• 243(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-07-03, 23:43)Packetcrypt Wrote: Just hooked it up again and it seems the reboot did correct the timing and skip function issues I was having. Question is how long will it run before those issues reappear before I need to reboot again. Not a huge issue if it is only 1 time a day or less but if this will have to be done multiple times a day I would rather just stick with a unit that I have no problems with at all.

Thanks for the advice !

No real way to know, as it's unpredictable. I run XBMC on my AFTV probably more than most and sometimes it may happen more than once a day, then other times it may go days without ever having a problem.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-07-03, 23:59)LRa Wrote:
(2014-07-03, 23:43)Packetcrypt Wrote:
(2014-07-03, 23:37)LRa Wrote: Been using Xbmc for more than 10 years. Never ever have I used the FF/RW functions. Why use them when you can use the skip buttons(4 arrows)?

Sorry.. the skip function is what I was referring to. Most units go 30 seconds with the right arrow and 10 minutes with the top arrow. This was not working well at all on the Amazon Tv when I tried.

It should be working fine. What's seems to be the problem?

Yeah, the skip function issue was related to the 0:00 timer issue. reboot sorted them both out. I think I read that playing certain MKV files is what is causing the 0:00 issue. So depending what you watch this could happen many times a day or not very often at all depending on what you watch.
are you guys holding down the skip button? you might just try pressing and releasing the button for each skip you want to do.
(2014-07-04, 00:18)Packetcrypt Wrote: I think I read that playing certain MKV files is what is causing the 0:00 issue. So depending what you watch this could happen many times a day or not very often at all depending on what you watch.

Doesn't have anything to do with any specific MKV's. It will happen with nearly mkv that I've played, but like I said it's unpredictable as to when it will happen. I've tried to force it to happen, but even when I can force it to happen I can't always duplicate it. If I had to take a guess it may be related to a memory leak issue.

(2014-07-04, 00:37)sams0n Wrote: are you guys holding down the skip button? you might just try pressing and releasing the button for each skip you want to do.

That has nothing to do with it.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Speaking of MKV's, some MKV's don't play right for me, I hear audio in the background but no video is playing.

Any ideas?
Any ideas?

Any ideas?

debug log (wiki)

EDIT to add http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I think i read somewhere the 00:00 issue usually happens when you skip forward a video when it is loading. It happen with me just 2 times before i read that. So now i just wait the video to start playing before i skip forward and it never happen again.
(2014-07-04, 10:08)nickr Wrote: Any ideas?

Any ideas?

debug log (wiki)

Ever heard about common problems?
(2014-07-04, 12:07)LRa Wrote:
(2014-07-04, 10:08)nickr Wrote: Any ideas?

Any ideas?

debug log (wiki)

Ever heard about common problems?
Even if it's a common problem, the magic crystal balls can't tell us if that's the problem you actually are having or if it's something else entirely, so.... debug log
Has there been talk about a build specifically for the Amazon FireTV?

Also, I'm still having issues with integrations between XBMC and PlayOn with FireTV. The issue has been HD when PlayOn must transcode. Is anyone else having this issue? I've downloaded and tried the newer nightly builds, but HD has only worked a couple of times.
(2014-07-03, 21:59)Packetcrypt Wrote: I was a huge Amazon Tv fan for the first day I ran it. The thing is so smooth going through menu's and navigating. Hd video was playing great. I thought I had found a winner. Then after the initial testing phase I actually started watching some stuff on it and realized the FF/RW functions are absolutely horrible..I never realized how important these functions were until I had a unit that didn't do it properly. Not only that the timer function for playing videos would stay at 0 and never progress much of the time. I boxed my unit up and went back to my MK888B Quad which is about the same price and all functionality works.

So.. I am checking in to see if anyone can tell me if the FF/RW and Video Timer issues have been fixed on the Amazon TV as it may be time to give it another shot.

Have you disabled mediacodec under hardware acceleration? That fixed the issue for me.
(2014-07-03, 21:59)Packetcrypt Wrote: I was a huge Amazon Tv fan for the first day I ran it. The thing is so smooth going through menu's and navigating. Hd video was playing great. I thought I had found a winner. Then after the initial testing phase I actually started watching some stuff on it and realized the FF/RW functions are absolutely horrible..I never realized how important these functions were until I had a unit that didn't do it properly. Not only that the timer function for playing videos would stay at 0 and never progress much of the time. I boxed my unit up and went back to my MK888B Quad which is about the same price and all functionality works.

So.. I am checking in to see if anyone can tell me if the FF/RW and Video Timer issues have been fixed on the Amazon TV as it may be time to give it another shot.

which MK888B box have you got,can you provide a link.
I have an OTA antenna.
I am thinking of using the Amazon Fire TV to record OTA programs to a USB hard disk by XBMC and watch internet video by Wifi through a N900 wireless router.
Will Amazon Fire TV work fast enough with a OTA USB tuner, N900 wireless router and XBMC?
Xbmc does not record TV.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-07-05, 00:54)nickr Wrote: Xbmc does not record TV.

Ummmmm........Now I've never had a need to use it, but isn't that what the PVR does.

Quote: The PVR backend is a process/application that performs the task of tuning, streaming and recording over-the-air and cable television and radio programming.

(2014-07-04, 06:36)LRa Wrote: Speaking of MKV's, some MKV's don't play right for me, I hear audio in the background but no video is playing.

Any ideas?

You also have to keep in mind that MKV is just a container.

What codec is it? H.264, VC-1, etc.? Is it compressed or 1:1?
  • 243(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10