Control WinAmp (on a PC) from XBMC
(diddeleedoo @ april 19 2006,18:30 Wrote:@affini. you must have a pretty advanced setup at your place.  Rolleyes  i'm still at the 'thinking about it' stage, and i get a big kick out of little things like lolol just made. it's a lot of fun. sounds like you've had this kind of fun for awhile.
i have messed with a lot of different home automation and home theater stuff.

right now my setup is less complex then it used to be. i no longer use the voice recognition (i will go back to it soon), and i do not have the wireless touchscreen that i did before.

but i have approx 20 devices controlled via x-10 (homeseer) in my house and i also have a 6 zone house audio system.

you can see what i've built (past and present) here...
affini's home theater & home automation web pages

my next step is to build a pc for having multiple zoned audio so i can have different rooms playing different things. i'm hoping to be able to use xbmc to do this. if lolol builds in multi-zone capability i will do it with his script.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
that's it, i have weekend reading. thank you for the link!

it may very well be possible to do what you ask. you see the wawi plug-in allow you to set what port the plug-in should operate at.

so it maybe possible, to set

room1 = 192.168.0.1:91/play
room2 = 192.168.0.1:92/play
room3 = 192.168.0.1:93/play
room4 = 192.168.0.1:94/play
room5 = 192.168.0.1:95/play

so you need 5 winamp's running on the computer, eash listening on different port. that means that you set-up 5 scripts in the xbox.

winamprc1.py for room1 (set to port 91)
winamprc2.py for room2 ...
winamprc3.py for room3
winamprc4.py for room4
winamprc5.py for room5

to implement a 'live' port config into the script, maybe a bit too much for most users, but you're used to doing things advanced, so the above solution maybe alright.

look forward to the weekend. still doing booooring reports..
another thought came by. i do not know the possiblitites, but you maybe able to customize the script for your needs.

i was just thinking, if you know how to catch remote control signals, you may be able to do something like

if remote contol key 1 received, then set port to 91
if remote contol key 2 received, then set port to 92
if remote contol key 3 received, then set port to 93
if remote contol key 4 received, then set port to 94
if remote contol key 5 received, then set port to 95

a simple
select case
case key 1
set port "91"
case key 2 and so on.
end select
may solve that. i do not expect lolol to do that though, as it would most likely be a risk for stuff-ups for ordinary users.
hello guys,

thx for the idea with the zones... i will have a look at it, but at the moment my priority is to code a clean, handy winampinterface...

at the moment i'm doing some skinwork to get a better look'n'feel, also the playlist things have to be done....

i will release a new version today... yesterday it was not possible, the script was not presentable :d

cheers lolol
can't wait to see what may come next. Smile

i thought that playlist stuff would be too hard to do.
hi guys!

sorry for the long waiting time... but i had a couple of issues, because this is my first sirous script..
there are still some bugs, but i thought thats time for a release now...

click >>here << to download the script in version 0.6

i added some stuff like a timer in the bottom of the screen...

please post your bugs, suggestions, etc.

cu lolol
sure will do... must have been a pretty tricky script to do, as it sounds like you've taken it far. have not installed yet, but will do over the next 24 hours.
well, i suppose to work, but i could not wait.

did an install, and it is very impressive. actually i'm very glad that you took this task. this is heading towards being a 'killer' script!
i am super happy with the way it is already!

if this is your first "big one", well, congratulations!

i use automatic djs that act as a 'radio' so personally i do not stuff around with playlists. edit added: well, maybe just seeing the current playlist and selecting a song, but not adding to it would be cool.

i cannot find faults with the script at this point in time, but if i do i'll share the findings here. still cannot believe seeing 'playing time' live on the xbox.... that is just unreal... and who's playing... unreal...

added: love the play/pause function!

added: btw, mediamonkey do have problems with adding/substracting songs on a playlist using wawi. winamp is needed for that. however, that is not really related to this, just thought i should add it

thought maybe
next prev could be on the same line, like vol and playlist.

maybe vol could become two buttons too.

prev | next
play/pause function = excellent
stop
vol - | vol +
playlist

maybe vol can just be a simple, click once, increase vol with +1 or something.

just some thoughts, that is not really well through about.. if that makes sense... zzz time here.
hello,

the next prev buttons should be possible...

the vol control is not possible atm, because there is no way to get the current value from the wafi plugin....

i would have to modify the winamp plugin to, for that...

cu lolol
i certainly felt i was wrong in my 'vol' thing.
guess you get mixed up with all the stuff available out there.

maybe click vol, and a list of 0 - 10 comes up, and you hit up/down key to find the right level you want and hit select.

something like

vol +/- you hit that button

and a list comes up

and then you just do some quick arrow keys to go to 7 for example... hmm .. donno..

or.... i just wonder if it possible to catch the 0-9 keys, while script is active..... that would solve it too.. and then just forget about the value 1 or make it so that

0 = /vol?volume=0 'volume setting (mute)
1 = /vol?volume=2 'volume setting
2 = /vol?volume=3 'volume setting
3 = /vol?volume=4 'volume setting
4 = /vol?volume=5 'volume setting
5 = /vol?volume=6 'volume setting
6 = /vol?volume=7 'volume setting
7 = /vol?volume=8 'volume setting
8 = /vol?volume=9 'volume setting
9 = /vol?volume=10 'volume setting

meaning, that you just skip the level 1 in volume settings. it's sort of totally useless anyways.

it's a remote control, so i do not think anyone would really hear the difference of 1 & 2

(edited a few times this post, while thinking about it... i'll leave it alone now)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Control WinAmp (on a PC) from XBMC0