library is losing TV episodes
Hi,
I'm not sure where to post this; hopefully someone can send me there. I did a forum search also, hoping that this was a known issue with a fix, but didn't find anything with the search terms I used.

Setup:
2010 Mac Mini running Mountain Lion
XBMC 13 Beta 2
pulling all media from WHS 2011 box through SMB shares

Recently, I've been having trouble with XBMC losing TV episodes, usually in groups. For instance, I just went to watch Modern Family tonight (had just watched an episode two nights ago) and the ENTIRE series was gone. No season folders, no episodes, no unwatched count in the TV Shows list, although the show was listed and there was a series thumb. I double-checked the server, and all the folders, episodes, and nfo's are there as they should be.
This has happened with other shows, although not to this extent. Additionally, there are some shows that appear unaffected, showing up in season folders, with episodes active and watchable. I don't think there's a problem finding the share on the server. When this happened a few days ago (different series, with fewer episodes missing), the only way to get them visible again was to remove the source through XBMC and re-add it, refreshing the data (and wiping all my watched status, etc.).

I haven't had any issues with Gotham as yet, and not sure if this is related?

Can someone point me in the right direction, por favor?
-Erik
Kodi Matrix on Raspberry Pi4 4GB Libreelec - Gigabit Ethernet - Served from unRaid shares
Estuary skin - Netflix plug-in (CastagnalT) - Amazon Video Plug-in

Kodi Matrix on Pi4 in the car with USB storage and Mausberry 4A Power supply w/safe shutdown - HiFiBerry Digi+ optical out to Alpine PXA-800
Did the library get cleaned at a time when the server was unavailable or offline?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-04-09, 06:29)nickr Wrote: Did the library get cleaned at a time when the server was unavailable or offline?

Hi nickr,

I don't think so...
I have XBMC set to update on startup, and the server is on 24/7 (updates apply ~3am) and is rock solid stable. The Mini (running XBMC) is also on 24/7' but on standby overnight or when idle for 15 minutes. I have noticed the "cleanup" pop up every time I wake the Mini, which I hadn't noticed before (although it's appearance might coincide with upgrading from Frodo to Gotham, I can't remember).

I have been doing more library update/cleanup lately, due to TVDB's silly cartoon naming strategy and attempted workarounds; but I've checked to see if other aspects of the library were unaffected afterwards. In any event, I haven't messed with it since I removed/re-added my TV Shows source.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!
-Erik
Kodi Matrix on Raspberry Pi4 4GB Libreelec - Gigabit Ethernet - Served from unRaid shares

Kodi Matrix on Pi4 in the car with USB storage and Mausberry 4A Power supply w/safe shutdown - HiFiBerry Digi+ optical out to Alpine PXA-800
Hi again-

This is continuing to be an issue. I will go to watch a tv show from my library and open up the show and have nothing there. No seasons, no episodes. I've found that I can back out to the show list and highlight the show and "scan for new content" and have all the episodes populate and be ready to watch. The watched status reverts to "unwatched" for all episodes, however.

I'm on Gotham RC1 now, and the problem has persisted through beta 2 & 3.

What can I do to stop this behavior, or track down the source?

Debug log (wiki) do we can see what's going on.
But do you perhaps got only unwatched turned on. In your skin.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Hi TRaSH,

I'll post the debug log tonight.
Watched *and* unwatched disappear. And seemingly at random.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
library is losing TV episodes0