• 26(current)
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices
Wow, Thanks Janus.

It would be great to have Isengard in our Devices. I have a Geniatech atv100 derivative (some different wifi) but I bought a USB with the proper chip and works flawessly. Can I help somehow?
I attempted to compare mivlives earlier ports against the TOFU Pivos base(s) to see what he changed. I deleted the machine-specific code at the beginning of the updater-script in the deep subfolders of the META-INF file and also altered the code to conform to the aml_logo.img to avoid side loading error and renamed the logo.img to aml_logo.img.. I also changed the remote.config in system/etc/.kodi for the G-box Midnight remote.

If I try to flash, however it loads the update, but gets stuck in the boot loop. I tried using the uImage from the last mivlives port, but have the same problem. I suspect the uImage requires some alteration (previous version comparisons between the Pivos build and mivlives' port show that they are different sizes). But cracking the uImage is beyond my depth.

I have zero experience in anything like this.

I was throwing up my hands and hoping mivlives would jump in or provide some suggestion -- but it looks like this thread might be mostly abandoned.
Probably it's not enough, and is necessary to build the complete ToFU from sources due to some dependencies to kernel configuration, not sure. Hopefully mivlives can (want) help.
mivlives,

What tool did you use to unpack the Pivos TofuLinux update.img file ? Thanks in advance.
(2016-01-28, 01:49)ptk61 Wrote: mivlives,

What tool did you use to unpack the Pivos TofuLinux update.img file ? Thanks in advance.

You can UNpack it with 7zip Wink
I have a Geniatech 510B. For some time now I have been running the Pivos Tofu, August 2015? There is a newer version, from November, but the guy who has been signing the images ccadi tried the November image but it didn't work for me.

There are some image signing instructions, https://forums.tvaddons.ag/pivos-xios-ds...tions.html

I have never been able to do this myself.
The August TofuLinux is still working great on my Midnight GBox 2.2.. Been very stable for several months - long enough for me to forget the ordeal of resurrecting the old thing in the first place.

Now I might be kidding myself, but I'd like to install some games on this thing. I was thinking emulators, but I can't quite wrap my head around this.

If I were to pull this off, assuming I would need to configure everything somehow with linux emulators, and the addon Rom Collection Browser?

Any thoughts on this?
(2016-01-20, 05:58)janus 247 Wrote: There is a new (as of November) version of TOFU linux that runs Isengard final (15.2):
http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php...10db23213c

I tried to port it to the GBox Midnight 2.2, but was not successful.

Have you still attempted this? I hate to just throw my GBox Midnight 2.2 out, but I fear it is getting close to that now. I have replaced it with a RPi2.
I would also like to have the November version runing on my 510b unit.

I also have the August version running great.
Oh dear - Looks like it might be time to pension off the old G-Box Midnight 2.2 since nobody seems to know how to keep it updated.
(I too have wrestled with this latest build - but it's got me licked!)

Farewell dear friend, it's been interesting . . .
Hey guys, anyone have a mirror to the latest working build on the G-Box Midnight 2.2. Seems the dropbox links are dead. TIA!
(2016-04-16, 01:19)diabloxp Wrote: Hey guys, anyone have a mirror to the latest working build on the G-Box Midnight 2.2. Seems the dropbox links are dead. TIA!

Yep, kind of a bummer. Sad

@mivlives, any way we could get these posted to a mirror? Possibly Google Drive?

Thanks!
I can't send PM but I was wondering if there is any way to run Kodi 14 with amlogic m3 chipset (AML8726-M3)?
Or what is the latest, 16.1? https://www.tvaddons.ag/jarvis/

I was able to get the Mygica A11 image to work with the tv boxes I have and that is now running XBMC 13.1-BETA2
(2016-05-29, 11:55)linusdunkers Wrote: I can't send PM but I was wondering if there is any way to run Kodi 14 with amlogic m3 chipset (AML8726-M3)?
Or what is the latest, 16.1? https://www.tvaddons.ag/jarvis/

I was able to get the Mygica A11 image to work with the tv boxes I have and that is now running XBMC 13.1-BETA2

simple answer is, yes its possible .. i run last year kodi 14 on mygica 1100T, what is amlogic M3 but on android 4.0
looking now for linux image for that older box..to perform just one media player job..
wish and wonder if snappy ubuntu image is possible..and i hope that Kodi will came as snappy application one day..
Can someone upload M3_HELIX_020515.zip none of the links work.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices7