As of now, this release of reFocus is not compatible with XBMC nightly builds anymore. Please use this skin on the XBMC 13 Gotham release only. XBMC 14 Helix compatible builds of reFocus will be made available soon in a separate thread.
I think it's time for a new thread now that development of reFocus has picked up again.
As I wrote in the old release thread, about 8 months ago I started work on what would become a big update for the skin, but I never managed to get it ready for public release. Real life got in the way and I didn't touch the code for months. About a month ago I slowly commenced work on it again, aiming for an XBMC 13 Gotham compatible release of reFocus.
So that's where we are now. I consider reFocus to be in active development, but I will focus on milestone releases like I described here.
There's too many changes to list here. I don't even remember what was done before and after reFocus 0.9.5, so you'll just have to find out.
I have moved the pre-Gotham version of reFocus to a separate Frodo branch on my Github. That version will not receive any further updates or fixes.
- This new verion of reFocus is Gotham only. Do not attempt to install this version of reFocus on any previous XBMC version as it is completely incompatible!
- If weather fanart is enabled, but the user has not set a path to a weather fanart pack, a black background will be shown in the weather screen instead of a fallback image
- Some dialogs (notification and library update progress) should move to the side with the main windows when options menu is open
- The TV Guide/ TV Next Aired add-on window currently only supports the week view. Support for the new extended view will probably supported some day, but it's not a priority and a lot of work
- In the PVR, switching through the side menu the first time after having entered the PVR will produce unwanted animations of the main content area.
There's probably more, but these are the ones I noted / noticed
It's likely the PVR support has some quircks. I have no PVR setup, and I can only test what the PVR Demo Add-on can provide. Since I personally have no need for a PVR either, I am completely dependant on which bugs are reported and what I am able to test.
XBMC 13 Gotham
To get the most out of reFocus the following add-ons are required. These add-ons should be installed automatically when you install the skin. If they are not, please install manually using the links below. Certain skin features will not be available if one or more of these add-ons are not installed on your system.
- Skin Shortcuts
- Library Data Provider
- Fanart Grabber
- Artwork Downloader
- TV Next Aired
- Artist Slideshow
The following add-ons are not required but the skin does have support built-in. You will need to install these manually through XBMC's Add-on Browser.
- If you want to use the weather fanart support in reFocus I recommend this really nice pack by Dr.Toxic:
- If you are a PVR user, get this nice TV + radio channel logo pack by Butchabay
- Or these (mainly focused on the Dutch community)
- And more international logo's here
- Fanart grabber customization (choose what fanart type you want on the homescreen, e.g. video, music or mixed) [completed]
- Further integration of TV Next Aired add-on information into library views
- More homescreen / shelf configurations
What will not be added
- Discart / Extrafanart / Exrathumbs
- Watched flags
- Backgrounds / fanart that change based on selected home menu item
- The reFocus translators http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=187505
- robweber for his great help and feature support with his Fanart Grabber add-on
- Unfledged for creating the Watchlist add-on for reFocus and the great help and support
- Team XBMC
- My colleague skinners for their help and advice
- Anyone else contributing to XBMC in any way
Download / install
Instructions are available here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=187222
If you enjoy my work and would like to buy me a beer to show your appreciation, it is appreciated greatly.