• 229(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-06-21, 10:38)Ned Scott Wrote: HDHomeRun buffering over UPnP/DLNA seems to be a bug. I keep forgetting to fill out a bug report about it, as I've been seeing it too. Buffering doesn't work with those streams, so XBMC just gets all jumbled up.

Thanks for the reply. A fix for this bug would be really useful. I am new and googled about filling out a proper bug report. Might it be better if someone with more experience, started the process?

Would rather use the UPnP/DLNA option on fire tv and OS X since the the LiveTV option requires a backend and Gotham 13.x LiveTV seems to cause crashes with channel changing on my fire tv.
(2014-06-21, 07:23)JPDeckers Wrote:
(2014-06-21, 04:44)Natedawg87 Wrote: Just so I am on the same page because I may be a bit confused myself, where does the preview vs the thumbnail show? I have the xbmc icon on the homescreen under Recent. I believe this is the preview judging by its size. When I scroll down to My Apps, the icon shows the Classic TV one. I'm not sure if this was supposed to change though. If these are both the preview (larger) images, where does the thumbnail one come into play?

The icons will only show under Recent apps, that's about the only thing local on the FTV. The My Apps etc. are all loaded through the internet from Amazon, hence will show the 'correct' icons.

The small icon shows when you scroll through the left sided menu bar to Recent, when you go in the Recent apps section, the larger icons shows.
Great then. It looks like the correct ones changed for me.

(2014-06-21, 08:38)Tinwarble Wrote: OK, so if you want to change the icon used for "Apps/Your App Library" the image is located in:

>/data/data/com.amazon.venezia/cache/.dl/

You'll need to copy the file name and use it for the replacement image.

After you change that image, you may have to to back and change the "preview" image again.
Interesting. To me, cache sounds like something that is temporary. I wonder if these icons are ever refreshed.
So I live in the UK but I am going to the USA next week, I plan to get a FireTV when I am over there and I want to root it.

I understand that on first boot the FireTV will require an update to work so if Amazon release their update before I get a chance to set it up I will loose access to root if they have patched the exploit, correct?
Or is it possible to have it update to the previous exploitable firmware, root and block further updates?

I know even without root I can still install XBMC but I like the USB drive support and home screen XBMC launcher app that root can bring.

Thanks
Craig
i believe just having it plugged into a router with no internet access is sufficient to get it booted the first time.. not 100% sure on that tho
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
For those using MBC on Demand as the sacrificial app, here are the commands (assuming both files are in the same directory):
Code:
adb push thumbnail_eb6afd40a4ce3e1b61b376025b082aa7d486b60f8c2ca4c99910083d6dfdf820.png /sdcard/.imagecache/com.amazon.venezia/com.adrise.mbc/b00ipp8ins
adb push preview_1264dc7ed91eedaf19cfa1dbf8f89f8a4ee8dbb15281bc05b9255cd851d7abe9.png /sdcard/.imagecache/com.amazon.venezia/com.adrise.mbc/b00ipp8ins
I created a slightly modified package of XBMC 13.1 for the Fire TV that I've been using as the main launcher. I thought I'd share it with anyone interested.

XDA Thread
(2014-06-21, 08:38)Tinwarble Wrote: OK, so if you want to change the icon used for "Apps/Your App Library" the image is located in:

>/data/data/com.amazon.venezia/cache/.dl/

You'll need to copy the file name and use it for the replacement image.

After you change that image, you may have to to back and change the "preview" image again.

I am having trouble locating ">/data/data/com.amazon.venezia/cache/.dl/" in ES File Explorer to change the image. Guidance would be appreciated.
i tried going to data folder..it tells me its empty...i have show hidden files option checked already

thanks
So I went through the process of rooting, installing xbmc, installing llama only to find out that I am unable to play any videos in XBMC or install any add ons. I installed the official Gotham 13.0 release from the XBMC Firetv wiki. When I try to select a video, it makes the noise you get when selecting but nothing happens. When I try to install an add-on, it starts downloading at 0% and then stops downloading immediately. I was trying to look for a log file in /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/ but it's empty. I don't see any settings/files in there.

I performed a factory reset and this time only installed XBMC but am still getting the same behavior. Could this be a permissions problem? It also doesn't generate thumbnails for everything, only some. Any suggestions?
(2014-06-21, 14:43)Natedawg87 Wrote: Interesting. To me, cache sounds like something that is temporary. I wonder if these icons are ever refreshed.

No, not on Android, "cache" folder it what is used for almost all apps.

(2014-06-21, 18:51)mjbxx Wrote: I am having trouble locating ">/data/data/com.amazon.venezia/cache/.dl/" in ES File Explorer to change the image. Guidance would be appreciated.

(2014-06-21, 20:10)segma98 Wrote: i tried going to data folder..it tells me its empty...i have show hidden files option checked already

thanks

Are you both rooted? You have to be rooted before you can access the contents of /data.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-06-21, 20:32)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2014-06-21, 14:43)Natedawg87 Wrote: Interesting. To me, cache sounds like something that is temporary. I wonder if these icons are ever refreshed.

No, not on Android, "cache" folder it what is used for almost all apps.

(2014-06-21, 18:51)mjbxx Wrote: I am having trouble locating ">/data/data/com.amazon.venezia/cache/.dl/" in ES File Explorer to change the image. Guidance would be appreciated.

(2014-06-21, 20:10)segma98 Wrote: i tried going to data folder..it tells me its empty...i have show hidden files option checked already

thanks

Are you both rooted? You have to be rooted before you can access the contents of /data.

I am rooted. Just need to know where to look for the image.
[/quote]

[/quote]

rooted.thanks allot
It is starting from the root directory, not starting from sdcard.
In the location that I have already stated in /data/data/........../.dl

This is where all the app icon images reside. You have to look for the specific one you are trying to change.

Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I copied the .dl directory to my computer with ES. It looks like there is
one image of size 750x366 called http%3A%2F%2Fecx.images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F41CwohT2wJL._FMpng_SY752_FMPNG_SX750_SY480_.png (looks like this is the splash screen)

one image of size 366x366 called http%3A%2F%2Fecx.images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F51b7cD7hLCL._FMpng_SL366_FMPNG_SX750_SY480_.png (this looks like the one that shows up in My Apps)
  • 229(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10