Bug Audio glitch on pause when bitstreaming DTS/DD over S/PDIF
Are you really sure you need that with gigabit ethernet? and a readbufferfactor of 4.0?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch–An Ethernet connection isn't being used for the storage actually, and even with locally-attached eSATA (which is the case here) a buffer is still needed. Whether it has to be 200-400Mbyte is another matter, but I did experiment with a couple of settings until I settled on the (yes, high) amount that I now use–espceally since xbmc does not consume noticeably more resources when this is increased. So my philosophy is to leave it as high as the system would allow.

The readbufferfactor was also increased from the default, since it appeared to restrict the actual cache setting.

But this is diverting a bit from the main topic of the thread... Smile
(2014-05-27, 11:09)Drag0nFly Wrote: @KidKiwi, then 100Mb should be plenty for your usage. Remember to set <buffermode>1</buffermode> as well to actiavte the cache.
I also use a readbufferfactor of 20.0 (which is a multiple of the average bitrate of your stream, in the case of a DVD it should be around 4-5Mbit/s at the most)

I'll have to read up on this and have a play, Seems that perhaps there is some trial and error involved Big Grin. I sure don't like to see the buffering thingee. With Frodo it was very rare - Eden was non-existent and now Gotham is doing it a lot (strange it never did it when I first started using it and nothing has changed??) Now I'm getting image freezes for several seconds when it's bad.

Would it be correct to assume some movies would be worse than others?? I've had it while watching one movie, but not the next??
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio glitch on pause when bitstreaming DTS/DD over S/PDIF0