• 6(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
Which key/mouse is it? I have a few I can test.
Sounds like the mouse may be generating too many interrupts.
Automated 3D switching is now working on my LG TV and Openelec. The Tv now recognize 3D Content and starts it 3D Mode.
But in my case, the frameskipping problem, that occurs since around the last 4 Testbuilds, isn´t fixed. Nearly every Movie I have is skipping every 15-20 sec.
backpowered RaspberryPi Model B, Kodi15, Boblight-Ambilight,
arm_freq=1040 core_freq=520 gpu_freq=510 isp_freq=510 sdram_freq=600
over_voltage_sdram=6 over_voltage=8 current_limit_override=1 force_turbo=1
gpu_mem=256 force_turbo=1 avoid_pwm_pll=1 current_limit_override=1
(2014-04-23, 11:24)Chrisiooo Wrote: But in my case, the frameskipping problem, that occurs since around the last 4 Testbuilds, isn´t fixed. Nearly every Movie I have is skipping every 15-20 sec.

I don't know about the frameskipping problem. Has this been reported before?
You'll have to describe exactly what you are seeing, and what the last build is that doesn't have this problem.
@popcornmix

Did you see the beta 3.95 bug thread?

Will it be fixed?
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
I see a very very odd behavior; if I go to system->system->audio output and move the "cursor" to the right pane at "stereo up mix" for example and just leave it there (which btw when enabled crashes XBMC when playing mp3 files) the SoC temperature slowly skyrockets (~60c to 85c in my case). I'm using bcmstat.sh to observe this, and noticed it as a coincidence because "stereo upmix" was broken.

When the temperature hits ~84 something even more odd happens; the h264 suddenly kicks in from 0Mhz to 250Mhz like I'm playing a movie but I'm not, the "cursor" is left at the same position without me touching anything. The arm processor drops occasionally to 700Mhz and core to 250Mhz when the temp peaks 85c a couple of seconds apart ~10 (like it should)

When I leave the page the temperature goes back to normal again so does the arm/core speed but the h264 codec is still running at 250Mhz. I can stop it back to 0Mhz by starting and stopping a movie.

My RPi is stable all the way through this and never crashes in general and I never seen temperatures so high no matter how much I stressed the SoC. As mentioned playing mp3 with "stereo up mix" crashes XBMC only. This is not as weird to me as the other behavior though. Heh

Very strange I know. Could someone please try this?

Edit: I poked around some more and it seems it does no matter on which XBMC configuration right pane I choose and leave the "cursor" on the same happens. (For example settings->music then move to right pane) I tried both Confluence and amber skins so it does not seem to be a skin issue.

I'm running MilhouseVH's latest build. Advanced mode in settings on.
(2014-04-23, 12:05)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-04-23, 11:24)Chrisiooo Wrote: But in my case, the frameskipping problem, that occurs since around the last 4 Testbuilds, isn´t fixed. Nearly every Movie I have is skipping every 15-20 sec.

I don't know about the frameskipping problem. Has this been reported before?
You'll have to describe exactly what you are seeing, and what the last build is that doesn't have this problem.

Its difficult to describe. Most of my videofiles I play are stuttering for less then a second every 10-20 seconds. I stream all from my harddrive attached to my airport extreme connected over ethernet to the raspberry. The network should'nt be the problem.
(2014-04-23, 10:33)f1vefour Wrote: Sounds like the mouse may be generating too many interrupts.
@edwr: Try measuring them so we can compare.
(2014-04-23, 11:24)Chrisiooo Wrote: Its difficult to describe. Most of my videofiles I play are stuttering for less then a second every 10-20 seconds. I stream all from my harddrive attached to my airport extreme connected over ethernet to the raspberry. The network should'nt be the problem.
No stutter at all here, both 1080p and 3D runs silky smooth. It sounds like when you are playing a PAL movie on a NTSC only system or visa versa. Or a network problem. Do you have "display refresh rate to match to video" set to on, and does your TV switch to the correct mode?

I'm more prone to think that its the network though have you tried playing them back directly from a HD or USB stick?
(2014-04-23, 16:08)tuxen Wrote:
(2014-04-23, 11:24)Chrisiooo Wrote: Its difficult to describe. Most of my videofiles I play are stuttering for less then a second every 10-20 seconds. I stream all from my harddrive attached to my airport extreme connected over ethernet to the raspberry. The network should'nt be the problem.
No stutter at all here, both 1080p and 3D runs silky smooth. It sounds like when you are playing a PAL movie on a NTSC only system or visa versa. Or a network problem. Do you have "display refresh rate to match to video" set to on, and does your TV switch to the correct mode?

I'm more prone to think that its the network though have you tried playing them back directly from a HD or USB stick?

Sometimes it´s to easy.... The option for "display refresh rate to match video" really was unchecked. I selscted it and now all vido files playing smooth again. I don´t know why it was unchecked. I´m pretty sure that I selected it earlier.
When I am in system the CEC connection drops and can't navigate anymore, any idea what could it be?
(2014-04-22, 22:37)ismadder Wrote:
(2014-04-22, 19:57)tomer953 Wrote:
(2014-04-22, 15:49)ismadder Wrote: I had problem with no signal on my sony tv, the way i resolved it was to my sure Playback, is set to display 4:3 Normal, hope that helps

you mean to the "show 4:3 videos as.." - "normal"\"zoom"\"16:9" ........ this ?
cause in all my xbmc I always set this to '16:9" for old movies shows as a little square in the middle of the screen...
but I it will stop causing the problem, I will try it as soon I will be at home.

Yes that what i mean !!! i found that on my lg it worked ok but my sony bravia did not like it being set at 16:9, so i had set it to 4:3 normal

I think i solved the crashing problem after changing tv source.
the 16:9 to 4:3 trick didn't make the work for me, but
I changed the gui resolution from 720p to 1080p and now its kinda work, Tested it just once-twice, maybe later it will crash again, but for now.... it solved it.

btw, I see many users complaining about CEC stoped working on latest beta's, I used LG remote with CEC at least one year before, and now in latest beta's it just stop after chaning source\few minutes...
no screen saver or any other things, just chaning sources and wait 4-5 minutes and cec stop working...
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
btw, I see many users complaining about CEC stoped working on latest beta's, I used LG remote with CEC at least one year before, and now in latest beta's it just stop after chaning source\few minutes...
no screen saver or any other things, just chaning sources and wait 4-5 minutes and cec stop working...

Yes, I am on Samsung and also without screensaver enabled, going into System and then CEC stops
(2014-04-23, 07:56)tuxen Wrote: Which key/mouse is it? I have a few I can test.
Logitech m315 nano-receiver (non-unifying)

Code:
usb 1-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=046d, idProduct=c52f
usb 1-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
usb 1-1.2: Product: USB Receiver
usb 1-1.2: Manufacturer: Logitech

(2014-04-23, 15:58)tuxen Wrote:
(2014-04-23, 10:33)f1vefour Wrote: Sounds like the mouse may be generating too many interrupts.
@edwr: Try measuring them so we can compare.
Sure. How do I do this?
I solved this problem by adding "hdmi_force_hotplug=1, hdmi_drive=2" to the config.txt
Also removed the Diode D14 on the Board.
Since that, I never had any Problem with CEC on my LG 47LM660, even on the latest Beta´s.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8