• 156(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-05-07, 13:40)hdmkv Wrote: To any XBMC devs looking, I now have 3 full BD rips (via MakeMKV) that suffer from green pixellated streaking/strobing. All are H.264, and don't know why these don't play well when other, even higher bitrate rips do...

- Bedtime Stories
- The Dark Knight Rises
- Django Unchained

Try re-doing your rips with diff parameters? Wink
(2014-05-06, 20:03)who.is.matt Wrote: Okay guys... Assuming Amazon will let me do it once they finally accept the app into the App Store, I'm thinking of changing the name of my app from "XBMC For Fire TV" to "XBMC On Fire". I'd also change the icons to something like this:

It's less device-specific while still remaining similar to the original idea. Since Fire TV users are the primary audience for the app, what do you guys think?

Like the new icon and the new name. Seems like a winner to me. Hoping Amazon lets it into the app store soon!
(2014-05-07, 13:40)hdmkv Wrote: To any XBMC devs looking, I now have 3 full BD rips (via MakeMKV) that suffer from green pixellated streaking/strobing. All are H.264, and don't know why these don't play well when other, even higher bitrate rips do...

- Bedtime Stories
- The Dark Knight Rises
- Django Unchained

try remuxing them to m2ts. I have this issue with the ouya.
Thanks, will try that and report back shortly. But, it's odd that container would matter. Hopefully, if just container issue, it should be fixable in XBMC.

Update: Just tested 'The Dark Knight Rises' and 'Django Unchained' in m2ts containers and perfect playback! Great, but why not in MKV?!
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2014-05-07, 09:31)arman68 Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 05:13)cstark27 Wrote: I fixed the instructions. It should be
Code:
adb push downloaded_folder /sdcard/Llama/

Thank you for posting it to the wiki and making a few improvements. I had forgotten about adb to copy files from a PC (I mostly use XBMC file manager to manage files and a local Terminal to manage sideloaded applications).

I'm trying to put the preconfigures Llama events from the wiki but can't seem to get the location right to where Llama recognizes it as events.I tried for several hours yesterday and putting the files in this folder didn't do anything. Infact after installing Llama the default profiles existed in the app but no files in this location. I've tried looking for it in shell and through xbmc file manager. I've even looked in this folder as suggested :/storage/emulated/0/ " and still no go.

Can someone help with this.? Is there a specific version of llama I have to install. I've tried the install from
http://www.mediafire.com/kebabapps/llama
Tried: Llama.1.2012.12.31.1456.callphone.apk
and Llama.1.2012.12.31.1456.engb.apk

The callphone.apk looks a little newer and has the option to update through usb but that does not work as well. The engb version does not even have that option.

Is there a Llama version I should install. I have been at this for over 4 hours last night. Really appreciate someones help.
I did not try to import them, but if you press the menu key>import/export>load from USB, and you can't select the Llama folder then I'm not sure what to do. I've never messed with that to be honest. You could input the events manually as they are also in the Wiki. It shouldn't take much time. If you need further help PM me or arman68. I don't want to further detract from playback issues with XBMC on the FireTV.
(2014-05-07, 15:50)hdmkv Wrote: Thanks, will try that and report back shortly. But, it's odd that container would matter. Hopefully, if just container issue, it should be fixable in XBMC.

Update: Just tested 'The Dark Knight Rises' and 'Django Unchained' in m2ts containers and perfect playback! Great, but why not in MKV?!

that's what I've been saying too,I've posted this issue a couple times but never get feedback at least there's a work around.
(2014-05-07, 03:16)jocala Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 02:24)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 01:34)Migalicious Wrote: It definitely works. Try restarting XBMC after uploading your changed file.

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/sources.xml is the correct path, in case you had it wrong.

<substitute>
<from>special://profile/sources.xml</from>
<to>smb://ip/XBMC/userdata/sources.xml</to>
</substitute>

Does this look correct?

Code:
<pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>special://profile/Thumbnails/</from>
    <to>smb://bignas1/media/Thumbnails/</to>
  </substitute>

<substitute>
    <from>special://profile/sources.xml/</from>
    <to>smb://bignas1/media/xbmc.xml/sources.xml/</to>
  </substitute>

</pathsubstitution>

Here's mine. Works great.

Thanks, Don't get why i'm running into problems... all my other xbmc instances use the same setup...firetv loads my advancdedsettings but ignores my pathsubs...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-05-07, 14:02)jtr2006 Wrote:
(2014-05-06, 20:03)who.is.matt Wrote: Okay guys... Assuming Amazon will let me do it once they finally accept the app into the App Store, I'm thinking of changing the name of my app from "XBMC For Fire TV" to "XBMC On Fire". I'd also change the icons to something like this:

It's less device-specific while still remaining similar to the original idea. Since Fire TV users are the primary audience for the app, what do you guys think?

Like the new icon and the new name. Seems like a winner to me. Hoping Amazon lets it into the app store soon!
I do not think Amazon will ever support XBMC on the Fire because they can not generate any revenue from it. Just the opposite, they will lose revenue because most people will use XBMC rather than rent or buy videos from their site. Also they will lose what ever moneys they get from Netflix when someone rents a video.
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
(2014-05-07, 20:13)lartomar2002 Wrote: I do not think Amazon will ever support XBMC on the Fire because they can not generate any revenue from it. Just the opposite, they will lose revenue because most people will use XBMC rather than rent or buy videos from their site. Also they will lose what ever moneys they get from Netflix when someone rents a video.

So why do they allow developers to submit free apps? Why do they even offer a "free app of the day" program? Because even if Amazon isn't directly making money from an app, more apps make the devices more useful, and therefore more appealing to customers. The more that customers use the device, the more likely they are to use Amazon's services.

XBMC fills the same role as Plex, which is fine software but a lot of people aren't going to want to pay $5 for an app that requires them to also install Plex Media Server on another computer before they can really use it. So that leaves a lot of customers either not interested in the Fire TV since it otherwise can't play local media, or else sideloading XBMC. I'm hoping that Amazon will see the wisdom in putting a launcher for XBMC in the Fire TV's App menu, considering the alternative is exactly what a lot of people have been discussing in this thread: using other side-loaded apps like Llama to bypass the Fire TV interface entirely.
(2014-05-07, 20:22)who.is.matt Wrote: The more that customers use the device, the more likely they are to use Amazon's services.

Yup. Right now, all my (digitally) purchased content goes through my AppleTV, because it's not possible to have one device that does it all. If I can have one device that does it all, and that device is the Fire TV, then purchased content will go through Amazon.
(2014-05-07, 18:53)cstark27 Wrote: I did not try to import them, but if you press the menu key>import/export>load from USB, and you can't select the Llama folder then I'm not sure what to do. I've never messed with that to be honest. You could input the events manually as they are also in the Wiki. It shouldn't take much time. If you need further help PM me or arman68. I don't want to further detract from playback issues with XBMC on the FireTV.

I tried loading the google play store llama. Put in the Llama files in the path mentioned in Wiki. No effect. I don't think that path is correct. That path works when you export the event but does not read from it. I believe it is stored somewhere else. I tried looking throughout the accessible space through ES File explorer with / as the starting option. Couldn't find it anywhere. Not sure how others have imported profiles. I would like to load the profiles as I will make another one for my parents to use.
(2014-05-06, 15:45)MrMichaelJames Wrote:
(2014-05-06, 10:09)arman68 Wrote:
(2014-05-06, 06:33)MrMichaelJames Wrote: Cannot get Gotham to work on the firetv. Fresh install. Loads my library, gets through my movies (locked up once). Now locks up on movies. Attempt to play a movie or tv show and locks up. SPMC still works fine. Using mysql on a NAS for my database (same with SPMC). Thumbnails and art stored across network on a NAS (same with SPMC). Config is the same as SPMC it just locks up. I'll sit back on Gotham until the hiccups are sorted out.

(...)

In the log. I can force quit xbmc and relaunch it and refresh again and it works for awhile, but if I try to update the library too many times in a row it logs the above. If it locks up only the menus work, i can't play anything and have to force quit it. Right now I have everything up to date.

I had exactly the same issue with all versions of Gotham since 27/04/2014 (I did not try earlier versions). I tried multiple times, wiping out the application data and dropping the SQL databases (on Synology MariaDB) everytime.

In my case, I think it is a bug related to accessing NFS paths on Synology NAS. It is not specific to the Android builds; the same issue exists with Windows build.

I was previously using Gotham on OpenElec, using the same NFS paths, and had no problem. With the recent builds on the FireTV however, NFS access failed, and I had to add quite a lot of permissions to make it work. Unfortunately, once that was solved, content scanning seems to hang randomly.

The solution is to switch to SMB instead. I know NFS is a bit faster, but to be honest, I have not noticed any difference.

Hey thanks for the info, I'll read up on how to make it work with SMB instead. Probably also why if I browse NFS on my nas the server shows up right away but then getting the listing of shares on the servers takes forever.

Im using a Synology 1812+ with NFS and im not having any of those issues. what version of DSM are you using?

view this video and apply these changes, i think it might help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64l-BmPqxJk
I also have a Synology 1812+ with NFS enabled and can't browse inside Volume 1, Volume 2, etc. XBMC sees the IP address of my Synology and I can go one level in (the volumes), but no further.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2014-05-07, 23:01)hdmkv Wrote: I also have a Synology 1812+ with NFS enabled and can't browse inside Volume 1, Volume 2, etc. XBMC sees the IP address of my Synology and I can go one level in (the volumes), but no further.

did you follow the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64l-BmPqxJk ?
  • 156(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10