• 214(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
Hi.

Is anyone here using their Fire TV with an HDMI to DVI cable/adapter?
If so, are you able to get audio out through the optical audio out?

I've tried a couple of monitors (all lacking HDMI) using both an HDMI
to DVI adapter and an HDMI to DVI cable, and all combinations will not
allow audio out through the optical port. I've tried HDMI to a third monitor,
and audio will pass through the optical port, so it's only an issue using a
DVI display.

Note that this is probably more of a general Fire TV issue than being
specific to XBMC, as it even happens within the Fire OS UI, but I'm
not sure where else to ask.

Thanks.
Quick heads up for anybody that has a Fire TV and a Harmony Hub.

There was an update yesterday for the Harmony Hub that adds support for controlling the Fire TV.

I can't say how (or if) it works as being in the UK I don't have a Fire TV, but am planning to get one when(if) they do get released here.
(2014-06-10, 03:28)BDPNA Wrote:
(2014-06-09, 17:20)Apothis Wrote:
(2014-06-09, 17:02)BDPNA Wrote: For those of you using Live TV and wanting Deinterlace, what are you doing?

libstagefright on takes away the deinterlace option. Mediacodec lets it be turned on, and works, however if mediacodec should be turned off, there's no way to have both acceleration and deinterlace I guess?

So dont turn off mediacodec

If I leave both turned on, deinterlace option still stays off. The only way to get it to show is to ONLY have MediaCodec on which I understand is not accelerated. With both on, which does the FireTV use? Everywhere I read said to turn MediaCodec off.

THis has been explained multiple times. With Both enabled, only mediacodec is actually used. Does evefrywhere you've read saying to turn it off include the wiki? (It doesnt) because that should be your main source of info.
(2014-06-10, 10:35)Carcharius Wrote: Quick heads up for anybody that has a Fire TV and a Harmony Hub.

There was an update yesterday for the Harmony Hub that adds support for controlling the Fire TV.

I can't say how (or if) it works as being in the UK I don't have a Fire TV, but am planning to get one when(if) they do get released here.

Interesting, thanks. But being in the UK doesnt stop you having a FireTV, I'm in the UK and I have one Smile I dont however, have a harmony hub Smile
(2014-06-10, 11:05)Apothis Wrote:
(2014-06-10, 10:35)Carcharius Wrote: Quick heads up for anybody that has a Fire TV and a Harmony Hub.

Interesting, thanks. But being in the UK doesnt stop you having a FireTV, I'm in the UK and I have one Smile I dont however, have a harmony hub Smile

True, but mostly I'm interested in one for Netflix etc, I have a NUC for XBMC duties, and I can't be bothered jumping through hoops to get those apps working.

Happy to watch and wait for now Smile
(2014-06-10, 07:33)nickr Wrote:
(2014-06-10, 07:28)aelvi Wrote: This needs to be fixed

OK we'll get our A Team on it straight away. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please don't bother to post any logs, all the devs will go out and buy an FTV and try to get their machines to create the same error.

Please check back every hour or so.

LOL! Made my morning. Rep points for you!
(2014-06-09, 23:25)GTV17 Wrote:
(2014-06-09, 23:18)jocala Wrote:
(2014-06-09, 23:17)GTV17 Wrote: Is Gotham stable? When I previously used it, it crashed A LOT so I downgraded to SPMC- Does anybody know?

13.1 is very stable for me. No crashes.

Could you tell me your settings? Did you make any changes?

I don't use my own videos/movies so everything I do is streamed and the reason I would like Gotham again is because while it did crash a TON, it was pretty smooth otherwise & remote functionality is better.

So you are using add-ons and no local streaming? It is probably the add-ons crashing xbmc then and not gotham. I haven't had a single gotham crash but all I do is local playback.
I'm using the Fire Tv with XBMC installed in the UK but am having a problem setting the right time. There is no manual option in XBMC, only the master time in the Amazon menu. In those options there is unfortunately no uk time zone, or another manual way to set the time. This would not bother me ordinarily, but I can't get a particular video addon to work without my box having the right UK time. Anyone got any ideas if there is a way to get the correct time set?
(2014-06-10, 15:34)Colin15150 Wrote: I'm using the Fire Tv with XBMC installed in the UK but am having a problem setting the right time. There is no manual option in XBMC, only the master time in the Amazon menu. In those options there is unfortunately no uk time zone, or another manual way to set the time. This would not bother me ordinarily, but I can't get a particular video addon to work without my box having the right UK time. Anyone got any ideas if there is a way to get the correct time set?

Check out the very last line of the Wiki ... Under the Links section
(2014-06-10, 15:34)Colin15150 Wrote: I'm using the Fire Tv with XBMC installed in the UK but am having a problem setting the right time. There is no manual option in XBMC, only the master time in the Amazon menu. In those options there is unfortunately no uk time zone, or another manual way to set the time. This would not bother me ordinarily, but I can't get a particular video addon to work without my box having the right UK time. Anyone got any ideas if there is a way to get the correct time set?

You can use adbFire to install Timezone Changer
(2014-06-10, 16:31)DaSingh Wrote: You can use adbFire to install Timezone Changer

Or you can just use the normal adb commandline to install it.
(2014-06-10, 08:09)nickr Wrote:
(2014-06-10, 07:57)Pixel Eater Wrote: Would buying an Amazon Fire TV and loading up XBMC be the best way to listen to my PC's FLAC library in another room? There's no TV, so I would need to somehow be able to control what's playing from either my PC or Jailbroken iPhone. So, is a headless XBMC any good?
No you would be better to buy squeezebox.

You may be able to use Roomie Remote on your iOS device, I believe they now have some levels of feedback from xbmc devices. Does the xbmc remote show music track options and progress?
(2014-06-10, 16:31)DaSingh Wrote:

(2014-06-10, 18:10)Apothis Wrote:
(2014-06-10, 16:31)DaSingh Wrote: You can use adbFire to install Timezone Changer

Thanks a lot for the help. Managed to install Timezone changer and it fixed my problem!
Had to use the FTV side app installer program adbFire threw up an error.

Cheers,
Colin
(2014-06-10, 22:35)Colin15150 Wrote:
(2014-06-10, 16:31)DaSingh Wrote:

(2014-06-10, 18:10)Apothis Wrote:

Thanks a lot for the help. Managed to install Timezone changer and it fixed my problem!

Cheers,
Colin

Could you tell me the error? Thanks!
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
(2014-06-10, 23:32)jocala Wrote:
(2014-06-10, 22:35)Colin15150 Wrote:

(2014-06-10, 18:10)Apothis Wrote: Or you can just use the normal adb commandline to install it.

Cheers,
Colin

Could you tell me the error? Thanks!

I tried your updated app and I get an adb installation error when you try to start the server. Just haven't had a chance to email you yet.
  • 214(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10