• 73(current)
Release reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
(2014-12-31, 12:58)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 13:13)kaiseruk Wrote: On the tv "all channels" view, the channel icons show up fine. However when watching a channel and pressing the info button to see the information about what is on, the channel icons are cropped. The icons are 220x132 resolution. Is it possible for refocus to resize icons in this view?

I can't check at the moment as the PVR Demo add-on isn't working completely for me, but looking at the code it should rescale the icons. The skin expects square icons here, and if they're not square they are rescaled to keep the right aspect ratio. Resizing them to a non-square format isn't going to happen as it would affect the text too.

OK thanks for the reply. I was hoping it would be possible that it would be able to display them like it does in these views (where it seems to display the landscape icons in a square box)
http://i.imgur.com/8ZkfwsG.png (all channels view)
http://i.imgur.com/loN2GZL.png (recordings view)

the same way as above in this view
http://i.imgur.com/cyFm4Tu.jpg

If thats not possible then fine just thought i'd ask Smile
(2015-01-03, 14:40)kaiseruk Wrote:
(2014-12-31, 12:58)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 13:13)kaiseruk Wrote: On the tv "all channels" view, the channel icons show up fine. However when watching a channel and pressing the info button to see the information about what is on, the channel icons are cropped. The icons are 220x132 resolution. Is it possible for refocus to resize icons in this view?

I can't check at the moment as the PVR Demo add-on isn't working completely for me, but looking at the code it should rescale the icons. The skin expects square icons here, and if they're not square they are rescaled to keep the right aspect ratio. Resizing them to a non-square format isn't going to happen as it would affect the text too.

OK thanks for the reply. I was hoping it would be possible that it would be able to display them like it does in these views (where it seems to display the landscape icons in a square box)
http://i.imgur.com/8ZkfwsG.png (all channels view)
http://i.imgur.com/loN2GZL.png (recordings view)

the same way as above in this view
http://i.imgur.com/cyFm4Tu.jpg

If thats not possible then fine just thought i'd ask Smile

In that case, it's not behaving as intended.

Are you on the Gotham reFocus release from the Kodi repo? If so, I may have fixed this after that release. If not, I will have to look into it.
I'm using 1.4.0PR2 with xbmc gotham. Is it still possible to access builds on github for gotham that might have this fixed? if so would you have a link?

thanks
Hello,
I have reFocus ver 1.4.0-PR3 and from today I see that any link under PVR in menu doesn't work.
After click on it only black screen shows. On any other skin it works properly, is it reFocus bug?
(2015-01-03, 20:26)milansport Wrote: Hello,
I have reFocus ver 1.4.0-PR3 and from today I see that any link under PVR in menu doesn't work.
After click on it only black screen shows. On any other skin it works properly, is it reFocus bug?

The current release of reFocus is Gotham only.
(2015-01-03, 15:18)kaiseruk Wrote: I'm using 1.4.0PR2 with xbmc gotham. Is it still possible to access builds on github for gotham that might have this fixed? if so would you have a link?

thanks

There haven't been any compiled builds or anything after that, just updates through Github. As Helix is already available I haven't bothered working on a new Gotham based update for reFocus but went straight on to Helix. What's on Git right now is incompatible with Gotham, and incomplete for Helix so not really suited as a daily driver yet I think.
Hey,

Updated to the version currently on git for Helix compatibility (don't use PVR) and noticed that the fonts on the main menu have changed? The font style is different and they also look jaggy/fuzzy.

Also, when going back to the home screen or entering the settings screen, have you put some type of fade in/shadow that appears after you enter the screen? It almost feels like the brightness of the screen is changing a second or so after.

Also, System screen says "xbmc settings" instead of "kodi settings".

Take Care
(2015-01-04, 20:12)fatal. Wrote: Hey,

Updated to the version currently on git for Helix compatibility (don't use PVR) and noticed that the fonts on the main menu have changed? The font style is different and they also look jaggy/fuzzy.

The fonts have been there since the introduction of the new home menu mechanics, which was months ago. But compared to the official Gotham release in the Kodi repo they have changed yes. I don't see any jaggy/fuzzy effect.

Quote:Also, when going back to the home screen or entering the settings screen, have you put some type of fade in/shadow that appears after you enter the screen? It almost feels like the brightness of the screen is changing a second or so after.
Not to my recollection.

Quote:Also, System screen says "xbmc settings" instead of "kodi settings".

Take Care
These sort of things are corrected as work in the Helix version progresses, thanks.
An update regarding the next release of reFocus.

Compared to the official release that is available on the Kodi repo at the moment there have been a lot of changes and new features such as the horizontal home menu option, new widgets system and more customization options. Because of this I will be labeling the next official release of reFocus as version 2.0.0

Apart from that, from now on I will be bumping the major version number with every new Kodi release regardless of how much has actually changed in the skin itself. This way it should be completely clear which skin version is compatible with which Kodi release (labelling the next version 14.0.0 seems a bit too much Tongue). The second version number will be bumped for big changes in the skin or a lot of small changes. The third version number will be bumped for bugfix releases.

The next release will mainly deal with Helix compatibility, the PVR rework, some bugfixes and small feature updates.

I don't think I'm far off from releasing a beta build of 2.0 through my repo add-on. You can get that here if you don't have it yet.

Depending on what comes out of the beta release, it will be followed by one or more release candidate builds and ultimately a new official release on the Kodi repo.

Cheers,
Jeroen
Thanks for the update!

I appreciate the work you're putting into the PVR sections; I know you've stated a few times that you don't use that part of the software yourself. I rely on MythTV on a daily basis so having that implemented means a lot to me. Looking forward to trying out reFocus for Helix when you're ready.
Since updating all my and friends openelec/nucs to helix, we have lost the ablity to type into the search boxes via ipad xbmc remote.
Therefore have had to install another skin while waiting for helix compatible refocus.
But the wait will surely be worth it.

The jeroen repository is installed and patiently waiting for an update from the man Big Grin
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
I only updated to helix because there was a compatible mod for helix made by bryanbrazil. Waiting for the official build.
reFocus - Simply the best
I was reading back in the thread looking for open issues.

(2014-12-10, 07:38)ZwartePiet Wrote: 1) Using kiosk mode creates a gap in the fanart while in gallery mode (e.g. TV Shows, Movies).
Can you post a screenshot of this? Is this in the fullscreen or grid layout?

Quote:2) The text can be hard to read with some fanart.
Really hard to efficiently solve this. I could make the shading darker, but then it will look "dirty" in many cases. I keep on wishing my long standing request for text outlines in Kodi will some day become reality as that would solve readability issues like this.

Quote:3) The "buffering" text isn't necessary, IMO.
In the example you provided it probably isn't no. But when processing a stream is taking a bit longer I feel feedback to the user is appropriate. And "a bit longer" is such a relative and personal criterium Smile

Quote:4) The "buffering" text and time/weather icon disappear before the main info bar.

The time out for the information bar is actually not handled by the skin. See Settings->TV->Menu/OSD->"Show channel information when switching channels"

I could try to synchronise the animation time of the player status and time with the default value of the above (5 secs) but I kind of feel that would be too long.

(2015-01-06, 15:58)robweber Wrote: Thanks for the update!

I appreciate the work you're putting into the PVR sections; I know you've stated a few times that you don't use that part of the software yourself. I rely on MythTV on a daily basis so having that implemented means a lot to me. Looking forward to trying out reFocus for Helix when you're ready.

I don't use the PVR no. But as it is a core feature of Kodi these days I feel I should support it. Luckily the PVR changes in Helix make it slightly easier / more logical but it's still a PITA Tongue
I hope you'll like the changes in the Helix version.

(2015-01-06, 20:56)Raitsa Wrote: Since updating all my and friends openelec/nucs to helix, we have lost the ablity to type into the search boxes via ipad xbmc remote.
Therefore have had to install another skin while waiting for helix compatible refocus.
But the wait will surely be worth it.

The jeroen repository is installed and patiently waiting for an update from the man Big Grin

(2015-01-07, 10:33)Galefury Wrote: I only updated to helix because there was a compatible mod for helix made by bryanbrazil. Waiting for the official build.

Thx guys Smile
reFocus for Helix Preview Release 1

The first preview release of the Helix version of reFocus is now available through the repository add-on. I started a new thread here.

Please use the thread you are in at the moment for discussion about the Gotham release of reFocus only. Note though that the Gotham version will not receive any further updates and/or fixes.
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)14