• 10(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-04-27, 11:30)MrNice Wrote: I renamed .xbmc and rebooted.
I had to do the setup, removed play visualisation.

Can you try with no settings changes. I was playing with visualisation enabled.
Leave audio downmixing to stereo. It possible one of the changes is provoking it so don't change anything.

Quote:I never use overclocking

Perhaps you should try.
Mh.. no ideas?
(2014-04-26, 23:00)FattyMcDirty Wrote: hmmm... wanted to warch a movie with the latest builds... but i'm constantly getting the tv blanking black with the message "hdmi mode not supported" ... playing fine some mintes ... and then the message appears again and the screen goes black... sound is still running is background, though... any ideas?

Can you confirm the latest build that works correctly, and the first build that has the problem and the first build with the problem to narrow it down.
Might be worth trying the boost option from here:
http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting#I...VI_monitor
(2014-04-26, 20:03)da-anda Wrote: @tuxen - you mean testing on the PI or another platform?
Yeah I meant try it on the pi in relation to the dvdplayer issue that is if you have the time and all.
I just meant I've seen this setting influence some of the things popcornmix explained on another platform, so I was curious. Smile
Hi ,

I am (was?) a raspbmc user. Yesterday i decided to try Openelec. I went for a "boot on SD and disk on NFS".
First it works great! Amazing job on your part and thank you!
It s clearly smoother than raspbmc (is it because on raspbmc i have also "boot on NFS"?).

I obviously went for this build as i was used to raspbmc test builds!
And so i have one question. Is there any easy update process without having to remove the sdcard and update the "KERNEL to kernel.img" and SYSTEM files?
Can it be done through SSH?

Thanks again for everything
(2014-04-27, 15:00)carmenm Wrote: Hi ,

I am (was?) a raspbmc user. Yesterday i decided to try Openelec. I went for a "boot on SD and disk on NFS".
First it works great! Amazing job on your part and thank you!
It s clearly smoother than raspbmc (is it because on raspbmc i have also "boot on NFS"?).

I obviously went for this build as i was used to raspbmc test builds!
And so i have one question. Is there any easy update process without having to remove the sdcard and update the "KERNEL to kernel.img" and SYSTEM files?
Can it be done through SSH?

Thanks again for everything

It can be done easily through smb.
Just navigate to
\\ipofyourpi\
Drop the downloaded tar into the update folder and reboot your pi.
There are issues if your boot is on NFS but as it's on SD it will work fine
(2014-04-27, 12:18)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-04-27, 11:30)MrNice Wrote: I renamed .xbmc and rebooted.
I had to do the setup, removed play visualisation.

Can you try with no settings changes. I was playing with visualisation enabled.
Leave audio downmixing to stereo. It possible one of the changes is provoking it so don't change anything.

Quote:I never use overclocking

Perhaps you should try.
Tried again without any setup change => No drop at all (but stereo only)
Then I tried with 2.1 then 3.0 => Drops are back for the both

Hope this will narrow the search
Other test?
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
(2014-04-27, 14:11)tuxen Wrote:
(2014-04-26, 20:03)da-anda Wrote: @tuxen - you mean testing on the PI or another platform?
Yeah I meant try it on the pi in relation to the dvdplayer issue that is if you have the time and all.
I just meant I've seen this setting influence some of the things popcornmix explained on another platform, so I was curious. Smile
Didn't have any effect and would have been surprised if it did because I'm using passthrough
are you going to compile a build with kernel 3.14.2 soon? Smile
Yes, when I get a chance. Hopefully later today.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0427
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.14.2 #1 PREEMPT Sun Apr 27 23:50:53 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr 27 2014 18:28:05
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 8ef497ae93452ce47fc75911bc5a201a6471d82b (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140427234914-r18277-ge1cb2ec

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (e1cb2ec, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (ad86f4c, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 commits (except for e61f74b, a patch to avoid hammering the GUI, which has been replaced with a static spinner)
  • Includes kernel 3.14.y commits
  • Includes Python regex package for evaluation purposes. Initial benchmarking indicates generally positive (and in some cases, significant) performance gains. See this post for a description of how to test effectiveness of this package with addons
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflict with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC gotham_rbp_backports patches in favour of sourcing these same patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
  • FIQ FSM is enabled by default. See initial post for more details.
Build Highlights:

New firmware, new 3.14.2 kernel.
  1. New Firmware Apr 27:
  2. OpenELEC:
    • New kernel, 3.14.2
  3. XBMC:
    • dvdplayer input stream: fix incorrectly set of EOF
    • paplayer: proper handling of non seekable streams
    • Various UPnP, GUI and JSON fixes
  4. kernel 3.14.y:
    • lirc_rpi: Use read_current_timer to determine transmitter delay. Thanks to jjmz and others. See #525
    • snd-bcm2835: Ensure alsa_stream is null on failure to avoid kernel panic
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I've added a warning to the opening post now that "master" is open for non-Gotham changes.
(2014-04-27, 19:11)da-anda Wrote:
(2014-04-27, 14:11)tuxen Wrote:
Didn't have any effect and would have been surprised if it did because I'm using passthrough
Yeah I now.. But it had a strange influence on Android also through passthrough making some rtmp and files with irregular time stamps/framerates stutter a lot (but I think a lot more than you). Thanks for trying da-anda.
just did another test without AV sync and another DVD iso on #0427. There I only had a few drops on playback start, but after that it seemed to be fine (even with debug mode enabled). Unfortunately I don't remember which DVD I tried that had this nice scrolling text at the beginning where the random drops/jumps where more easily noticable. Hope to find time for a in depth test tonight. I know I promise it since a couple days, but only had time for a few quick tests so far.
Sorry.. Have not tested many of the lastest builds. But have now tryed #0427, and see some "none smooth" playback of DVD/ISO PAL25, that are interlaced.
If I set "Deinterlace video" = "Automatic", the video is still not smooth, and there is sometimes lip-sync problems.
If I playback other DVD/ISO's PAL25, that not are interlaced, there is no problems.

I normal use "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" = "Always"

Btw. I use omxplayer.

Any ideas ?

Best regards
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8