Best OS and hardware to make Airplay works
I love XBMC, but I need an Airplay that work 100% of the times!

I've tried XBMC under Win7 and Win 8.1, iTunes or Bonjour installed. Airplay is really flaky and does not work most of the times with my iPad, iPhone or girlfriend iPhone. We are using iOS7+.

Now, I am willing to build the perfect environnement for Airplay to work perfectly fine. However, I am considering a computer build before and Apple TV, Ouya or another device.

- What XBMC version do I need ?
- What OS do I need ?
- What apple service do I ?
- What hardware may I need ?
Anyone having success with Airplay at some point with specific hardware / Os combination ?
100% success with atv2 from apple ... 100% success will Never be reached with xbmc...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
And what about XBMC on OSX Mavericks? Is it more reliable?
mavericks sucks
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
But, but, but, but - it's newest and greatest and the drop of feature x,y,z was a great feature ....
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Tried Mavericks yesterday. Mavericks is nice. Mavericks + XBMC = freezes as he**l.
then xbmc sucks...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best OS and hardware to make Airplay works0