How to enable nvidia support in xbmcbuntu
Installed xbmcbuntu 13, for which apparently there isn't a special release for nvidia chipsets. But I'm not getting any hardware acceleration it would appear - is there any thing I need to do to enabled it? (I've got VDPAU enabled etc)....

Log extract here: http://pastebin.com/tAQusH0H
First check what is being used by pressing 'o'clock during [payback.

Then make sure expert settings level is set and then make sure acceleration is set up right.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-04-12, 00:09)nickr Wrote: First check what is being used by pressing 'o'clock during [payback.

Then make sure expert settings level is set and then make sure acceleration is set up right.

Ok, I've got:

D(Video h264 (High), yuv420p, 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9])
P(fr:23.976, vq:38%, dc:ff-h264-vdpau, Mb/s:0.46, drop:0, skip:1, pc:1)

VDPAU is enabled..

Ok that's odd. Caught the left mouse button, and it suddenly started working properly. Pressing 'o' again, the only thing that has changed is that DAR is now reading 479:269 - so it's almost like it had a problem with the aspect ratio?
vdpau is fine. Log is not fine . everything of interest was cut.

Disable vaapi, revisit your audio configuration.

Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to enable nvidia support in xbmcbuntu0