• 153(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
Okay guys... Assuming Amazon will let me do it once they finally accept the app into the App Store, I'm thinking of changing the name of my app from "XBMC For Fire TV" to "XBMC On Fire". I'd also change the icons to something like this:

It's less device-specific while still remaining similar to the original idea. Since Fire TV users are the primary audience for the app, what do you guys think?
Previous logo was cleaner. This is a little too cluttered IMHO. Thanks a lot for your efforts.
I love it..
I liked the old logo but new name, lol.
Either way its going to be great, good work!
Not a fan of the icon. Maybe just something plain and simple as the new XBMC icon would be great. No need to over think it.
please don't use the xbmc app icon. it is reserved for the actual xbmc app.
Haven't been checking the thread for a while, any updates on MediaCodec support?

I have a truckload of old avi files I kinda need to play.
(2014-05-06, 20:25)davilla Wrote: please don't use the xbmc app icon. it is reserved for the actual xbmc app.

I wasn't meaning the actual icon, but something simple and similar. Kinda like what was done in this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...pid1543473
(2014-05-06, 20:30)LazerBlue Wrote: I wasn't meaning the actual icon, but something simple and similar. Kinda like what was done in this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...pid1543473

I agree...some version of the logo would be excellent. It is simple and generic.
(2014-05-06, 11:00)GTHolder Wrote: I decided I may want to actually spend some time in the KFTV launcher (since that is also the amazon video store interface). So I modified event 3's condition to activate on screen shut off

Excellent idea! I did not think it would work since I expected the FireTV the be on standby and therefore unable to launch XBMC, but it works beautifully. I have modified the configuration to take into account, and I think it is perfect now.

This configuration will:
* automatically start XBMC when the Fire TV boots
* automatically start XBMC when the Fire TV resumes from Standby
* automatically go to Standby after 10 mins of inactivity in XBMC
* automatically go to Standby after 10 mins of inactivity in most apps
* automatically go to Standby after 15s of inactivity in KFTV Launcher

If you exit XBMC, you can either relaunch it through the Settings menu, or wait 15s for the KFTV to go to standby and power it back on.

Download llama from http://kebabapps.blogspot.com (get the engb version without callphone).

Code:
XBMC > System > Settings > System > Power saving
Shutdown function timer = 10 min
Shutdown function = Quit

Create the following Llama events:

Code:
Event     : 10 minutes standby in applications
Condition : Active application = When the current app is not KFTV Launcher
Action    : Change Screen Timeout = 10 minutes

Event     : 15 seconds standby in KTFV Launcher
Condition : Active application = When the current app is KFTV Launcher
Action    : Change Screen Timeout = 15 seconds

Event     : Launch XBMC when screen turns off
Condition : Screen off
Action    : Run Application = XBMC

Event     : Launch XBMC at startup
Condition : Phone reboot = after start up

You can either create the above events manually (after deleting the sample events), or import the attached llama configuration file. To import the config file:
  1. download llama configuration files: llama_events_for_xbmc_on_firetv.zip - 1.31 KB
  2. unzip it
  3. exit or force stop llama
  4. copy the whole Llama directory to /storage/emulated/0/ (this can be done with XBMC file manager, where that location is known as Internal Storage)
  5. launch llama
(2014-05-06, 20:47)arman68 Wrote:
(2014-05-06, 11:00)GTHolder Wrote: I decided I may want to actually spend some time in the KFTV launcher (since that is also the amazon video store interface). So I modified event 3's condition to activate on screen shut off

Excellent idea! I did not think it would work since I expected the FireTV the be on standby and therefore unable to launch XBMC, but it works beautifully. I have modified the configuration to take into account, and I think it is perfect now.

This configuration will:
* automatically start XBMC when the Fire TV boots
* automatically start XBMC when the Fire TV resumes from Standby
* automatically go to Standby after 10 mins of inactivity in XBMC
* automatically go to Standby after 10 mins of inactivity in most apps
* automatically go to Standby after 15s of inactivity in KFTV Launcher

If you exit XBMC, you can either relaunch it through the Settings menu, or wait 15s for the KFTV to go to standby and power it back on.

Download llama from http://kebabapps.blogspot.com (get the engb version without callphone).

Code:
XBMC > System > Settings > System > Power saving
Shutdown function timer = 10 min
Shutdown function = Quit

Create the following Llama events:

Code:
Event     : 10 minutes standby in applications
Condition : Active application = When the current app is not KFTV Launcher
Action    : Change Screen Timeout = 10 minutes

Event     : 15 seconds standby in KTFV Launcher
Condition : Active application = When the current app is KFTV Launcher
Action    : Change Screen Timeout = 15 seconds

Event     : Launch XBMC when screen turns off
Condition : Screen off

Event     : Launch XBMC at startup
Condition : Phone reboot = after start up

You can either create the above events manually (after deleting the sample events), or import the attached llama configuration file. To import the config file:
  1. download llama configuration files: llama_events_for_xbmc_on_firetv.zip - 1.31 KB
  2. unzip it
  3. exit or force stop llama
  4. copy the whole Llama directory to /storage/emulated/0/ (this can be done with XBMC file manager, where that location is known as Internal Storage)
  5. launch llama

Hey buddy. Thank you sooooo much. I'll reset my firetv tonight. reinstall xbmc and install llama and try your profile. I've downloaded it. hope it works. Smile))
(2014-05-06, 20:03)who.is.matt Wrote: Okay guys... Assuming Amazon will let me do it once they finally accept the app into the App Store, I'm thinking of changing the name of my app from "XBMC For Fire TV" to "XBMC On Fire". I'd also change the icons to something like this:

It's less device-specific while still remaining similar to the original idea. Since Fire TV users are the primary audience for the app, what do you guys think?

I like it!
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
Any problem with calling it "XBMC Launcher"? Then using the xbmc logo?
how do you change the order the apps are listed in the "your apps library" on the fire tv menu?
(2014-05-06, 00:41)who.is.matt Wrote: Hey guys... Here's an update on the status of my launcher app.

I submitted it to the Amazon App Store yesterday. I got an email today asking me to make a minor change to conform to Amazon's trademark policy. (Turns out if you even mention Amazon or any of its devices or services you have to put in a disclaimer saying that the app wasn't developed by Amazon. I somehow managed to overlook that one sentence on that one page of the dozen or so dealing with requirements and terms for submitting apps.) That issue is hopefully now resolved. I don't foresee any other obstacles in the app getting approved. Not that I saw that one coming, either, but... There's really not much else about the app they could object to.

Very, very nice. Really like it.

Philip
  • 153(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10