rewind during livetv
Hi,
I use xbmc frodo with tvheadend 3.9.385~g7 version.
I can pause and play forward with no problem, but when I want to rewind I'm unable.
Does anyone else found this problem?
Thank you.
(2014-04-14, 09:49)orduek Wrote: Hi,
I use xbmc frodo with tvheadend 3.9.385~g7 version.
I can pause and play forward with no problem, but when I want to rewind I'm unable.
Does anyone else found this problem?
Thank you.

Why should anyone give support if you're not using current version for anything?

1. Update to XBMC gotham
2. Update tvheadend to latest version.
3. Use the latest tvheadend addon for xbmc (check thread on here for it)

Live TV pause/play has been problematic and only just starting to work without glitches. It's no good using an ancient version of tvheadend/xbmc and asking for help, same goes for any problem really.
Gotham is still in Beta stage - thus I don't think you can call Frodo ancient. I see that tvheadend latest git ver is 3.9.5. I'll try updating and see.
Can you rewind during livetv?
(2014-04-14, 16:27)orduek Wrote: Gotham is still in Beta stage - thus I don't think you can call Frodo ancient. I see that tvheadend latest git ver is 3.9.5. I'll try updating and see.
Can you rewind during livetv?

Sorry for my tone in previous post, was rude to put it like that.
I will try now and report back later this evening.
(I'm on latest gotham beta 3/tvheadend 3.9.470, nothings changed in tvheadend in this respect to latest from build I'm on)

Gotham at this beta 3 stage is more stable than Frodo final, no question.
I suggest you keep whatever version of tvheadend you have if it works for you, the master branch can be quite unstable at times and there's no way to know if its current state will work for you or not.

Frodo doesn't map the back/forward buttons during live TV by default (Gotham does) so you'd have to do that yourself unless you're willing to upgrade. I also suggest using the pvr.tvh addon (unofficial) since it has better timeshift support than the official one. In any case, try with your current addon version first.
After my main HTPC died I installed the xbmcbuntu latest beta with Gotham beta 4 and tvheadend 3.9.569. I used TVH add-on.
Still - I'm able to pause but not to rewind. Am I the only one experiencing this problem? If so maybe it has something to do with my settings.
I think rewinding works only when you uncheck "on demand" in tvheadend's timeshift settings. If that's not the case, post a debug log.
I have found something rather peculiar about rewinding live-tv. I'm using the latest Gotham RC and pvr.tvh 0.7.0 (adamsuttons git-repository). Both servers and clients are running ubuntu 14.04. Tvheadend is the latetst "beta." (3.5.XX, I think. Before the new dvb-code was merged).

I can pause, rewind and fast-forward live-tv as you'd be expecting with a "normal" tv-broadcast, just like any normal avi/mkv/mpg/whatever. However, if there is no EPG-data for the tv-program I'm currently watching, rewind is impossible! Quite funny, I'd say Smile Maybe you're experiencing the same phenomenon?

I'm currently at work, so I can't post logs or anything. But I've been meaning to file a bugreport. But I don't know which component "to blame" yet.

To finish, I would like to give nothing but praise for both XBMC and tvheadend, they're both awesome products.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
rewind during livetv0