Only 1 channel being mapped in EPG
Hi guys,

Everything with my Openelec/tvheadend setup worked great, until it was that time of the month to SSH in and run mc2xml. After running, I usually reboot anyways.

Now, I only see FOX in my EPG (in XBMC or the tvheadend web GUI). Examining the xmltv file shows data for everything else. And under the Channels/EPG -> Channels tab, every channel is still mapped.

But if I click the EPG, I only see FOX:

The log output doesn't yield much either:
Apr 11 22:15:01.046 /storage/.xbmc/addons/service.multimedia.tvheadend/bin/tv_grab_file: grab /storage/.xbmc/addons/service.multimedia.tvheadend/bin/tv_grab_file
Apr 11 22:15:01.203 /storage/.xbmc/addons/service.multimedia.tvheadend/bin/tv_grab_file: grab took 0 seconds
Apr 11 22:15:01.262 /storage/.xbmc/addons/service.multimedia.tvheadend/bin/tv_grab_file: parse took 0 seconds
Apr 11 22:15:01.262 /storage/.xbmc/addons/service.multimedia.tvheadend/bin/tv_grab_file: channels tot= 40 new= 0 mod= 0
Apr 11 22:15:01.262 /storage/.xbmc/addons/service.multimedia.tvheadend/bin/tv_grab_file: brands tot= 0 new= 0 mod= 0
Apr 11 22:15:01.263 /storage/.xbmc/addons/service.multimedia.tvheadend/bin/tv_grab_file: seasons tot= 485 new= 0 mod= 0
Apr 11 22:15:01.263 /storage/.xbmc/addons/service.multimedia.tvheadend/bin/tv_grab_file: episodes tot= 492 new= 0 mod= 0
Apr 11 22:15:01.263 /storage/.xbmc/addons/service.multimedia.tvheadend/bin/tv_grab_file: broadcasts tot= 492 new= 0 mod= 0

Any ideas where I should begin looking?
If you're having the same problem I had posted about this past week, then the fix is simple.
The problem was that the channels had changed numbers, so that when TVH is looking for channel 33, but it's now channel 34 in the xmltv.xml file, you'll get nothing in the EPG.

Open the XML file for reference and compare that against what you'll find via the TVH Web GUI under Configuration -> Channel/EPG -> Channels -> EPG Grab Source. If you see a mismatch, you'll need to edit what is in that EPG Grab Source column.

I hope that helps!
There is also an option to update channel numbers with the ones from the XML, though I'm not sure if it works or not since I've never used it.
Thanks guys. Mathgeek, I saw your thread earlier and I will give that a shot (away from the HTPC for a while this weekend).

Negge, I have that checked, if it's the setting I'm thinking of.
Well, that did it! Sure enough my channel numbers all shifted, most by just 1. Weird. Thanks for pointing that out!
All of mine shifted by one as well.
Glad I could help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Only 1 channel being mapped in EPG0