv off from xbmc? timmed switch off maybe?
I've tried quitting it after 10 minutes but then after 10 minutes, xbmc exits and firetv goes to sleep after 30 minutes.
The bad thing here is that after returning the amazon firetv UI is up and u have to navigate to start xbmc again.
I'm planning to give this to my parents so wanted a simple solution so they dont have to play around.

much appreciated if there is a solution.
  • 147(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10