Clear Artwork Paths in MySQL
I've been searching for this all morning, and can't find anything that helps. Here's what I have:

1 HTPC running Windows 7 and XBMC
1 Raspberry Pi running RaspBMC
1 NAS hosting music and movies
1 NAS hosting TV shows
Shared SQL database

I have most everything working, except I'm having problems with artwork. It looks like that when I exported the existing local database (multiple files) and imported it to SQL, all of the paths for my artwork show as paths on one of my NAS boxes (like smb://NAS1_IP/Videos/Movies/MOVIE_NAME-fanart.jpg).

All I want to do is clear all of these entries from SQL (whilst keeping my watched status, if possible), and force XBMC to reach out to the web, grab artwork, and enter web URLs in the database for the locations. Is there any easy way to achieve this? Or am I better off wiping my database and starting over?
XBMC will still cache the artwork locally on each XBMC instance, so unless you really just don't want images on your NAS drive, it won't make a difference. It's actually safer this way since images are sometimes removed or the URL changes on the scraper site, making the scraper URL useless.

Otherwise, you need to nuke the images on the NAS, go back to your original XBMC library, re-export as individual files, but say no to exporting artwork.
Now I see what I was missing. I exported the artwork when I set up SQL. It's more of a preference to not store the images on my NAS, as it just makes everything too cluttered for my taste (all of the extra jpgs sitting with all of my movies and TV shows bothers me). I also had any new shows/movies using the URL anyway, so it wasn't clean. I'll give this a try. I knew I was missing something basic. Thanks.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I've broken down and exported images on my library, but it's very cluttered because of it. I had a bunch of items where I had specifically selected artwork, and sometimes not from the scraper site, so I figured it was the lesser evil. Hopefully cleaner solutions will show up in the future, because even just the NFO files feels cluttered to me.
To me it feels organised to have my prefered pictures saved together with the video.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clear Artwork Paths in MySQL0