• 207(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
anyone have any idea how i backup the user directory using the pull command. ive tried going onto the firetv using 'adb shell' but cant seem to access this dir. i would like to restore at a later date using push command.

thanks

dave

think ive got it

adb connect <ipaddy>
adb pull /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/ ./xbmcstuff

and

adb connect <ipaddy>
adb push /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/ ./xbmcstuff
(2014-06-05, 18:02)alienkidmj12 Wrote: anyone have any idea how i backup the user directory using the pull command. ive tried going onto the firetv using 'adb shell' but cant seem to access this dir. i would like to restore at a later date using push command.

thanks

dave

think ive got it

adb connect <ipaddy>
adb pull /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/ ./xbmcstuff

and

adb connect <ipaddy>
adb push /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/ ./xbmcstuff

The 'push' is the other way round:
adb push ./xbmcstuff /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

And you can simplify the path on the FireTV a little, to /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc/xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

And as always, all this stuff is in the wiki.
(2014-06-05, 09:19)nero12 Wrote: There is various good tools out there to install XBMC in few simple click. would be good if wiki have links to these:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1700070
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1726540

There's also adbFire. It's a companion program for Android XBMC, (Gotham only). It allows you to sideload XBMC (and other apps) without the hassle of downloading the Android SDK and other tools. Also push xml and other files to the various XBMC directories. Everything you need is built into adbFire.

The current version is Windows-only. OS X will be available sometime next week.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
(2014-06-05, 18:34)jocala Wrote:
(2014-06-05, 09:19)nero12 Wrote: There is various good tools out there to install XBMC in few simple click. would be good if wiki have links to these:

There's also adbFire. It's a companion program for Android XBMC, (Gotham only). It allows you to sideload XBMC (and other apps) without the hassle of downloading the Android SDK and other tools. Also push xml and other files to the various XBMC directories. Everything you need is built into adbFire.

I get the following error message when I try to run the above. I am using Win 8.1
Image Image
Any ideas on what the problem is? Thanks.

Jay
(2014-06-05, 21:12)jerndl Wrote:
(2014-06-05, 18:34)jocala Wrote:

I get the following error message when I try to run the above. I am using Win 8.1
Image Image

Jay

I also got this error message on Windows 7, and Vista.
(2014-06-05, 21:20)HenryFord33 Wrote:
(2014-06-05, 18:34)jocala Wrote: There's also adbFire. It's a companion program for Android XBMC, (Gotham only). It allows you to sideload XBMC (and other apps) without the hassle of downloading the Android SDK and other tools. Also push xml and other files to the various XBMC directories. Everything you need is built into adbFire.

Image Image

Jay

Thanks for the feedback. I'm testing using Win7 and not seeing this. I'll investigate.

Oops! There are a few extra files that need to be included in the app that I missed. I withdraw the download and will relaunch soon. Thanks again.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
EDIT: NM
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
@NEed Scott

wiki is missing a key line:
Gotham Final Release - Currently, only Libstagefright video acceleration is working. MediaCodec acceleration should be disabled.
Please add the above, without this 1080p is no go for Gotham 13.1rc1
Once this has been disabled all seems to work fine.

ATT: if u enable and disable this mediacodec few times ,make sure to exit xbmc to apply the changes (eventual do a force stop). as it did not work for me before doing this.
(2014-06-05, 23:41)nero12 Wrote: @NEed Scott

Gotham Final Release - Currently, only Libstagefright video acceleration is working. MediaCodec acceleration should be disabled.

ATT: if u enable and disable this mediacodec few times ,make sure to exit xbmc to apply the changes (eventual do a force stop). as it did not work for me before doing this.

Why don't you sign up for the wiki and do it?
According the earlier posts, mediacodec was fixed in one of the betas.
Regarding the subtitle not downloading to the movie folder shared over smb protocol:

Log file: http://pastebin.com/9S9NHNDC

The error looks to be here:
18:48:32 T:1690207288 WARNING: FileSmb::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - smb://JMS/***********.en.srt
18:48:32 T:1690207288 ERROR: static bool XFILE::CFile::Cache(const CStdString&, const CStdString&, XFILE::IFileCallback*, void*) - Failed write to file smb://JMS/**********.en.srt
18:48:32 T:1690207288 DEBUG: CSmbFile::Close closing fd 10001
(2014-06-05, 23:41)nero12 Wrote: @NEed Scott

Mediacodec is working fine for 1080p mkv/h.264. It may be different for individual encodes, so whether it should be enabled or disable is going to be different depending on that.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-06-05, 21:20)HenryFord33 Wrote:
(2014-06-05, 18:34)jocala Wrote: There's also adbFire. It's a companion program for Android XBMC, (Gotham only). It allows you to sideload XBMC (and other apps) without the hassle of downloading the Android SDK and other tools. Also push xml and other files to the various XBMC directories. Everything you need is built into adbFire.

Image Image

Jay

Also same on win 8 and 8.1 Update. I already had it installed and can adb in my sleep but thought I would check it out.
Any ideas if 13.1 resolves any issues with the Fire TV?

Also, does anyone have a copy of adbFire before Jay took it down? I want to try it out since I just got my FireTV today and would rather not have to install the Android SDK (I'm a Windows developer)
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
What is the recommendation on Hardware Acceleration? Should I enable MediaCodec or libstagefreight or both?
(2014-06-06, 04:52)underworld123 Wrote: What is the recommendation on Hardware Acceleration? Should I enable MediaCodec or libstagefreight or both?

What ever works best for you. I find MediaCodec only or MediaCodec + libstagefright work best for me, but it may be different depending on your encodes or the media types your are trying to play.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 207(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10