• 2(current)
Release reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
(2014-04-06, 14:09)knewknow Wrote: I just tried it out on a fresh userdata folder and the missing items seemed to work, but unwatched flags still not showing up.
Thanks. Weird, I'll try to reproduce.

(2014-04-06, 14:12)Martijn Wrote: afaik it was a fresh install. Could still be something remaining from any previous install as this on my test system but it also gets cleaned regularly.
Also tried with fresh guisettings and main menu remains empty except for system/favourites/search
Initially only three items are selected yes. I'll probably change the these out of the box settings later on.
I am the only one who doesn't have cast info for movies ? For tv shows works just fine. Anyway, looking forward to horizontal menu. Awesome skin !
reFocus - Simply the best
Hey Jeroen,

I'm running Gotham beta3, upgraded from beta2 installed via the XBMCbuntu beta 2-1 ISO. The Team XBMC Nightly PPAs for Ubuntu are built from the xbmc 14.0 code base so I'm trying to determine what to do regarding your requirement for running the latest Gotham nightly build. Here's my apt-cache policy output, is this the build you want Ubuntu users to be running vs. beta3?

Code:
sudo apt-cache policy xbmc
xbmc:
  Installed: 2:13.0~git20140329.0731-beta3-0trusty
  Candidate: 2:14.0~git20140406.0204-577494a-0trusty
  Version table:
     2:14.0~git20140406.0204-577494a-0trusty 0
        500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
*** 2:13.0~git20140329.0731-beta3-0trusty 0
        500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/unstable/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     2:12.3+dfsg1-3ubuntu1 0
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/universe amd64 Packages

Thanks,
tret
@Jeroen

I noticed something. I tried to change video settings for LiveTV via Video OSD/Video Settings and changed Deinterlace video and tried to set this to Default for all videos but i didn't get a confirmation dialog to confirm this. Switched back to Confluence and there I noticed that it seems to have saved it.

Overall LiveTV looks pretty good only missing indicator of upcoming recordings like you see in Confluence.
If wanted I can give you (remote) access to my PVR setup so you can test with a real PVR setup instead of a Demo

Also occasionally I seem to have missing icons for Video en Picture settings in settings menu.
Hi Jeroen!
I have a little feature request, don't know how hard it would be to add in, but I'd very much like to be able to drag the indicator on the progress bar on the bottom to the left and to the right, so as to jump to specific moments in the video I'm watching. It's pretty inconvenient with fast-forwarding. Or is there another way I don't know of?
Thanks in advance for the answer!

EDIT: I just found out you can input desired timestamp by pressing number keys. I guess I will make do with that. Another question - is there a way to make the information that pops up when I press "i" pop up when I move my mouse, like the little context menu does?
I'm having trouble installing -- I have this in my log:

13:55:54 T:140437940197184 DEBUG: Addon skin.refocus requires script.globalsearch version 2.0.8 which is not available

I can't figure out how to upgrade my globalsearch to the Gotham-y version. I tried installing it manually but I get an error about not being in the right structure.
HTPC: Intel NUC BOXD34010WYKH1 | Panasonic TC-P50S30 | Denon AVR-1712, Jamo S606 HC3 5.0 | Logitech Harmony One
Server: Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F-O | Intel Xeon E3-1231V3 | 16GB DDR1600 ECC | Fractal Design Node 804 | 3 WD Red 3TB, 3 WD Red 4TB, 1 WD Red 6TB
(2014-04-06, 20:05)Silvaire Wrote: I'm having trouble installing -- I have this in my log:

13:55:54 T:140437940197184 DEBUG: Addon skin.refocus requires script.globalsearch version 2.0.8 which is not available

I can't figure out how to upgrade my globalsearch to the Gotham-y version. I tried installing it manually but I get an error about not being in the right structure.

force refresh you repo
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks Martijn...it's been awhile since I tested a beta. Tongue
HTPC: Intel NUC BOXD34010WYKH1 | Panasonic TC-P50S30 | Denon AVR-1712, Jamo S606 HC3 5.0 | Logitech Harmony One
Server: Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F-O | Intel Xeon E3-1231V3 | 16GB DDR1600 ECC | Fractal Design Node 804 | 3 WD Red 3TB, 3 WD Red 4TB, 1 WD Red 6TB
(2014-04-06, 13:36)knewknow Wrote: - Unwatched flag doesn't show on thumbnails view. It's turned on in the view settings
Do you mean big list view by any chance? I found an issue there, but not in other viewtypes. Fix available tomorrow.

Quote:- In Customize Home Menu, search, favourites and disc need to be enabled to not show (others may have same problem)
- when I turn on TV Shows in home menu with any browse options (eg. Watchlist), I get two TV Shows entries on the home screen. One with the browse arrow and another without.
Both confirmed. Fix available tomorrow.

(2014-04-06, 15:44)Galefury Wrote: I am the only one who doesn't have cast info for movies ? For tv shows works just fine. Anyway, looking forward to vertical menu. Awesome skin !
Just double checked, it works here. Is the entire button missing, or does it not function?

(2014-04-06, 19:09)schumi2004 Wrote: I noticed something. I tried to change video settings for LiveTV via Video OSD/Video Settings and changed Deinterlace video and tried to set this to Default for all videos but i didn't get a confirmation dialog to confirm this. Switched back to Confluence and there I noticed that it seems to have saved it.
Confirmed, fix will be available tomorrow.

Quote:Overall LiveTV looks pretty good only missing indicator of upcoming recordings like you see in Confluence.
Yeah, have to think about where and how I'm going to do that.

Quote:If wanted I can give you (remote) access to my PVR setup so you can test with a real PVR setup instead of a Demo
Thanks, most of the stuff is doable but that might come in handy.

Quote:Also occasionally I seem to have missing icons for Video en Picture settings in settings menu.
That's really weird, as they're just static textures. If you find a way to reproduce consistently please let me know.
Love the skin so far...

There seems to be a little bug in my home screen when disabling disc item, its submenu appears at first and pressing left will make it disappear. When not enabling menu items they will not always disappear here at all, very random... Don't know if you understand what I mean?

Love the blue color from the home menu and options-bar, maybe you can go more that way with the background color also. The blue that you use doesn't match the other tones imo. Fanart as a background more visible in the movies and tv-shows section also when overall system-fanart is disabled would also be nice...

For a first preview it is VERY NICE! Love the shelf option on the home menu! Enough said, grab a beer, you earned one!
Thanks for the work on your great skin Jeroen, here's a few things I've spotted since installing, this is on a 'clean' Gotham system running on OpenElec.
Quote:
Quote:Also occasionally I seem to have missing icons for Video en Picture settings in settings menu.
That's really weird, as they're just static textures. If you find a way to reproduce consistently please let me know.

This happens consistently for me, both seemed to be caused by case mismatch (settings.xml looking for DefaultVideo.png and DefaultPicture.png whilst the files are named defaultvideo.png and defaultPicture.png respectively. Renaming solved the issue for me).

Some other bugs:
- I'm not getting any unwatched indicators in any view types for TV or Movies. Perhaps this is filename case related, I'll investigate further.
EDIT: Yes, renaming the file to 'OverlayUnwatched.png' from 'OverlayUnWatched.png' solves the problem for me.
- In the 'Customize Home menu' dialogue the Disc toggle seems to reversed. i.e. to not show on the home menu the setting must be 'enabled'
- In the 'Peripherals' dialogue, the Settings and OK buttons are switched.

Things that are matter of opinion:
- The grey text on silver dialogue box can be difficult to read, it would be easier if the text was a bit darker.
- The inactive spin control cannot be seen when a setting is focused, this looks strange to my eye.
(2014-04-06, 22:42)mortstar Wrote: This happens consistently for me, both seemed to be caused by case mismatch (settings.xml looking for DefaultVideo.png and DefaultPicture.png - files are name defaultvideo.png and defaultPicture.png respectively. Renaming solved the issue for me).

Aaahh, I see... This has to be a Git issue because I'm 100% certain I named them correctly and never experienced this problem. I guess when overwriting the old textures with the same name it didn't change the altered case in the file name Should be an easy fix, thanks for reporting.

Quote:- I'm not getting any unwatched indicators in any view types for TV or Movies. Perhaps this is filename case related, I'll investigate further.
Possibly yes, I'll have a look too. Damn I hate it when something works on one device and not on another..

Quote:- In 'Peripherals' dialogue box the Settings and OK buttons are the wrong way round (the OK button leads to settings and vice-versa).
Thx, will fix.

Quote:Some personal opinions that may differ to your own:,
- The inactive spin-control button can't be seen when the setting is focused - this looks a little weird to my eye.
Yeah I know. I'm not fully pleased either. Unfortunately there's limitations to what I can do with this control unless I make it a totally different color, but maybe I can come up with something. Otherwise I'll see if I can get support from team XBMC in enhancing the control type.
Cheers Jeroen, I found that for unwatched overlays renaming the file to 'OverlayUnwatched.png' from 'OverlayUnWatched.png' solves the problem for me.

I was messing about with my above post quite a bit when you were replying, so you might not have caught the 'Disc in home menu' issue mentioned above (I mention is as you didn't quote in your reply. Apologies if you did catch that, my bad with overuse of edit button.)
(2014-04-06, 17:59)tret Wrote: Hey Jeroen,

I'm running Gotham beta3, upgraded from beta2 installed via the XBMCbuntu beta 2-1 ISO. The Team XBMC Nightly PPAs for Ubuntu are built from the xbmc 14.0 code base so I'm trying to determine what to do regarding your requirement for running the latest Gotham nightly build. Here's my apt-cache policy output, is this the build you want Ubuntu users to be running vs. beta3?

Code:
sudo apt-cache policy xbmc
xbmc:
  Installed: 2:13.0~git20140329.0731-beta3-0trusty
  Candidate: 2:14.0~git20140406.0204-577494a-0trusty
  Version table:
     2:14.0~git20140406.0204-577494a-0trusty 0
        500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
*** 2:13.0~git20140329.0731-beta3-0trusty 0
        500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/unstable/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     2:12.3+dfsg1-3ubuntu1 0
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/universe amd64 Packages

Thanks,
tret

I'm not very familiar with Ubuntu but that seems OK to me. https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archive/xbmc-nightly is what I expect it's from.

(2014-04-06, 23:23)mortstar Wrote: Cheers Jeroen, I found that for unwatched overlays renaming the file to 'OverlayUnwatched.png' from 'OverlayUnWatched.png' solves the problem for me.

I was messing about with my above post quite a bit when you were replying, so you might not have caught the 'Disc in home menu' issue mentioned above (I mention is as you didn't quote in your reply. Apologies if you did catch that, my bad with overuse of edit button.)

No worries Smile I've looked into the disc entry issue quickly after earlier reports. I'll push a fix for it tomorrow.
@Jeroen
Missing icons again now on my Android phone https://www.dropbox.com/s/uq2s60qbpank2o...-22-34.png
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)14