• 155(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
Anyone having problems with the keyboard inside xbmc? The AFTV remote works everywhere besides using the keyboard function.
(2014-05-07, 02:40)jnickell100 Wrote: Anyone having problems with the keyboard inside xbmc? The AFTV remote works everywhere besides using the keyboard function.

it's in the wiki:

XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Input devices and enable Remote control sends keyboard presses
(2014-05-07, 02:24)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 01:34)Migalicious Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 01:02)Lunatixz Wrote: Anyone have luck path substituting sources.xml? Every time I try it never takes...

It definitely works. Try restarting XBMC after uploading your changed file.

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/sources.xml is the correct path, in case you had it wrong.

<substitute>
<from>special://profile/sources.xml</from>
<to>smb://ip/XBMC/userdata/sources.xml</to>
</substitute>

Does this look correct?

Ah, that's not what I thought you were intending to do. The file you want is advancedsettings.xml, same directory. It should look like this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
      <from>special://profile/Thumbnails/</from>
      <to>smb://nas/xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/</to>
    </substitute>
  </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>
[/code]
(2014-05-07, 02:58)Migalicious Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 01:34)Migalicious Wrote: It definitely works. Try restarting XBMC after uploading your changed file.

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/sources.xml is the correct path, in case you had it wrong.

<substitute>
</substitute>

Does this look correct?

Ah, that's not what I thought you were intending to do. The file you want is advancedsettings.xml, same directory. It should look like this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
      <to>smb://nas/xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/</to>
    </substitute>
  </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>
[/code]

Yes I understand how to, I've been using pathsubs for a long time. But is sources.xml working as a path sub in android?

For whatever reason I can't get it to take the source.xml path sub.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-05-07, 01:34)Migalicious Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 01:02)Lunatixz Wrote: Anyone have luck path substituting sources.xml? Every time I try it never takes...

It definitely works. Try restarting XBMC after uploading your changed file.

<substitute>
</substitute>

Does this look correct?

Code:
<pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <to>smb://bignas1/media/Thumbnails/</to>
  </substitute>

<substitute>
    <from>special://profile/sources.xml/</from>
    <to>smb://bignas1/media/xbmc.xml/sources.xml/</to>
  </substitute>

</pathsubstitution>

Here's mine. Works great.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
(2014-05-07, 03:03)Lunatixz Wrote: Yes I understand how to, I've been using pathsubs for a long time. But is sources.xml working as a path sub in android?

For whatever reason I can't get it to take the source.xml path sub.

Here's my advancedsettings.xml and the pathsubstitution work perfectly (you can ignore the other settings, focus on the pathsubstitution part).

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
    <timeseekforwardbig>300</timeseekforwardbig>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek.  Defaults to 600 (10 minutes). -->
    <timeseekbackwardbig>-90</timeseekbackwardbig>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek.  Defaults to -600 (10 minutes). -->
</video>
<pathsubstitution>
   <substitute>
     <from>special://thumbnails/</from>
     <to>smb://USER:[email protected]/xbmc/Thumbnails</to>
   </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
  <network>
    <cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
    <readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor>
  </network>
</advancedsettings>

Also, make sure that you push the updated advancedsettings.xml file to FTV and restart XBMC.
Code:
adb push advancedsettings.xml /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata
I'm trying to copy a folder into my directory for the Llama app but it says the folder doesn't exist. How do i find the correct path in my fire tv??

step 2.5.1: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Amazon_Fire_TV
I've officially changed the name of my app to XBMC On Fire in order to make it less device-specific and to avoid using any Amazon trademarks. Amazon didn't reject the app, but they were taking a while to approve it, so I decided to just make the changes and resubmit so as to give them no excuse for rejecting it.

I've gotten mixed feedback about the new name an icons. Some of you love them, some don't. The name, for better or worse, is now pretty much set. Eclipse choked when I tried to refactor the project and change the app name, and I ended up having to basically re-create it from a new project. I don't want to have to go through that again, so the name is here to stay.

The icons, on the other hand, are more flexible. When it comes to using image editors, I have more experience manipulating photos than creating graphics, so this was the best I was able to put together in a reasonable time while playing around with GIMP yesterday. If anyone with more experience in graphic design wants to make a better icon, I wouldn't turn down the help. And even without that, I'll almost certainly tweak the images over time.

Finally, in the process of re-creating the app due to Eclipse's tantrum, I added a bit of functionality. Screen transitions should be a bit nicer now, and I've provided the option on first run to show the splash screen or not when launching the app. I figure most people won't want to see the splash screen, but it was simple enough to provide the option.
So the fire TV is better then the eclipse?
(2014-05-07, 04:18)ilovemymac Wrote: So the fire TV is better then the eclipse?

... One of us isn't understanding the other, but I'm not sure which one.

Eclipse is a popular programming environment for developing Android applications. Sort of like Visual Studio but for Java. The application ate my project when I tried to rename it.

So actually, considering I haven't had any problems with the Fire TV so far... Yeah. I guess the Fire TV is better than Eclipse.
(2014-05-06, 08:58)LRa Wrote: Quick question, if I connect a storage device via NAS, can I copy files from it to the internal storage via xbmc?

(2014-05-06, 20:03)who.is.matt Wrote: Okay guys... Assuming Amazon will let me do it once they finally accept the app into the App Store, I'm thinking of changing the name of my app from "XBMC For Fire TV" to "XBMC On Fire". I'd also change the icons to something like this:

It's less device-specific while still remaining similar to the original idea. Since Fire TV users are the primary audience for the app, what do you guys think?

IMO, looks great. Clean look and different but relevant name. Good job!
(2014-05-07, 03:53)GTV17 Wrote: I'm trying to copy a folder into my directory for the Llama app but it says the folder doesn't exist. How do i find the correct path in my fire tv??

step 2.5.1: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Amazon_Fire_TV

I fixed the instructions. It should be
Code:
adb push downloaded_folder /sdcard/Llama/
(2014-05-07, 04:22)who.is.matt Wrote: So actually, considering I haven't had any problems with the Fire TV so far... Yeah. I guess the Fire TV is better than Eclipse.

Almost anything is better than Eclipse Smile
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
(2014-05-07, 05:13)cstark27 Wrote: I fixed the instructions. It should be
Code:
adb push downloaded_folder /sdcard/Llama/

Thank you for posting it to the wiki and making a few improvements. I had forgotten about adb to copy files from a PC (I mostly use XBMC file manager to manage files and a local Terminal to manage sideloaded applications).
To any XBMC devs looking, I now have 3 full BD rips (via MakeMKV) that suffer from green pixellated streaking/strobing. All are H.264, and don't know why these don't play well when other, even higher bitrate rips do...

- Bedtime Stories
- The Dark Knight Rises
- Django Unchained
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
  • 155(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10