Transifex wont pickup new translations from github
I might be wrong but i think that something does not work as it should.

xbmc backup addon did receive some new translations to its repository. Today the addon strings were updated on tranifex but no new strings were imported.

Take for example string 30084 - it is translate in the master branch as well the gotham-dev but is still shows up as untranslated. Is that how is suppose to work?
Hi !

French and German was given as upstream languages so Bulgarian was not updating.
https://github.com/xbmc/translations/blo...te.xml#L69

I'll change that for next time. Of course the best would be if you could do all translation work at Transifex.

Cheers, Attila
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I can, i do but whats the point of translating on translating on transifex (if at all there is something to translate) if it takes more then amonth till the changes reach the end user? I was expecting updates but after few months i decided to submit directly to the repository.

Addons and skins do not fallow XBMC release schedule (most of them). Isnt it possible to sync addons and skins projects more frequently?

And one more thing - is it possible for the three official XBMC translation projects to share one common glossary?
So what's the point of complaining then. If addon doesn't update they won't get them either and we don't want weekly updates just because one extra string got translated. They already sync way more often.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
The point for this post is because for months i was expecting the addon from the official xbmc repo to be updated for a few months (that is for sure).

Month - because i do know whats the time interval used to update skins and addons projects but to me it looks like a very long period. It should be shorter but not a week.

And it may not be a one single string. There might be even no new strings - but what if the translation is rewritten (from the translators)?
Waiting addons rewrites? - no it doesnt look right.
Transifex pulls changes from the dev in and should push to them changes from translators. Do not favor any of them please! How would you feel if your working (bug free code, ready for use) i laying aside for months?
It's up to the addon devs to pull down updated string translations and not us. It's to much work for us and we won't starts doing that. We only do for our core addons.
Also if they give one main language and then update another is again not our problem.
This is simply how it works and we do not start guessing what they want or need. So don't blame us (and yes that's how you appear it to be)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Indeed some of them tend to forget. All i wanted was more frequent updates to transifex - it will allow me to blame for everything the individual devs Smile
@Martijn. Probably a way coul be a tool to give to developers to be able to force transifex update for ONLY one addon.
So
- I dev my addon.
- add some strings
- push to github
- push to transifex
- wait for translations
- when translations are ready i 'pull' from transifex ONLY my addon
- i push to github
- i request a git pull on mailing list.

No transifex webiste stressed, and no developer ... bored to wait.

I've the same problem, but I've already told you so I'm not here for this. I'm here to launch an idea to a better workflow.
Leave to developers the problem to keep languages updated.

If transifex has API, probably we (all of us developer) could help you (xbmc team) to develop some new tools.
I'm the first to offer my help to you, for the benfit of all developers, and so for the benefit of end user community.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transifex wont pickup new translations from github0