• 69(current)
Release reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
(2014-09-16, 16:28)Rourke Wrote:
(2014-08-30, 06:01)ChimChim Wrote: I'm having a problem where the Customize Home button no longer responds. If I go under XBMC SETTINGS>reFocus>Customize Menu Items and Widgets, it also won't respond to a button press. The Search button on my Home Menu no longer responds also.

Can I manually edit these or possibly completely delete ReFocus or the offending XML/whatever file and start again? (Oops, it seems my deleting the XML only made the problem worse. I lost my custom menu items and the Customize Home buttons still don't work.)

Occasionally the home menu bar disappears too, but I can get it back by pressing S and clicking Menu Layout a couple times to cycle through and exiting the settings.

I'm running XUbuntu 14.04 and latest XBMC Gotham 13.2. ReFocus 1.4 PR2.

(Sorry if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find it.)

Super skin, BTW! Very clean looking and I love the ability to minimize into my OS. Thanks!!

I have the exact same issue. I try to remove some home menu items and the Okay button doesn't do anything. Here is the log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=295508

Can you please check the following directory exists:

C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts

And, if so, what's in it and what the permissions are - right click the folder in Explorer, select Properties and go to the Security tab. The 'Group or User Names' will show you who has permissions for that folder, and when clicking on a user the list at the bottom of the window will show you what permissions they have.

(The error you're getting is because the skin shortcuts script can't write the main menu data file to this directory. There's also similar errors in your log from script.tv.show.next.aired not able to write to its addon_data directory - there are a few possible causes for this, the most likely being that permissions are messed up either for their individual data directories, or possibly for the whole addon_data directory.)
(2014-09-16, 16:44)Unfledged Wrote: Can you please check the following directory exists:

C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts

And, if so, what's in it and what the permissions are - right click the folder in Explorer, select Properties and go to the Security tab. The 'Group or User Names' will show you who has permissions for that folder, and when clicking on a user the list at the bottom of the window will show you what permissions they have.

(The error you're getting is because the skin shortcuts script can't write the main menu data file to this directory. There's also similar errors in your log from script.tv.show.next.aired not able to write to its addon_data directory - there are a few possible causes for this, the most likely being that permissions are messed up either for their individual data directories, or possibly for the whole addon_data directory.)

Ah I do have to say I'm using advancedsettings path substitution. I host my addon data on my NAS, because I have multiple PCs i'm using XBMC on. I tried reverting back to local storage of the addon data folder, and now it works fine. Thank you.

I know now this has nothing to do with the skin, but the line in my exports file (see below) allows XBMC to create new files and read them. But somehow it can't write to existing files.

Code:
/volume1/xbmc    *(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,all_squash,sec=sys,anonuid=1026,anongid=100)

I'm sorry to get offtopic. I'm happy to search for an answer somewhere else.

edit: Indeed I ran into some other problems with other addons, so I will stop using path substitution for addon_data all together. Nevermind the above. Thanks for the help Smile
Great skin, really love it! One thing though, is it somehow possible to disable infinite scroll when in gallery view?
I need some help getting this installed. I installed the two dependencies mentioned in the OP. If I go to the repo through the GUI, it says that reFocus is incompatible. I downloaded the zip and tried to install that way and I see this error in the debug log:

Code:
23:01:49 T:4380   DEBUG: CZipManager::GetZipList - Processing zip://C%3a%5cUsers%5cShane%5cDesktop%5cskin.refocus-master.zip/
23:01:49 T:4380   DEBUG: Addon script.watchlist requires xbmc.python version 2.0 which is not available
(2014-09-26, 05:09)cu_shane Wrote: I need some help getting this installed. I installed the two dependencies mentioned in the OP. If I go to the repo through the GUI, it says that reFocus is incompatible. I downloaded the zip and tried to install that way and I see this error in the debug log:

Code:
23:01:49 T:4380   DEBUG: CZipManager::GetZipList - Processing zip://C%3a%5cUsers%5cShane%5cDesktop%5cskin.refocus-master.zip/
23:01:49 T:4380   DEBUG: Addon script.watchlist requires xbmc.python version 2.0 which is not available

Kodi looks to be grabbing the wrong version of script.watchlist, as the correct one (on the Frodo repo, though Gotham can also access all add ons in this repo) has an xmc.python requirement of 2.1.0, so I'd try manually installing it either from the link I just posted, or from git (linked to in the OP).
(2014-09-26, 06:41)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 05:09)cu_shane Wrote: I need some help getting this installed. I installed the two dependencies mentioned in the OP. If I go to the repo through the GUI, it says that reFocus is incompatible. I downloaded the zip and tried to install that way and I see this error in the debug log:

Code:

Kodi looks to be grabbing the wrong version of script.watchlist, as the correct one (on the Frodo repo, though Gotham can also access all add ons in this repo) has an xmc.python requirement of 2.1.0, so I'd try manually installing it either from the link I just posted, or from git (linked to in the OP).

You mentioned Kodi...I am using Gotham.

So I'm still stuck. I deleted and installed all of the dependencies listed in the OP from github zips and I am still getting the same message.

If I look in the addon.xml located in XBMC\addons\script.watchlist-master, it says <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
so I'm not sure why I'm still getting the error message...
(2014-09-26, 21:08)cu_shane Wrote: You mentioned Kodi...I am using Gotham.

So I'm still stuck. I deleted and installed all of the dependencies listed in the OP from github zips and I am still getting the same message.

If I look in the addon.xml located in XBMC\addons\script.watchlist-master, it says <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>

Kodi is just the new name of the software, Gotham the version Smile

Delete all the contents of the Packages folder within the addon folder, and the script.watchlist/script.watchlist-master folder(s). Now download script.watchlist from the link in my last post and install via "Install from zip file". If that doesn't install, please post a link to a full debug log.

As that's the only dependency that, from your log snippet, seems to be causing problems once the watchlist is installed try installing reFocus again. Again, if it doesn't work please post a link to a full debug log.
(2014-09-26, 21:30)Unfledged Wrote:

Delete all the contents of the Packages folder within the addon folder, and the script.watchlist/script.watchlist-master folder(s). Now download script.watchlist from the link in my last post and install via "Install from zip file". If that doesn't install, please post a link to a full debug log.

As that's the only dependency that, from your log snippet, seems to be causing problems once the watchlist is installed try installing reFocus again. Again, if it doesn't work please post a link to a full debug log.

Thanks, but still not working. Debug log here: http://pastebin.com/tQpZREVP
(2014-09-26, 21:41)cu_shane Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 21:30)Unfledged Wrote:

Thanks, but still not working. Debug log here: http://pastebin.com/tQpZREVP

Absolutely bizarre! Still, you have all the dependencies installed, so go ahead and manually extract reFocus to your addon directory. No reason it shouldn't work even if it won't auto install.
(2014-09-26, 21:46)Unfledged Wrote: Absolutely bizarre! Still, you have all the dependencies installed, so go ahead and manually extract reFocus to your addon directory. No reason it shouldn't work even if it won't auto install.

That worked. Thanks!
(2014-09-27, 00:02)cu_shane Wrote: That worked. Thanks!

Good to know Smile

If you don't mind indulging an old man, I'd love to know if the Watchlist script (if you weren't aware, I wrote it) will work properly for you. As you've been using Conq it won't be in your menus by default (you've probably spotted by now the two skins share menus), so do you mind adding it to your menu (temporarily) and letting me know if it runs? - whilst on reFocus, when choosing a menu shortcut there'll be two Watchlist entries (one for Movies, one for Episodes) under "Video Library >". Cheers Smile
I wonder what becomes Jeroen? is he fine? Is he will coming back? he miss us our favorite skinner Smile
(2014-09-27, 00:22)Reynald Wrote: I wonder what becomes Jeroen? is he fine? Is he will coming back? he miss us our favorite skinner Smile

We do indeed miss him - it's a rare thing in a skinner to deliver such a clear vision with such amazing (almost OCD Wink) attention to detail Smile. Hopefully, it's just a case of real life taking priority over his time for Kodi right now.
(2014-09-27, 00:18)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-09-27, 00:02)cu_shane Wrote: That worked. Thanks!

Good to know Smile

If you don't mind indulging an old man, I'd love to know if the Watchlist script (if you weren't aware, I wrote it) will work properly for you. As you've been using Conq it won't be in your menus by default (you've probably spotted by now the two skins share menus), so do you mind adding it to your menu (temporarily) and letting me know if it runs? - whilst on reFocus, when choosing a menu shortcut there'll be two Watchlist entries (one for Movies, one for Episodes) under "Video Library >". Cheers Smile

I'd be happy to, but I'm afraid you may have to hold my hand yet again. I add a menu item and then go to "add shortcut". Then I click on Video Library> and this is what I see http://i61.tinypic.com/29elq50.jpg. I see a movies option, but not an Episode one. If I click on Movies I am presented with more choices: Trailers, Genres, Title, Year, Actors, and Directors. Let me know what to add and I'll do it.
(2014-09-27, 04:19)cu_shane Wrote:
(2014-09-27, 00:18)Unfledged Wrote: [quote='cu_shane' pid='1802272' dateline='1411768951']
That worked. Thanks!

Good to know Smile

I'd be happy to, but I'm afraid you may have to hold my hand yet again. I add a menu item and then go to "add shortcut". Then I click on Video Library> and this is what I see http://i61.tinypic.com/29elq50.jpg. I see a movies option, but not an Episode one. If I click on Movies I am presented with more choices: Trailers, Genres, Title, Year, Actors, and Directors. Let me know what to add and I'll do it.

Scroll down.

If I were to lay a criticism at reFocus - and I am loath to do so because Jeroen is the only Skinner I know that puts such attention on the overall vision AND specific details - often when there are more options available in this skin, as here, it isn't always immediately obvious.

(Indeed, one area where I believe Kodi is lacking is differentiating between between video nodes and parent video nodes. As regards Skin Shortcuts - parent video nodes are appended with ">" and can contain video nodes. Video nodes have no appendage, and represent library views. (I would suggest, Team XBMC need to better define the difference themselves Wink, because I'm not great at it!))

(In the future I'll be more forcefully recommending the script in my signature - but until Team Kodi better define nodes/custom nodes, and I program for such nodes, it's probably not worth it Smile
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)14