all for one remote one linux/ openelec based xbmc?
Hello every one, almost finished building my htpc but the only thing i need to do is to add a remote control. I have bought an one for all remote to work with all my devices but will it work with an linux based htpc? if so what ir receiver do you recommend for it? thanksBig Grin.
(2014-04-06, 17:13)lloyders88 Wrote: Hello every one, almost finished building my htpc but the only thing i need to do is to add a remote control. I have bought an one for all remote to work with all my devices but will it work with an linux based htpc? if so what ir receiver do you recommend for it? thanksBig Grin.

I have yet to come across an IR remote that does NOT work with Linux. Buy a standard IR receiver and all will be well. The HP receivers seem to be highly praised here on the forums.
You can get one on e-bay for about $12 or $15 shipped.

Edit:

The HP receiver I bought had such a dark plastic cover that it would only work under 6 feet away. I drilled a hole in the cover where the receiver module is. Now it works at 30 feet.
I bought a flirc dongle.

10 minutes of configuration, plugged it in my htpc and it works absolutly perfekt with XBMC

The configuration totally easy. Everything is self-explained.

Costs ~25€.
(2014-04-08, 09:45)David1977 Wrote: I bought a flirc dongle.

10 minutes of configuration, plugged it in my htpc and it works absolutly perfekt with XBMC

The configuration totally easy. Everything is self-explained.

Costs ~25€.

Sounds just like LIRC, but 25€ more expensive. Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
all for one remote one linux/ openelec based xbmc?0