• 180(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
Has anyone been able to side load a VPN client on the AFTV ang get it to work successfully? If so which client and what steps did you take?
I tried what you suggested. Unfortunately it didnt make a change. Did you have to do something else to make the settings kick in? I did a hard power reboot

Anyone else experience this at all? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling which in theory should have given me a clean slate.

(2014-05-19, 02:00)sams0n Wrote:
(2014-05-18, 20:35)rorschach76 Wrote: Im having some issues with StepForward. While watching a video when i press step forward once, the video will jump to the spot in the show. But the moment i let go of the button it will jump back the beginning of the video and show 00:00. Essentially it will look like it will stutter and just go back to the beginning of the show.

If i hold down stepforward it will jump to the point but not to where i expect. So if i hold down stepforward until it says 9:00, when i let go it will jump to around the 8minute mark.

If i press the center select button. No matter where in the video i am. It will always say im at position 0

Anyone have any ideas? I thought it was my file, but it happens consistently. Also SPMC does not have the same issue on the same files

i was having a similar issue and disabling mediacodec and enabling libstagefright in the hardware accel settings fixed it.
(2014-05-19, 04:40)Imediaconnected Wrote: Any update on the launcher submitted to Amazon?

I think a lot of us would like an update, but there's probably no reason to trouble the dev who submitted the app since he said he would post something as soon as there was news. If you look at the Amazon app store every week, a few things stand out: 1) they aren't approving a lot of new apps in any given week; 2) the new apps they are approving tend to be games (probably because that's the segment they want to promote); and 3) most of the non-gaming apps are pretty lame.

While I think the FTV is pretty awesome, I don't see Amazon letting any kind of launcher app into their store or on the home page. It may be technically permissible, but it's not consistent with their strategy for how they want the device used.

I've resigned myself to living with Lama. Sigh.. Sad
(2014-05-19, 04:41)phigment Wrote: Anybody have any luck at all with RCB on Gotham and FireTV?

It's my first try doing this and followed instructions that were verified with Ouya, but can't get it to work. I thought maybe you can't run it over NAS... But after changing the paths to local it still didn't work. Wouldnt launch the emulator from within RCB.

Any reason why this wouldn't work on Firetv? Can't find any documentation anywhere...

I've been meaning to try these instructions for the Ouya, I imagine that they would work for the Fire TV. Please report back if this works for you.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2578612
(2014-05-19, 15:08)jtr2006 Wrote:
(2014-05-19, 04:40)Imediaconnected Wrote: Any update on the launcher submitted to Amazon?

I think a lot of us would like an update, but there's probably no reason to trouble the dev who submitted the app since he said he would post something as soon as there was news. If you look at the Amazon app store every week, a few things stand out: 1) they aren't approving a lot of new apps in any given week; 2) the new apps they are approving tend to be games (probably because that's the segment they want to promote); and 3) most of the non-gaming apps are pretty lame.

While I think the FTV is pretty awesome, I don't see Amazon letting any kind of launcher app into their store or on the home page. It may be technically permissible, but it's not consistent with their strategy for how they want the device used.

In fact, over the last couple of weeks the number of apps under the "Entertainment" category has gone down from 32 to 27 (currently). It is possible that the developers may have pulled the apps, but I am guessing that Amazon had a role to play.
Can anyone getting smooth playback with 1080i MPEG-2 content (recorded TV) please share their settings? I have tried all combinations of hardware acceleration and deinterlacing and cannot get smooth playback. Thanks.
MPEG-2 is not supported by the hardware.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-05-19, 18:25)cncb Wrote: Can anyone getting smooth playback with 1080i MPEG-2 content (recorded TV) please share their settings? I have tried all combinations of hardware acceleration and deinterlacing and cannot get smooth playback. Thanks.

I dont have any 1080i material to test with, but I can tell you that MPEG2 is not hardware accelerated on this box, so playing with that wont help. Incidentally, do you get the deinterlacing option to become selectable on yours? I tried an SD interlaced clip for someone the other day, but couldnt get the deinterlace option to become selectable no matter what I tried.
(2014-05-19, 18:35)Apothis Wrote: I dont have any 1080i material to test with, but I can tell you that MPEG2 is not hardware accelerated on this box, so playing with that wont help. Incidentally, do you get the deinterlacing option to become selectable on yours? I tried an SD interlaced clip for someone the other day, but couldnt get the deinterlace option to become selectable no matter what I tried.

Yes, if you disable both acceleration options you should be able to select deinterlacing (I think you can also have one of them enabled and still get deinterlacing options but I'm not sure which one).
(2014-05-19, 18:25)cncb Wrote: Can anyone getting smooth playback with 1080i MPEG-2 content (recorded TV) please share their settings? I have tried all combinations of hardware acceleration and deinterlacing and cannot get smooth playback. Thanks.

I don't seem to have any trouble with 1080i live tv (Verizon Fios over hdhomerun over mythtv) on this box, and I don't think I've fiddled much with the settings, other than disabling mediacodec and enabling libstagefright.
(2014-05-19, 18:57)cncb Wrote:
(2014-05-19, 18:35)Apothis Wrote: I dont have any 1080i material to test with, but I can tell you that MPEG2 is not hardware accelerated on this box, so playing with that wont help. Incidentally, do you get the deinterlacing option to become selectable on yours? I tried an SD interlaced clip for someone the other day, but couldnt get the deinterlace option to become selectable no matter what I tried.

Yes, if you disable both acceleration options you should be able to select deinterlacing (I think you can also have one of them enabled and still get deinterlacing options but I'm not sure which one).

That was the first thing I tried (disabling both). No matter what the setting, I couldnt get the deinterlace option to become active.
(2014-05-19, 17:59)underworld123 Wrote:
(2014-05-19, 15:08)jtr2006 Wrote:

In fact, over the last couple of weeks the number of apps under the "Entertainment" category has gone down from 32 to 27 (currently). It is possible that the developers may have pulled the apps, but I am guessing that Amazon had a role to play.

My launcher is still "under review". Given the very small number of apps that have been approved for the FTV since its release, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. I do think that it will eventually be approved, but it's not going to happen while the Fire TV is still in its débutante stage. Amazon's focusing on making everything shiny, and apparently hasn't really opened up the market yet (at least for non-game apps) except to AAA devs. As I said in an earlier post, Amazon will eventually have to be more accepting of apps into the App Store for the FTV in order to make it competitive with other Android-based devices. But right now, they seem to be trying to keep the focus on it as a set-top box and casual gaming console, rather than a generic Android box.
Keeping my fingers crossed your app will be approved sooner than later. It's the one thing that'll make XBMC on FTV more family friendly. Surprisingly my friend's app, which I helped test as he didn't have a FTV, was approved 3 days after submission. Maybe because it's a game as you noted.

On a different note, here's a list of sideloaded apps that work on FTV (XDA forum).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2014-05-19, 03:53)kozmo2k4 Wrote:
(2014-05-18, 23:01)mjbxx Wrote:
(2014-05-18, 22:37)kozmo2k4 Wrote: Try "adb shell", then navigate to the directory " cd /"name of directory" ( cd /sdcard), then you can list folders/files with "ls -la", then to remove "rm <filename>". If it's a directory, "rm -r <directoryname>
Would it be possible for you to show how you would handle the adb push zip file below into easy steps for me to follow to delete from FTV. I am having a hard time understanding how the adb works.

C:\>adb push C:\XBMC\plugin.video.plexbmc-3.4.6beta2.zip /sdcard/

Try this:

C:\> adb shell rm /sdcard/plugin.video.plexbmc-3.4.6beta2.zip

That's all
This actually worked. Thanks for your help on this.
(2014-05-19, 22:05)hdmkv Wrote: Keeping my fingers crossed your app will be approved sooner than later. It's the one thing that'll make XBMC on FTV more family friendly. Surprisingly my friend's app, which I helped test as he didn't have a FTV, was approved 3 days after submission. Maybe because it's a game as you noted.

On a different note, here's a list of sideloaded apps that work on FTV (XDA forum).

Agreed. I use Lama for the OldTV app that essentially xbmc. Works well. Gets the job done.
  • 180(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10