• 227(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-06-19, 14:52)jocala Wrote:
(2014-06-19, 09:01)Snowball Wrote: I've two Amazon Fire TV.
I installed XBMC on them weeks ago.
Yesterday I rooted them both using AdbFire (sadly I cannot install apk using it, it gives me an error)

The first one seems to work fine. I was able to change the time too using Timezone_changer.apk

The other doens't work as good as the other. Dunno why.
So I would like to do everything again step by step since the beginning.
I mean rooting the machine, installing XBMC and other apk.

Is there a way to clean up the Amazon Fire TV, without bricking it?
http://www.firetvnews.com/top-ways-to-br...r-fire-tv/

Thanks!

What was the error you got with adbFire?

"INSTALL FAILED"
And yes, I've "ADB RUNNING" and "DEVICE CONNECTED"
(2014-06-20, 08:19)Snowball Wrote:
Yesterday I rooted them both using AdbFire (sadly I cannot install apk using it, it gives me an error)

The first one seems to work fine. I was able to change the time too using Timezone_changer.apk

Thanks!

"INSTALL FAILED"

n/m I didnt see you had rooted it.
A few question concerning .apk files and stuff

1. What does "sideload" mean? To move a .apk file to Amazon TV in order to launch it?

2. I've sideloaded and installed a few .apk. For example a game (Radient) and the Fpse Emulator (Playstation). The first one, the game, when I launch it the application immediately stops and go back to the APP menu of Amazon TV. The other one, the emulator, when I load a game it does the same and go back to APP menu. Why? Incompability of these .apk?

3. Using ES File Explorer I tried to install some .apk files. The error message says something like "you don't have the right to install not trusted app". Is there a way to avoid this?

4. Is there a way to use Amazon TV to directly download .apk on Amazon TV (I'm out of the States so I've to find a different way)

5. Looking at this video I see it is possible to use PS3's DualShock on Amazon TV. I think it is the same procedure of pairing it to a Android Device but I can't do it.

Thanks so much!
(2014-06-20, 08:32)Snowball Wrote: A few question concerning .apk files and stuff

1. What does "sideload" mean? To move a .apk file to Amazon TV in order to launch it?

2. I've sideloaded and installed a few .apk. For example a game (Radient) and the Fpse Emulator (Playstation). The first one, the game, when I launch it the application immediately stops and go back to the APP menu of Amazon TV. The other one, the emulator, when I load a game it does the same and go back to APP menu. Why? Incompability of these .apk?

3. Using ES File Explorer I tried to install some .apk files. The error message says something like "you don't have the right to install not trusted app". Is there a way to avoid this?

4. Is there a way to use Amazon TV to directly download .apk on Amazon TV (I'm out of the States so I've to find a different way)

5. Looking at this video I see it is possible to use PS3's DualShock on Amazon TV. I think it is the same procedure of pairing it to a Android Device but I can't do it.

Thanks so much!
All these questions have nothing to do with XBMC, except that XBMC must be sideloaded. Please go ask wherever FTV is supported in a more general way.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-06-20, 09:31)nickr Wrote: All these questions have nothing to do with XBMC, except that XBMC must be sideloaded. Please go ask wherever FTV is supported in a more general way.

Ops. you're right.
Sorry.
Dear experts,

I have a problem sharing my Music library from Ubuntu 64 bit to XBMC (Gotham 13.1) installed on AFTV via NFS.

My /etc/exports contains this line only:
Code:
/home/ron/Music  *(rw,insecure)

And i verified that sharing is on:
Code:
ron@r:~$ showmount -e 192.168.2.102
Export list for 192.168.2.102:
/home/ron/Music *

Now on XBMC i can see all files inside my Music folder but when trying to play a one of them, nothing happens.
In addition i can't browse any sub folders in my Music folder.

Log file can be found here.

1st Error in log file:
Code:
01:42:13 T:1552507888   ERROR: Unable to resolve exports from dll libcec.so
01:42:13 T:1552507888   ERROR: virtual void PERIPHERALS::CPeripherals::Initialise() - failed to initialise bus cec

Access Error to NFS:
Code:
01:42:20 T:1571031840    INFO: CNFSFile::Open: Unable to open file : 'home/ron/Music/01.Quelqu'un M'a Dit.mp3'  error : 'open call failed with "NFS: ACCESS denied. Required access r--. Allowed access ---"'

Playing it for a long time, couldn't find what the issue is and why i can't access the Music library although i've set a Read permission for it.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Flag, just ordered mine from ebay for delivery in France, expected next week Smile
I installed XBMC on my Amazon fire TV and I am unable to use the remote - I tried adding sources but I can't use the remote, the cursor does not move

I read that I had to - enable Remote Control Sends Keyboard Presses under XBMC----> Settings----> System-----> Input Devices

BUT I don't have Input Devices under System - Please advise what I am missing.

I appreciate any help - Thank you
I think you should enable advanced menu to see this settings. You can do that by going to the left side and changing from basic to advanced. Many settings are hidden by default.
(2014-06-20, 08:19)Snowball Wrote:

Thanks!

"INSTALL FAILED"

Thanks for the feedback. I discovered a Windows permission error on some systems. I think it's fixed, if you don't mind please download and try again.

http://jocala.com/adbfire.html
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
(2014-06-18, 21:26)hdmkv Wrote: Thanks. Got it using ADB shell commands via Windows CMD prompt...
adb ls /sdcard/.imagecache/com.amazon.venezia/com.adrise.profilms/B00IPRAZB4/ (Classic TV app)

thumbnail_43127692f3ed9671e079492a40a450bbd51543bd84d74bba24baf55fe7e06afa.png

preview_84a70e233a1a6d1ac0d93d2e9f1f2de0e7c2d64d289f1e6f17434fe4c3752717.png

You mention using adb shell commands. New to Android and want to know if I am actually using the shell command properly or at all. Below shows the steps in which I took that ended in failure to get the XBMC preview icon option. How did you successfully do it?

Put s space after png

A space

BTW i still see classic tv after doing it this way. I also check the imagecache folder and both png's are there so not sure whats the deal but either way im happy with it till something else pops up. I might give firetv launcher a try
Post Deleted
(2014-06-20, 19:57)esso1980 Wrote: Put s space after png

A space

BTW i still see classic tv after doing it this way. I also check the imagecache folder and both png's are there so not sure whats the deal but either way im happy with it till something else pops up. I might give firetv launcher a try

Are you naming the image you're copying the same as the classic tv image?
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-06-20, 20:41)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2014-06-20, 19:57)esso1980 Wrote: Put s space after png

A space

Are you naming the image you're copying the same as the classic tv image?

I added the space and this now what I am getting as seen below. I am naming it exactly to what it is in sdcard imagecache.

• 227(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10