• 190(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
im looking to pick up an aftermarket remote/keyboard/air mouse combo but im having trouble finding the best choice, i would like a working D pad, whats a good choice?

something like this but with the ability to use the D pad also, does anything like this exist that works out of the box?

Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2014-05-25, 16:34)dukester Wrote: im looking to pick up an aftermarket remote/keyboard/air mouse combo but im having trouble finding the best choice, i would like a working D pad, whats a good choice?

something like this but with the ability to use the D pad also, does anything like this exist that works out of the box?

Mele pro f10
Im having some annoying issues with my AFTV, I'm using Gotham 13.1 Beta 2.

After I have everything scanned in, my add-ons start getting excruciatingly slow, like 3 mins loading going from menu to menu. Like iPlayer, takes about 6 mins just to get a video. Everything else is pretty much a no go, even youtube, it just says buffering constantly.

I originally thought it was to do with servers, but even Super Faves takes 2-3 mins to load. Not sure what is going on, I'm on my 3rd factory reset Sad
(2014-05-25, 16:46)DiegoMejia Wrote:
(2014-05-25, 16:34)dukester Wrote: im looking to pick up an aftermarket remote/keyboard/air mouse combo but im having trouble finding the best choice, i would like a working D pad, whats a good choice?

Mele pro f10

can u eleborate on any limitations of this one? can the buttons all be mapped with a custom keyboard.xml?
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2014-05-23, 23:41)drew_willy Wrote:
(2014-05-23, 14:33)Apothis Wrote:
(2014-05-23, 14:11)RustyTongueRing Wrote: Thank you very much. This helps greatly.

I guess that leaves me with another question regarding audio specifically. You have said that HD audio does not work "but with DTS-MA it will extract core DTS track, with True-HD you will get stereo." I am not at all well-versed with HD audio formats or serious receiver/speaker setups (I still think 5.1 surround sound in itself is amazing). Suppose I have a 2.1 soundbar to which I connect the Fire TV via HDMI. I have previously had no trouble getting the soundbar to play audio from files containing DTS and Dolby Digital audio. Will I be able to get 2.1 audio when XBMC on the Fire TV attempts to play a video with DTS-MA or True-HD audio? From what you've written above, I think the answer is yes, but I am not sure. Also, seeing that my HTPC plays the same file in XBMC just fine, producing audio via 3.5mm aux line to 2.1 computer speakers*, I strongly suspect the audio will play fine on the soundbar via HDMI, but just checking with somebody who obviously knows a lot more about all the audio stuff than I do.

*I know, my audio setup is super lame, but it is all I can afford now; it works at present. Later in the year, when my budget allows, I would like to step up my 2.1 computer speaker setup to a true 5.1 setup. But getting info on that would probably require a whole other thread...

I'm curious about this as well, because I will have a similar setup with similar formats and not well versed with all the different audio formats. Haven't really played anything other than tv shows, and haven't had much time to test much else. Thanks in advance, been following this thread for a while and have learned a lot in the process.

I'm not sure what the actual question is here, as you messed up the quotes. But to put it simply, if doing HDMI audio passthrough, to a device that at least supports AC3/DTS, then those formats will be decoded on the receiving device. If your source material contains DTS-MA, then as the firetv cant ouput that, it will fall back to the DTS core track exactly as if the source was DTS, rather than DTS-MA, and the original answer applies. If the source material is TrueHD, then again the firetv cant output that, but in this case it will output a Stereo only track over the HDMI, when your receiving device will then do whatever it normally does with stereo material.

Apothis,

I agree that RustyTongueRing screwed up the quotes, but if you go back to my post #2769 that he is quoting, you can discern what I originally wrote and what RustyTongueRing added.

As to your confusion over what the original question was, well... the sentence that ended with a question mark. I hate to be that guy, but, even granting the quoting problems above, it seems to me you directly answered the question. Based on your reply, am I correct in thinking that the earlier poster who was having problems with a DTS-MA file (badnaam, or something like that) really wasn't experiencing a difficulty based on limitations of the Fire TV, so much as he was having problems as a result of audio settings in xbmc? That is what nickr suggested was the problem earlier, I think. So badnaam, and any others attempting to play DTS-MA audio, should have success simply by adjusting their audio settings as nickr has said. Right?

Changing the xbmc settings never solved the problem for me. I have all suggestions. I still can't play any file that shows up as DTS or Dolby Digital in XBMC. Note, they show up as DTS not DTS-MA which I think is not supported yet.
Has anyone found a fix to the green artifiacts that some mkv file display after approx 10 mins of playback? Would really like to keep using gotham instead of going back to SPMC...
You mean you don't have this issue with SPMC? I think it affects both Frodo and Gotham builds. It's a container issue... some H.264 MKV's exhibit that green pixellation/strobing issue, while other similar files play just fine. All these files play fine inside M2TS.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2014-05-25, 15:50)toddhutch Wrote:
(2014-05-25, 11:45)jobespierre Wrote:
(2014-05-24, 08:21)RustyTongueRing Wrote: I can also confirm this. Switched just now, played several tv shows, and they were all in sync with no offset.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Weirdly after my upgrade the sound delay issue is still there... Was nothing needed besides the upgrade via adb?

Did you reboot your ATF after the upgrade? I have found that an occasional reboot of the ATF is a good thing. It has fixed shuttering and some other issues after up gradeing using the install -r command.

Now that you mention it, I've only restarted my box twice since getting it and have basically had it since release. Thanks for the reminder though, so used to using Pi's and never really needing to restart. Not bad I guess for only 2 restarts and running 24/7.
FOr those who are interested, Flirc USB is available for $17.95 (free Prime shipping) http://www.amazon.com/FLIRC-Dongle-Media...00BB0ETW8/

This is the lowest price ever.
How stable is xbmc on aftv right now?
I have no experience rooting or jail breaking. And I'm already a prime member, so that helps sweeten the deal..
(2014-05-26, 02:05)KBoogie Wrote: How stable is xbmc on aftv right now?
I have no experience rooting or jail breaking, would getting Mashup on the aftv be something easy?
I don't need lots of story, just streaming... And I'm already a prime member, so that helps sweeten the deal..

xbmc does not require jailbreak or root. It's stable and easy to install. We aren't allowed to discuss addons that access protected content.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
(2014-05-25, 15:50)toddhutch Wrote:
(2014-05-25, 11:45)jobespierre Wrote:
(2014-05-24, 08:21)RustyTongueRing Wrote: I can also confirm this. Switched just now, played several tv shows, and they were all in sync with no offset.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Weirdly after my upgrade the sound delay issue is still there... Was nothing needed besides the upgrade via adb?

Did you reboot your ATF after the upgrade? I have found that an occasional reboot of the ATF is a good thing. It has fixed shuttering and some other issues after up gradeing using the install -r command.

Oddly enough, after updating my other Fire TV to 13.1 beta 2, I still have the same audio delay issue. So the upgrade worked on one box, but not the other.
Thx jocala.. Edited my previous comment to comply.
So with no root required, bricking an aftv would be hard..

I'm currently using a older Windows 7 laptop with no hdmi out for xbmc.. And I'm starting to think aftv will be a huge upgrade for running xbmc.
(2014-05-26, 02:17)jocala Wrote:
(2014-05-26, 02:05)KBoogie Wrote: How stable is xbmc on aftv right now?
I have no experience rooting or jail breaking, would getting Mashup on the aftv be something easy?
I don't need lots of story, just streaming... And I'm already a prime member, so that helps sweeten the deal..

We aren't allowed to discuss addons that access protected content.

You are confusing protected with pirated. Also, I believe they are referring to Amazon prime which is not an "add-on" but and "app" and is what the AFTV is built around accessing anyway.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Add ons are my main concern... Prime is just a bonus.. As long as it runs various add ons, I'm happy.
  • 190(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10