• 9(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-04-26, 19:41)Mister XY Wrote: How can i use this WakeOnLan boot support?

Read the PR? It's why, you know, I added the link...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@tuxen - you mean testing on the PI or another platform?
i have read this but i din't find anything.
(2014-04-26, 17:48)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-04-24, 21:52)MrNice Wrote: build: #0424
Drops playing files. Drops could be every 5 seconds to 20 seconds with not pattern.

Can you point at an example file that does it?
These seem to play fine, as do the flac files you've linked to previously.
You can find files here (place the mouse up-right, and click Test Bench HD audio files)
Column: Surround 5.1 FLAC 24BIT/96kHz
lines:
Mozart: Violin concerto in D major - Allegro
Ola Gjeilo: North Country II
Beethoven: Sonate 32 - Maestoso
Eugène Bozza: Children's Overture
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky: SOUVENIR de Florence op. 70: I. Allegro con spirito
To download audio files username: 2L and password: 2L is requested.
I didn't download the other files

here
24/96 FLAC 5.1 surround (3 files)

here
24/95 FLAC surround
Franz Schubert: Klaviersonaten
Gert Jonke: Der Kopf des Georg Friedrich Händel
(Click on the right link to download)
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
(2014-04-26, 20:08)Mister XY Wrote: i have read this but i din't find anything.

It's all in the first comment of the PR, click on the PR.3130 link and read it - I'm not reproducing it here.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
i have read this post and he wrote, that he has edit the "initramfs" but when i search this file, i didn't found anything. That is the reasen why i ask. And the only answer i get "look here and read" ans when i look and read, i didn't found any solution.
(2014-04-26, 20:58)Mister XY Wrote: i have read this post and he wrote, that he has edit the "initramfs" but when i search this file, i didn't found anything. That is the reasen why i ask. And the only answer i get "look here and read" ans when i look and read, i didn't found any solution.

Of course he edited initramfs, that's what his PR does but now you don't have to as this PR has been merged.

I guess you missed the next part where he mentions adding the wol_* parameters to the kernel command line (which in the case of the Pi is in cmdline.txt) to activate the WOL functionality.

Honestly, it's all there for you - first comment. Read it. I don't want to be an arse about this, but there's no point me or anyone else reproducing details that have already been adequately described elsewhere and where you've been told to look.
I want to do some tests with GPIO using openelec.

Any chance to include RPi.GPIO on milhouse builds? It's small

https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/1955
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/RPi.GPIO

Thanks
(2014-04-26, 20:26)MrNice Wrote: You can find files here (place the mouse up-right, and click Test Bench HD audio files)
lines:

Just listened to 9 minutes of Mozart without a glitch.
Can you try renaming .xbmc (so you don't have any custom settings or add-ons) and try playing that track?
hmmm... wanted to warch a movie with the latest builds... but i'm constantly getting the tv blanking black with the message "hdmi mode not supported" ... playing fine some mintes ... and then the message appears again and the screen goes black... sound is still running is background, though... any ideas?
Hello!
When I switch channels of live TV (I use iptvsimple pvr plugin) my RPi loses ~8MB ​​of RAM each time. This happens also with any h264 video when loading.
Hi, just signed up to say that I also am having the issue where video playback stops after about 40 minutes. I'm unsure of the build where is first started to happen but it's been at least two weeks (sorry, been busy).

Symptoms - it doesn't matter if the playing of video is from one file or split over a few episodes, the stop is always around the 40 - 45 minute mark.
The issue happens regardless of quality of the video - SD does it, 1080p does it, 2 channel or DTS.
Audio cuts out first, then a couple of seconds video stops.
So what actually happens is that the video 'pauses' but for a long time. Once I left it about 5 minutes and it started up again, other times I have left it 'paused' overnight and some time during the night it has started up again and finished. Usually I just reboot the Pi.
I enabled debug but didn't see any smoking guns in the log file - CPU and memory were all fine right up to the pause.

I am modestly overclocked:

gpu_mem=256
gpu_mem_256=100
gpu_mem_512=256
arm_freq=800
core_freq=300
sdram_freq=400
over_voltage=0
force_turbo=0

I used dwc_otg.fiq_enable=0 in cmdline.txt (from memory - Pi isn't on to check) to disable FIQ and the 'pause' has gone away.

I have a single USB device installed - an official Microsoft media center remote control receiver. Nothing else, I never use USB storage, everything is played via NFS. Shared library using MySQL.

What's the best way to help debug this?

Thanks,

Paul
Addition: my raspberry is connected to the TV through a Sony AVR. But with the last build I was using, the error wasn't there... any help?
(2014-04-26, 21:59)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-04-26, 20:26)MrNice Wrote: You can find files here (place the mouse up-right, and click Test Bench HD audio files)
lines:

Just listened to 9 minutes of Mozart without a glitch.
Can you try renaming .xbmc (so you don't have any custom settings or add-ons) and try playing that track?
I renamed .xbmc and rebooted.
I had to do the setup, removed play visualisation.
Still the same issue.
SSH top:
Code:
Mem: 355624K used, 25772K free, 0K shrd, 12927328K buff, 12927376K cached
CPU: 57.8% usr 10.6% sys  0.8% nic 29.4% idle  0.0% io  0.0% irq  1.2% sirq
Load average: 1.87 1.57 1.22 1/106 588
  PID  PPID USER     STAT   VSZ %VSZ CPU %CPU COMMAND
  429     1 root     D     345m 92.4   0 66.7 /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
   50     2 root     SW<      0  0.0   0  1.3 [VCHIQ-0]
I never use overclocking

Let me know other tests to find the issue
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
(2014-04-27, 08:38)whiffyfuzzball Wrote: I have a single USB device installed - an official Microsoft media center remote control receiver. Nothing else, I never use USB storage, everything is played via NFS. Shared library using MySQL.

What's the best way to help debug this?

It's not happening for me, so it's possibly something in your setup.
First, can you try some older builds and confirm exactly when the problem appeared.
Second, can you try playing a video locally (from sdcard or USB) to see if that also has the issue.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8