Win Guide: Audio/Video Problem Solving with an AMD GPU
@FernetMenta - hmm, that's a rookie mistake, sorry. It's actually a cut and paste error as I have been popping that in/taking it out, just put it in the wrong spot this time I thinkl. Will clean it all up and try again & confirm, that being said, there's no question coming off pause the sync is wavering and nowhere near as precise as quickly as it was with Frodo.

I don't want any general latency, though, only (traditionally) for 24p has it been needed (with Frodo). But let me test it all again and get back to you ASAP.

@Montellese - I will contact the author of the addon...it's in VB it seems so I can't fix it so easily myself. I just use it to get a nice time remaining display on an external LCD... (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=137275 XBMC4LCDSmartie)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
you observe this with pcm and passthrough? up to 500 msec? is audio late or early? does a seek bring it back to sync?
Guess this is no longer sticky-worthy.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2014-04-30, 15:49)Piers Wrote: Guess this is no longer sticky-worthy.

I am sorry. I was not able to insert and reserved posts after the first one so we need to copy the fist post anyway. Can you do this and create the five posts to reserve future space. I make it sticky then.
(2014-04-30, 16:19)FernetMenta Wrote:

I am sorry. I was not able to insert and reserved posts after the first one so we need to copy the fist post anyway. Can you do this and create the five posts to reserve future space. I make it sticky then.

imo sticky posts are useless. Wiki is THE PLACE for any guide or tutorial.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-04-30, 16:27)Martijn Wrote: imo sticky posts are useless. Wiki is THE PLACE for any guide or tutorial.
+1....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2014-04-30, 16:19)FernetMenta Wrote:

If I try and add another post after the first one it adds it to the first one - means I can't use reserved, otherwise I would.

Is that a user permission thing?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
@FernetMenta - just a follow-up - lately can't reproduce issues with coming off pause etc, and sync with passthrough is working very well - I am using 50ms for 24p but honestly I am not completely sure I need even that - it's hard to be sure down at that level, it really seems pretty good though. I'm putting it down to gremlins and/or me buggering up advancedsettings.xml in my testing somehow. Apologies for the noise and while I know you folks aren't so keen on passthrough, it is working a treat and Ii still have all the fnacy room correction and volume levelling stuff happening that makes surround sound and young kids compatible .... so I am happy.

@Piers - sorry for the thread hijack, bad form I know!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I thought always enabling vertical sync caused CPU overcharge. I automatically set it to 'Only during playback'.
Guess this was solved Smile

Thanks for the thread and the hints !
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
Hi guys, I need your help for my config.
My HTPC is based on a Asrock 939A790GMH mobo with an X2 4400+ on it, Windows 8.1 x32.
I have trouble with audio drivers.

If I install HDMI drivers that are in 13-9-legacy_vista_win7_32_dd_ccc_whql.exe (latest drivers for HD3300 GPU), I have this situation:

Image Image Image Image

So no HDPC, only Dolby Digital and two channel! Sad

[continue to next post due to image number limit]

If I install HDMI drivers from Realtek site (AMD_HDMI_R270.exe), I have this situation:

Image Image Image Image

So HDPC, AAC/DTS Audio/Dolby Digital/Microsoft WMA Pro and alwyas two channel! Smile
But I can't set Wasapi in XBMC settings, only DirectSound (like written in Wiki, when using Realtek drivers).

I think I see always two channel because HDMI cable is directly connected to my TV, I'm going to buy a receiver soon.... or I don't know if I should see also now 5.1 and 7.1 and for some reason I see only 2 channel....
But the real problem is that I have only few option with AMD drivers.

Someone now how to fix it?
Are there some better drivers?
I searched for them but can't find nothing.

Thanks for help! Blush
If you are connected to a TV then there is nothing wrong in what you've shown with the ADM drivers as the HDMI connection will be 2 channel only and it's likely the only format it'll accept is Dolby Digital. DO NOT use Realtek drivers as they can cause lots of issues with XBMC.
Thanks for answer! Smile
So after connecting HDMI cable to a receiver, I should see all formats and all speaker configuration?
Yes, you should see all formats listed and Max Number of Channels change to 8, as the devices at both ends of a HDMI link communicate with each other via what's known as EDID, so the AVR will communicate it's capabilities to the GPU in the PC once connected.
thanks for explanation, many thanks mate! Wink
double checked my settings with this thread,
but still got some questions.
(sorry if the translate of the settings isn't correct i use a Dutch OS so i needed to translate on the fly)

in the AMD Catalyst Control Center,
there's a pixel setting:
RGB 4:4:4 pixel PC - Standard
RGB 4:4:4 Pixel Studio
YCbCr 4:4:4 Pixel
YCbCr 4:2:2 Pixel

to which one should i set this,
at the moment i got it on RGB 4:4:4 pixel PC - Standard

-

at the AMD HDMI Output Advanced tab
you got it set to:
24 bits, 48000 Hz Studio