• 178(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-05-17, 19:29)bluechris Wrote: Guy's sorry if that was answered before, i dont find it but how FTV behaves with uhd movie on a uhd TV?

P.S. I ordered one with reship and w8ting to come to Greece.

A 4K movie will stutter and lag. FTV don't have enough power.
I have a Samsung 8550 65" 4K UHD TV. You need a PC connected to it. Or, put the movie on a USB drive and plug that into the TV and play it directly.
XBMC on a PC connected to a UHD TV will play 4K video. It won't play a x265 4K video. My 2014 Samsung will play a x265 4K through USB. 2013 models can't.

For normal playing of a 1080P video, it is just OK. There seems to be an occasional stutter which I hate. So I just use a WDTV Live. It plays perfectly smooth. Never any stutters. Bluray ISO's play perfect with HD audio.
I am having a issue with my shared XBMC database on AFTV that I hope someone can help me with. I moved over my advancedsettings.xml file from my working Frodo HTPC and it sees my shared database on my server. However it doesnt seem to be in "sync" with what I have watched and latest added shows/movies. Not sure why this is. One thing that is different I am running Gotham v13.0 on the AFTV but Frodo v12.2 on the other XBMC HTPCs. The other HTPCs are syned fine and working its just on my AFTV. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Perhaps upgrading my Frodo HTPC to Gotham? Seems like I shouldnt really have to though.
I've been using a shared library hosted on a Windows server for my Windows 7 PC and my Raspbery Pi running RaspBMC. I just got my Fire TV, with which I will replace the Pi.

What changes will I need to make to continue to use a shared library with my Windows 7 PC and the Fire TV? I believe I read that all the devices sharing the library need the same version of XBMC, which means I will need to install Gotham on my PC. Beyond that, can I make the same settings changes to the Fire TV's configuration files as I did with the Pi to have it look at my server for the library instead of storing it locally?

Having everything about Fire TV in a single thread on this forum makes it difficult to find answers.

Thanks
Joe
(2014-05-17, 21:33)pope523 Wrote: I've been using a shared library hosted on a Windows server for my Windows 7 PC and my Raspbery Pi running RaspBMC. I just got my Fire TV, with which I will replace the Pi.

What changes will I need to make to continue to use a shared library with my Windows 7 PC and the Fire TV? I believe I read that all the devices sharing the library need the same version of XBMC, which means I will need to install Gotham on my PC. Beyond that, can I make the same settings changes to the Fire TV's configuration files as I did with the Pi to have it look at my server for the library instead of storing it locally?

Having everything about Fire TV in a single thread on this forum makes it difficult to find answers.

Thanks
Joe

I copied the sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml from one of the XBMC pcs to the AFTV from there it loaded the database. I am not certain the versions need to be exactly the same but could be the reason for my AFTV (Gotham) not being in sync with my HTPC (Frodo). Not really looking forward to upgrading my HTPCs to Gotham.
(2014-05-17, 21:13)HuddaDudda Wrote: I am having a issue with my shared XBMC database on AFTV that I hope someone can help me with. I moved over my advancedsettings.xml file from my working Frodo HTPC and it sees my shared database on my server. However it doesnt seem to be in "sync" with what I have watched and latest added shows/movies. Not sure why this is. One thing that is different I am running Gotham v13.0 on the AFTV but Frodo v12.2 on the other XBMC HTPCs. The other HTPCs are syned fine and working its just on my AFTV. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Perhaps upgrading my Frodo HTPC to Gotham? Seems like I shouldnt really have to though.

Everything needs to be on thesame version, so yes go to Gotham all round.

(2014-05-17, 21:33)pope523 Wrote: I've been using a shared library hosted on a Windows server for my Windows 7 PC and my Raspbery Pi running RaspBMC. I just got my Fire TV, with which I will replace the Pi.

Thanks
Joe

Advancedsettings.xml changes will be the same, and yes upgrade the other machines to Gotham. Do the PC first and the first time it runs it will update the DB to gothams version.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-05-17, 21:37)nickr Wrote:
(2014-05-17, 21:13)HuddaDudda Wrote: I am having a issue with my shared XBMC database on AFTV that I hope someone can help me with. I moved over my advancedsettings.xml file from my working Frodo HTPC and it sees my shared database on my server. However it doesnt seem to be in "sync" with what I have watched and latest added shows/movies. Not sure why this is. One thing that is different I am running Gotham v13.0 on the AFTV but Frodo v12.2 on the other XBMC HTPCs. The other HTPCs are syned fine and working its just on my AFTV. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Perhaps upgrading my Frodo HTPC to Gotham? Seems like I shouldnt really have to though.

Thats what I was afraid of, now off to read how to update Frodo to Gotham properly on my HTPCs. Its strange that the "watched" items on Frodo were from a long time ago are showing unwatched on Gotham. IE watched before the AFTV XBMC installed w/shared db. Not that I added something new on the Gotham db and watched it and the items on the Frodo boxes dont show, its really the other way around. Gotham seems outdated and not showing my recently added items. Hopefully I dont loose all my "watched" Frodo stuff. Now will AFTV/Gotham dictate what the other HTPCs are after the upgrade or the other ones will? Think I should delete files (or remove XBMC all together) from the AFTV box first, then go into the HTPC and do the upgrades, then go back to the AFTV and reinstall Gotham again? Hmm...guess I am about to find out.
(2014-05-17, 21:37)nickr Wrote:

Thanks
Joe

Advancedsettings.xml changes will be the same, and yes upgrade the other machines to Gotham. Do the PC first and the first time it runs it will update the DB to gothams version.

Cool. I will report back with my results. Thanks
(2014-05-17, 21:09)Dixon Butz Wrote:
(2014-05-17, 19:29)bluechris Wrote: Guy's sorry if that was answered before, i dont find it but how FTV behaves with uhd movie on a uhd TV?

A 4K movie will stutter and lag. FTV don't have enough power.
I have a Samsung 8550 65" 4K UHD TV. You need a PC connected to it. Or, put the movie on a USB drive and plug that into the TV and play it directly.
XBMC on a PC connected to a UHD TV will play 4K video. It won't play a x265 4K video. My 2014 Samsung will play a x265 4K through USB. 2013 models can't.

For normal playing of a 1080P video, it is just OK. There seems to be an occasional stutter which I hate. So I just use a WDTV Live. It plays perfectly smooth. Never any stutters. Bluray ISO's play perfect with HD audio.

Got it thx guys. I will w8 for a hdmi 2.0 pc gfx card to appear and till then I stay with the ftv and my Asus eb1033. I also w8 for a tronsmart 802-h to see how it will do.

(2014-05-17, 21:09)HuddaDudda Wrote:

Plays fine so far on my UH8550 LED but I dont like this TV PQ so I am getting a F8500 Plasma.

EDIT: Sorry skipped over the UHD Movie - 4K will not work.

P.S. The TV I ordered is the new LG 55UB850V that just released.
There's no substitute for experience
I've got XBMC Gotham 13.1 beta 1 running on the Fire TV and I'm using a Harmony 650 w/ the Ortek VRC-1100 IR receiver. This solution is working great with one exception, if I press a remote key more than twice in rapid succession (such as to quickly go down a video list to the desired video) the keystroke repeat kicks in. I'm finding it difficult to navigate as the keystroke repeat scroll speed is very fast and can't be controlled once engaged. I've adjusted the Harmony inter-key delays and remote repeat settings which have helped but haven't eliminated the issue.

I found some remote delay settings and applied them to the advancedsettings.xml file but they don't appear to have an effect. Does anyone know how to adjust keyboard command repeat delays that might help resolve this?
(2014-05-18, 01:53)tret Wrote: I've got XBMC Gotham 13.1 beta 1 running on the Fire TV and I'm using a Harmony 650 w/ the Ortek VRC-1100 IR receiver. This solution is working great with one exception, if I press a remote key more than twice in rapid succession (such as to quickly go down a video list to the desired video) the keystroke repeat kicks in. I'm finding it difficult to navigate as the keystroke repeat scroll speed is very fast and can't be controlled once engaged. I've adjusted the Harmony inter-key delays and remote repeat settings which have helped but haven't eliminated the issue.

I found some remote delay settings and applied them to the advancedsettings.xml file but they don't appear to have an effect. Does anyone know how to adjust keyboard command repeat delays that might help resolve this?

Per the Fire TV for XBMC Wiki...

6.3 USB
USB port allows for various additional remote types, such as FLIRC, various RF dongles, etc. Most of these devices will show up as a keyboard type input.

In the past I've used MCE IR remotes that send remote commands, not keyboard commands. This is probably why I'm seeing this difference. Per the above section of the Wiki it says "Most of these devices will show up as a keyboard type input", does anyone know of any that work that send remote commands?
What is wrong with keyboard type input?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Since Father's day is approaching, I'd like to get a universal remote for FireTV. I'd like to mothball my TV remote and a original MCE remote too. I have the Ortech IR blaster, will either the Harmony 650 or 700 do what I need? I need to stay well south of $200.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
(2014-05-18, 05:34)nickr Wrote: What is wrong with keyboard type input?

if I press a remote key more than twice in rapid succession (such as to quickly go down a video list to the desired video) the keystroke repeat kicks in. I'm finding it difficult to navigate as the keystroke repeat scroll speed is very fast and can't be controlled once engaged. I've adjusted the Harmony inter-key delays and remote repeat settings which have helped but haven't eliminated the issue.
(2014-05-18, 05:45)jocala Wrote: Since Father's day is approaching, I'd like to get a universal remote for FireTV. I'd like to mothball my TV remote and a original MCE remote too. I have the Ortech IR blaster, will either the Harmony 650 or 700 do what I need? I need to stay well south of $200.

I'm using the Harmony 650 and it works great with the ortek blaster. I can also get the bahavior that Tret is seeing but in my case it's very minor. 3 quick presses will result in moving down 4 items in the menu sometimes. I have the repeat rate set to 1 under troubleshooting.

Be sure to set up the 650 as the ortek remote and not as a generic mce remote.
Under customize buttons set prev to clear. This makes the back button work

I also used the keymap editor add-on to assign the short and long skip buttons on the 650. FireTV doesn't fast forward or rewind very well.
(2014-05-18, 01:53)jocala Wrote: Since Father's day is approaching, I'd like to get a universal remote for FireTV. I'd like to mothball my TV remote and a original MCE remote too. I have the Ortech IR blaster, will either the Harmony 650 or 700 do what I need? I need to stay well south of $200.

Just spend the $ and buy the Ultimate Harmony Remote, http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B...er=&sr=8-3

Its touch screen and does IR - RF - and Bluetooth for every single device you could own. Plus you can use your smartphones to control them too.

Cheers
  • 178(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10