• 240(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-07-01, 05:15)segma98 Wrote: any screen shots? thanks

I do not have any screenshots at this time. But the Wiki, http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Amazon_Fire_TV, is your ultimate friend, as seen below within the Amber skin. Keep in mind that you can totally customize the background image for each app. Example: I have the Netflix logo set as the background instead of what appears below.

slightly misleading as that isnt a launcher its just a custom built xbmc that auto starts.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2014-07-01, 06:11)dukester Wrote: slightly misleading as that isnt a launcher its just a custom built xbmc that auto starts.

4. Sideload XBMC Launcher (a secondary Launcher app that will launch XBMC) or XBMC for Fire TV (a modified build of XBMC 13.1 with Launcher functionality already built in, as well as some other tweaks)

Semantics aside, I may very well be missing something here and not in the habit of misleading anyone. But a launcher is a launcher. Is it not?
Hello all!!

Brand new happy Fire TV owner, used adbFire to install XBMC without a hitch and playback seems great minus one problem.

The volume is incredibly LOW! Usually turning the volume on my system up to even half way is enough to produce insane volume. With the Amazon Fire TV though I'm at 3/4th volume and it still sounds muffled or low.

What could the problem be?

Thanks in advance for any help!!
(2014-07-01, 04:23)Swaggarwal Wrote: I have a large WD MyBook external USB storage drive. I want to be able to share the files on this drive to all other XBMC clients and laptops in the house. From what I've read, a Raspberry Pi would be able to handle this. I was wondering if the Amazon Fire TV has been sufficiently hacked as of yet to allow this. I will also be running XBMC on the Fire TV.

I have a Firetv sharing media from a Windows 7 machine. It works just fine, no hacks or root needed. XBMC can talk to SMB shares. On a raspberry pi you will just need to run Samba to share the files.
(2014-07-01, 08:42)locust Wrote: Hello all!!

Brand new happy Fire TV owner, used adbFire to install XBMC without a hitch and playback seems great minus one problem.

The volume is incredibly LOW! Usually turning the volume on my system up to even half way is enough to produce insane volume. With the Amazon Fire TV though I'm at 3/4th volume and it still sounds muffled or low.

All sorts of potential problems, but is XBMC's volume turned up?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-07-01, 10:56)nickr Wrote:
(2014-07-01, 08:42)locust Wrote: Hello all!!

All sorts of potential problems, but is XBMC's volume turned up?

Turn volume up in xbmc video settings while playing a video and apply as default settings should do it...
(2014-07-01, 04:27)mjbxx Wrote:
(2014-07-01, 03:37)dukester Wrote: on another note, from experience FiredTV works great as an alternate launcher with the same fix for the home button as exposed but you dont need root or anything but his APK. super easy and family friendly.

FiredTV is a great alternative to KFTV launcher. But it does not have the UI eye candy and functionality that XBMC affords with the Amber skin that I use. The FiredTV UI basically gives a standard Android app listing phone look. It was a great alternative for me initially but the [LAUNCHER] XBMC for Fire TV (Root), http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2790392, is miles better and I do not plan on looking back.

+1 for [LAUNCHER] XBMC for Fire TV (Root)

Set it up yesterday following the instructions in the wiki and am very impressed with it. Having XBMC as the default for my Fire TV but still having access to the KFTV launcher when we want to load Amazon Prime is awesome. My wife (who usually doesn't care about this type of stuff) just told me this is the best thing I've ever set up for us. Now we have an easy way of getting our kids's movies up quickly in our bedroom. I'm still setting up the rest of my XBMC goodies but the basics are done. Unfortunately I wanted to set it up this time with NFS from my server but I guess Flexraid (which I use) doesn't support it so I'll have to stick with SMB.

Another benefit of this setup is that the launcher allows the Fire TV to go to sleep while in XBMC.
(2014-06-28, 23:38)derrickrozay Wrote: Hi can somebody tell me how to map long press when I hold down the select button...I just need to know the command to type into the keyboard.xml file I know how to do everything else

anyone?
thinking of ordering this from US amazon site. how does xbmc compare with other devices on the market.
Has anyone ordered this from the US?
(2014-07-01, 21:55)yaqh Wrote: thinking of ordering this from US amazon site. how does xbmc compare with other devices on the market.
Has anyone ordered this from the US?

I picked up my FireTV from BestBuy as it is $99 no matter where you buy it from and I did not want to wait for shipping.

I have been running XBMC since the early days and have ran it on various hardware such as Xbox's, PC's, Mac's and AppleTV's. The FireTV is hands down the best XBMC hardware for a reasonable price. I have only recently gotten my FireTV, about a week ago, but have made some major strides with it. This is my first Android device so I did not have any familiarity and am learning it all for the first time. I have been able to replace the FireTV startup with XBMC as many people have been discussing. More importantly I was able to directly connect a USB HD and load files off that, something the AppleTV is unable to do. I just started working on having the FireTV run it's own MySQL server for a centralized XBMC database.

My dream setup with the FireTV should be possible and will look something like this. One main FireTV on the living room TV which acts as the MySQL server and SMB server to share all the data stored on a USB HD (I do have a NAS but want to see what is possible without it). Then other FireTVs in the house will be connected to any other TVs and they will play the videos and access the MySQL database from the living room FireTV.

Being able to create a whole house XBMC network for a few hundred is very attractive and I do not think any other devices come close to the quality and power of the FireTV as it stands.
(2014-07-01, 01:00)mjbxx Wrote: Giving a shout to elmerohueso and his [LAUNCHER] XBMC for Fire TV (Root), http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2790392. This launcher brings everything to XBMC as the home screen, including access to Amazon content. It is way more intuitive and convenient than the Fire TV launcher. No more having to basically view Amazon only content on the home screen. Priceless!

When you say "this launcher brings everything to XBMC as the home screen, including access to Amazon content", does this mean you can run Amazon content like any other app through XBMC? Or does just bring you back to the Amazon home screen like the KFTV launcher does?
(2014-07-02, 02:20)borrachonn Wrote: When you say "this launcher brings everything to XBMC as the home screen, including access to Amazon content", does this mean you can run Amazon content like any other app through XBMC? Or does just bring you back to the Amazon home screen like the KFTV launcher does?

Yes to your first question and no to the second. From the XBMC home screen you select Amazon and it actually launches the KFTV launcher to enter Amazon. Hitting the home button while in Amazon brings you directly back to the XBMC home screen. The image posted above in Post: #3587 shows you exactly what the XBMC home page looks like within the Amber skin that includes Amazon on the list to the left.
Volume adjustment won't work for me. Even if I press the volume down all the way till the slider is at zero, the sound stays at the same level whether 0% or 100%

What do I do?

Thanks guys
The volume down/up isn't working through XBMC as a whole it appears. Even when I'm in the menus I can use the - key to reduce volume all the way until the red mute icon appears, yet the GUI clicks and all media still plays at 100% volume

Usually I'd be the first to admit it's probably user error on my part, but I'm really not sure what I did wrong
  • 240(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10