iPhone/iPad remote not working
Hello,

I have been using XBMC on raspberry pi for around 5 months now, controlled by the official XMBC app on iPhone and iPad. It started off being quite temperamental for the first month, it could be fixed by rebooting the router and pi and couple of times. After an update on the app it started working all the time. I have since come to use it after a two week break and nothing I will do will allow me to connect via this app. I have rebooted the pi and router made sure all the settings are correct on the pi and app. In another tread it suggested using just a username and no password to link to it. I have also tried changing the port for 80 to 8080 and checking my network firewall to see whether this was being blocked.

Im running out of ideas so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Hi, I have a similar setup and sometimes the official XBMC app on my iPad freezes after I press the wrong key. To get it working requires the iPad to be fully shutdown (hold the button on the side and switch off) and rebooted from cold - a warm restart doesn't fix it. I guess that the app keeps on running in some strange state and there's no way to kill the process on an iPad.

I hope this helps a bit. Next time it happens, I'll make a note of which keys I pressed that caused the freeze.
@Nabasar, seems that only a messed jailbroken idevice can act as you have described, otherwise it's impossibile that an app can freeze an idevice and keeps on running in some strange state

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPhone/iPad remote not working0