Control the visibility of controls across windows?
Hello, I asked this in the Aeon Nox thread and thrice read the skinning manual, forums, and used my friend Google but didn't get any responses or solutions so I thought I would ask here because I believe my question pertains to all skins in general.
Does anyone know if it's possible to set the visibility of a control that's in the MusicVisualation.xml window from code inside the Lyrics overlay (script-XBMC_Lyrics-main.xml) file? As it sits I have edited the visibility tags for Artist, Album, and song title controls in the MusicVisualation.xml file to hide upon the loading of the lyrics overlay and unhide when it closes. I want to do this with xml code in the lyrics overlay xml file to keep from having to edit the controls visibility in the other files (MusicVisualation.xml) code. I also have to edit the now playing widget panel to hide when the lyrics overlay was active cause it kept popping up in the background after every song change. I hope i'm asking this right. What I want to do is have code in the lyrics overlay file (script-XBMC_Lyrics-main.xml) that hides the controls in MusicVisualation.xml temporarily while the lyric overlay window is active and not have to edit the MusicVisualation.xml controls visibility tags code at all. Here is a pic of what I am working with... the album cover, spinning disc, and artist slideshow and the codec labels on the very bottom are all in the background (MusicVisualation.xml) file and everything else is in the lyric overlay (script-XBMC_Lyrics-main.xml) file that I have modded. I had to edit (MusicVisualation.xml controls to hide the large Album, Artist, and Song title because all of this is included in my modded lyric overlay file and it was a mess with the large labels if i had left them visible in the background. Thanks ahead for anyone who could point me in the right direction or even let me know if it is or isn't even possible so I could quit trying to find a solution. Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Control the visibility of controls across windows?0