Solved DTS-MA Passthrough Issue
Hey guys,

I recently went out and bought a new sound system for my HTPC. I bought the Denon AVR-X2000 (which supports DTS-MA) and the ASUS Radeon HD 6450 GPU for my PC (which supports DTS-MA passthrough)... However, for whatever reason XBMC refuses to pass the DTS-MA audio through to my receiver (when I un-check DTS-MA capable receiver the video plays fine). Dolby Digital, DTS, and Dolby True HD all work fine. Having trouble figuring this one out. Any ideas? Running XBMC 12.3 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64
In the windows forum is a trouble shoot section concerning audio / gpu drivers. It's most likely an EDID problem, where the handshake does not work between card and AVR. Workarounds are described in that thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
What OS? Do you use WASAPI audio device? Have you checked the properties of the audio device, to see that it recognizes the AVR as HTS-HD/MA capable?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
(2014-04-04, 15:03)fritsch Wrote: In the windows forum is a trouble shoot section concerning audio / gpu drivers. It's most likely an EDID problem, where the handshake does not work between card and AVR. Workarounds are described in that thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

Thanks very much. I'll take a look.

(2014-04-04, 15:07)pr0xZen Wrote: What OS? Do you use WASAPI audio device? Have you checked the properties of the audio device, to see that it recognizes the AVR as HTS-HD/MA capable?

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I have my XBMC set to use Direct Sound. And I'm not sure how to tell if it recognizes the AVR as DTS-HD/MA capable.
DirectSound does not support passthrough of DTS-HD
(2014-04-04, 15:45)FernetMenta Wrote: DirectSound does not support passthrough of DTS-HD

Ya, I switched to WASAPI and everything works great. DERP!
Thanks a bunch for your help guys!
Marked as solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS-MA Passthrough Issue0