KITKAT optimized intel builds (NUC)
http://liliputing.com/2014/04/intel-opti...chips.html

Does this make the NUC an option for a solid Android box?
this look interesting!
delete please.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2014-04-04, 03:19)BigB42078 Wrote: http://liliputing.com/2014/04/intel-opti...chips.html

Does this make the NUC an option for a solid Android box?

This looks interesting, but I'm wondering what one would hope to accomplish by running Android on an NUC or other similar PC device. Except for certain games or apps, wouldn't you be able to do most things (if not everything) available on Android within a full Linux or Windows environment?
Remote control friendly (potentially) versions of Netflix, LoveFilm, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Comedy Central, etc.
(2014-04-04, 11:34)Ned Scott Wrote: Remote control friendly (potentially) versions of Netflix, LoveFilm, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Comedy Central, etc.

Excellent point. I'm sure I'm missing something that's outside the box, but I also feel like you could easily just use the PC itself to watch all of those content sources. Wouldn't it be easier? I'm sure in the case of the NUC, one would just access the content on the NUC itself, but if you have an older PC around and have another HTPC, maybe it might be useful for those remote control functions.
On a PC not really no, it's awkward to use compared to a remote unless you're willing to put up with a keyboard and mouse.

The modern (formerly metro) app system of windows comes close but Microsoft do not allow the use of the xbox gamepad with those to navigate the app UI (though there are some hacks), official support is probably something off in the future.
I was thinking if this becomes a stable version of Android. It could become a good setup for dual booting. I have a htpc that works really well, use WMC to watch live tv and XBMC for local and addons content. But it's lacking in being able to stream premium content like Vudu and Hulu Plus. Streams Netflix through WMC, but I don't really like the interface. Plus I doubt anyone will update it when MS Silverlight support ends. I wish there was a Android equivalent to WMC with free guide, PVR, and the ability to watch copy once content. So if your listening Google add PVR software with HDHomerun support to your Android TV branch, if it ever gets here.
(2014-04-04, 20:28)BigB42078 Wrote: I was thinking if this becomes a stable version of Android. It could become a good setup for dual booting. I have a htpc that works really well, use WMC to watch live tv and XBMC for local and addons content. But it's lacking in being able to stream premium content like Vudu and Hulu Plus. Streams Netflix through WMC, but I don't really like the interface. Plus I doubt anyone will update it when MS Silverlight support ends. I wish there was a Android equivalent to WMC with free guide, PVR, and the ability to watch copy once content. So if your listening Google add PVR software with HDHomerun support to your Android TV branch, if it ever gets here.

If you're wanting a decent Netflix app to use with Windows, you might look at Windows 8. The only major problem is that it doesn't include Windows Media Center. I think you'd have to pay like $10 for it or whatever they're charging for it, but the Metro UI Netflix app is quite usable with a remote on Windows 8.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KITKAT optimized intel builds (NUC)0