• 189(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
The FTV is on sale at Staples for $85

Quote:Staples has the Amazon Fire TV for $99 + $1 filler - $15 off with coupon code 90717 [Exp 5/26] = $85 with free shipping.
Did anyone get one of the spotify add ons to work on the FTV?
not related to xbmc but you can get a bunch of free game coins right now. add the 5 free apps in post #2 and you will get 1000 free coins. then buy GTA san andreas for 700 coins and you will get 2000 free coins. doesn't cost anything so you might as well do it even if you dont have a game controller yet.

i used my free coins to get the sonic games and mine craft that are listed in the first post, still have like 1650 left after that.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2757061
(2014-05-24, 00:50)mediumdry Wrote:
(2014-05-23, 22:02)pmcd Wrote: The normal volume doesn't work but the volume amplification does lower and raise the volume. I posted the xml file somewhere in this thread. It's identical to the Ouya issue.
I missed the <up>volampup</up> and <down>volampdown</down> workaround, I'll update my keyboard.xml, thanks!
This works only if you want minimal changes to the volume. It won't let you go under the volume that is full volume and if you amplify it doesn't amplify too much or it distorts. (didn't let it get that far)

Unfortunately not a complete workaround.. will have to wait to make it the main XBMC box!
(2014-05-24, 17:03)jobespierre Wrote: Did anyone get one of the spotify add ons to work on the FTV?
Spotify works, but orientation is wrong, so need an orientation manager app to fix.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Just checked amazon website.People already pimping FireTV Unlocked with all those other add ons.Not really the kind of publicity xbmc on fire tv needs.Was debating buying a second unit.Hope these kind of people don't undermine it's legitimate use.
(2014-05-23, 16:42)yocoldrain Wrote:
(2014-05-23, 15:19)jerndl Wrote:
(2014-04-20, 17:45)Thraxen Wrote: I've been using this one:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...fox.ftpsvr

Nothing fancy, but it works well. I tried a few others, but some of them wouldn't use the Ethernet connection. They were expecting wireless connections like you would have to use on a phone/tablet.

I just installed this FTP server and it works except it can't navigate to the userdata folder because it can't see the .xbmc folder or anything underneath it. I can get to "/sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files" path but then it shows empty. I'm guessing that it is because .xbmc is hidden. I am using the latest (3.8.0) Filezilla for windows and have tried the "Force showing hidden files" options but it still doesn't work. Any ideas on how to get this to work or maybe use a different FTP server or client. Thanks.

Jay

I'd try different client. Im using Winscp and I can see .xbmc folder on same FTP Server.

Just curious - I am using the RapFox FTP server and the WinSCP, and I also have the same issue with not seeing anything in the org.xbmc.xbmc > files folder. This is with "View Hidden Files" turned on in WinSCP. Anyone else having this issue?
Hello would it be possible for me to map one of the FTVs remote buttons to bring up the favorites side menu??

Thanks in advance
(2014-05-24, 20:40)DiamondGeezer Wrote: Just checked amazon website.People already pimping FireTV Unlocked with all those other add ons.Not really the kind of publicity xbmc on fire tv needs.Was debating buying a second unit.Hope these kind of people don't undermine it's legitimate use.

People have been selling XBMC'ed FTV's on eBay ever since the method of pushing XBMC was posted. I also wish people wouldn't do the whole reselling thing but to each his own.
Hello

I would like to restore a backup from my old raspbmc set up to my new one on the fire tv. I installed xbmcbackup and Im trying to set up my dropbox but it says I have to check the logfile for an authorization URL. How do I pull the log file from my mac or my android phoneHuh?

Thanks
(2014-05-24, 23:02)exit Wrote:
(2014-05-23, 16:42)yocoldrain Wrote:
(2014-05-23, 15:19)jerndl Wrote: I just installed this FTP server and it works except it can't navigate to the userdata folder because it can't see the .xbmc folder or anything underneath it. I can get to "/sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files" path but then it shows empty. I'm guessing that it is because .xbmc is hidden. I am using the latest (3.8.0) Filezilla for windows and have tried the "Force showing hidden files" options but it still doesn't work. Any ideas on how to get this to work or maybe use a different FTP server or client. Thanks.

Jay

I'd try different client. Im using Winscp and I can see .xbmc folder on same FTP Server.

Just curious - I am using the RapFox FTP server and the WinSCP, and I also have the same issue with not seeing anything in the org.xbmc.xbmc > files folder. This is with "View Hidden Files" turned on in WinSCP. Anyone else having this issue?
I found that this free ftp client http://www.wsftple.com showed the hidden files by using the -la option in the remote file mask section. Using this I was able to to see all the xbmc stuff.

Jay
Hello does anybody know how I could map button #10 on the firetv remote?
(2014-05-25, 02:57)derrickrozay Wrote: Hello would it be possible for me to map one of the FTVs remote buttons to bring up the favorites side menu??

Thanks in advance

I believe keymap 3 does this

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alt..._TV_remote
(2014-05-24, 08:21)RustyTongueRing Wrote:
(2014-05-24, 01:47)navigates Wrote:
(2014-05-24, 00:46)exit Wrote: For those having audio sync issues, I moved from stable Gotham 13.0 to the 13.1 beta 2 today and that fixed the need to offset the audio ahead by 0.025 seconds. Seems like stuff is in sync now without any audio offset adjustments.

I'm gonna have to check this out. Thanks. Good to know.

I can also confirm this. Switched just now, played several tv shows, and they were all in sync with no offset.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Weirdly after my upgrade the sound delay issue is still there... Was nothing needed besides the upgrade via adb?
(2014-05-25, 11:45)jobespierre Wrote:
(2014-05-24, 08:21)RustyTongueRing Wrote:
(2014-05-24, 01:47)navigates Wrote: I'm gonna have to check this out. Thanks. Good to know.

I can also confirm this. Switched just now, played several tv shows, and they were all in sync with no offset.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Weirdly after my upgrade the sound delay issue is still there... Was nothing needed besides the upgrade via adb?

Did you reboot your ATF after the upgrade? I have found that an occasional reboot of the ATF is a good thing. It has fixed shuttering and some other issues after up gradeing using the install -r command.
  • 189(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10