issue playing 3D movies in SBS mode
Sad 
I'm really thrilled with the support for 3D in gotham - however... Can't quite get it to work well.
When I play an SBS movie I get the menu asking how to play it.
If I choose "preferred mode (none)" the movie plays well, I switch the tv to 3D, but then the interface is not 3D
If I choose "same as movie (side by side)", the interface is 3D (great) BUT the movie gets screwed up = the left hand frame of the SBS plays fine, but the right hand frame looks like a smear of pixels. Naturally, when I switch to 3D on the tv things don't work since it is combining one good frame (left) with a smear frame (right).

Hope the description makes sense - see the image below. Would really like to solve this.

BTW - I am running on windows 8.1 on an i5 PC using the intel onboard graphics.
I did a TON of messing around and found the naming scheme is very specific. Like Gravity (2013).3d.hsbs.mkv or whatever.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
I doubt that naming has anything to do with this...
While naming tells XBMC whether it is dealing with 3D content to suggest playback options - it's doesn't tell it how to decode / render the content.

The video content plays well in gotham "normal" mode. Playing it in gotham SBS mode should not even touch the video just the UI.

Not sure what is causing this. Seems like some kind of rendering issue related to the interaction of the UI and the video.
I had the same problem here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1607693

I think it has something to do with video acceleration. Try to change the settings for that.
You might need to set the preferred mode to SBS in the Video setting menu.

By default the 3D settings are hidden you will need to enable "advanced mode" for the menu to reveal the 3D settings.

To enable the advanced settings go to "System" -> "Video Settings" click "Left" direction button can click advanced to change to advanced view.
there should now be several more settings available in the "Video Settings" section. One of which is the Default 3D mode which is non by default, set this to SBS or whatever you plan to use most, and see if that helps resolve your issue.
Naming DOES have an impact on whether or not XBMC triggers 3D. For me personally, I have to be very specific with the movie, year, 3d, and mode. Like Gravity (2009).3d.hsbs.mkv
or if you ripped top and bottom Gravity (2009).3d.htab.mkv. I had the same problem as the OP until I started naming my files correctly. Use the Default 3D mode option, that way XBMC will detect it and you don't have to answer every time you play a movie or have it not work if your movie happened to use the other method. Trust me, name it movie (year).3d.hsbs.mkv (or whavetever video format) and try it.
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
solved!
I just installed Gotham Beta 4 - same issue with 3D smearing .

Then tried the following : settings > video > acceleration
Disabled "enable hardware acceleration " and presto - all works fine.

Bottom line - some problem with xda2 acceleration

Solved !
Odd. Had you already set XMBC to display in a true full screen and not a full screen window?
Have always used XBMC in full screen mode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
issue playing 3D movies in SBS mode0