• 19(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0510
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.14.3 #1 PREEMPT Sat May 10 03:05:14 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May  9 2014 16:49:41
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version c8ed097f7c23249e702bea3ed6b5720136ba00e4 (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140510033218-r18364-gfb059ad

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (fb059ad, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (0ca9028, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 (except for 15eee8d, a patch to avoid hammering the GUI, which has been replaced with a static spinner)
  • Includes Python regex package for evaluation purposes. Initial benchmarking indicates generally positive (and in some cases, significant) performance gains. See this post for a description of how to test effectiveness of this package with addons
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.14.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-master-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
  • FIQ FSM is enabled by default. See initial post for more details.
Build Highlights:

New firmware.
  1. Firmware (May 09):
    • firmware: vdec3: h264: Improve results on some corrupt streams. See: #255
    • firmware: Update to HW cursor handling. Now supports overscan and arbitrary framebuffer sizes in GPU so X driver does not need to worry about it. See: link.
  2. XBMC:
    • Unification of CGUIDialogSettings and CGUIWindowSettingsCategory (PR4512)
    • [pvr] rewrite of implementation for search of missing channel icons (PR4657)
    • [pvr] remember last watched group (PR3988)
    • AESinkPULSE: Start stream corked. Resume when starting to add packets (PR4670)
    • [gui] bump gui version to 5.0.2
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-05-08, 12:43)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-05-08, 06:11)MilhouseVH Wrote: New OpenELEC Helix build: #0508
(Supercedes previous build)

Anyone with calibration not saving issues, please test this and report back.

1920x1080 @60 saves fine now.
Thank you .
(2014-05-09, 23:35)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 22:52)delinend Wrote: Am I the only one, that see many HDMI drop out on the Helix build ?
I see it with omxplayer movie playback, and also when I just see the Home menu i XBMC.. Strange.

Try: config_hdmi_boost=4 (and then 7).
Try: hvs_priority=0xffff

Thanks Popcornmix.

This seems to fix my problem
config_hdmi_boost=4

I newer have had to use this before, on the same TV-setup, and 1.5meter HDMI cabels.

I had also tryed other RPI's, HDMI cabels, USB power suplys, and they show the same problem. But it works with config_hdmi_boost=4
Big Grin

Best regards
Hello, I installed the latest build, I have the problem that when playing in information if I try to see the options in the drop down menu at the top of the screen both audio and video, the system reboots, this applies both to the film that the music mp3 , this happens to you? Thank you.
I'm getting consistant crashes in Helix when running a video and trying to bring up in-video video or sound options from the OSD

Pastebin log

http://pastebin.com/6Ddykrj1
How to install the packages. Got it from wiki and successfully installed Hififberry too.
My Pi gets crazy since latest Helix Nightly with the Auto Wakeonlan Option enabled:

Short log snippet:

Code:
18:43:03 31213.814453 T:2734994512   ERROR: Ping fail : status = -1, errno = 12 : 'ping -c 1 -w 1 192.168.1.50'
18:43:19 31229.181641 T:2683425872   ERROR: Previous line repeats 8406 times.

wakeonlan.xml Settings:

Code:
<onaccesswakeup>
    <netinittimeout>20</netinittimeout>
    <netsettletime>500</netsettletime>
    <wakeup>
        <host>192.168.1.50</host>
        <mac>38:EA:A7:A6:09:2D</mac>
        <pingport>0</pingport>
        <pingmode>1</pingmode>
        <timeout>300</timeout>
        <waitonline>210</waitonline>
        <waitonline2>60</waitonline2>
        <waitservices>30</waitservices>
    </wakeup>
</onaccesswakeup>

While watching a show, everything is good but in menue the pi wakes the server every time he is not able to ping it.
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
Can you reproduce with an official OpenELEC Helix nightly? If so it probably needs reporting to OpenELEC. Not really sure what errno 12 is, are you using a 256 or 512MB Pi
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-05-09, 14:04)freaktm Wrote: I've tried using confluence, which fails as well.
I'll try with a clean config, though, and see what happens.

edit: that seems to have fixed playing back that specific file. I'll see if I cant find out what's wrong.
Thanks for the feedback.

@popcornmix (or anyone with great PVR success)
I've narrowed the issue down to my advancedsettings.xml file, which I use mainly for the connection to MySQL.
I can't tell, if anything in the xml file should affect PVR playback, but when I add the file to my XBMC setup (.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml), playback of HD-channels wont work.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>10.0.1.2</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </videodatabase>
    <musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>10.0.1.2</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </musicdatabase>
    <videolibrary>
        <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
    </videolibrary>
    <cputempcommand>cputemp</cputempcommand>
    <gputempcommand>cputemp</gputempcommand>
    <showexitbutton>false</showexitbutton>
    <locale>
        <country>UK (24h)</country>
        <language>English</language>
        <timezone>Europe/Copenhagen</timezone>
        <timezonecountry>Denmark (DK)</timezonecountry>
    </locale>
    <network>
        <cachemembuffersize>5282880</cachemembuffersize>
        <readbufferfactor>10.0</readbufferfactor>
        <!--alwaysforcebuffer>true</alwaysforcebuffer-->
    </network>
    <fanartres>720</fanartres>
    <imageres>512</imageres>
    <video>
        <defaultplayer>omxplayer</defaultplayer>
        <defaultdvdplayer>omxplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
    </video>
    <audio>
        <defaultplayer>omxplayer</defaultplayer>
        <streamsilence>false</streamsilence>
    </audio>
    <!--loglevel hide="true">1</loglevel-->
    <lookandfeel>
        <enablerssfeeds>false</enablerssfeeds>
    </lookandfeel>
    <omx>
        <omxdecodestartwithvalidframe>1</omxdecodestartwithvalidframe>
    </omx>
</advancedsettings>
Get rid of everything but your MySQL settings.
I noticed that the PI will become quite inresponsive when you f.e. copy some stuff on the SD card from a remote client (noticed it at LinuxTAG exhibition where I put some demo trailers on it). Is this still a network/USB driver issue to be resolved or related to the architecture of the PI?
(2014-05-12, 10:06)freaktm Wrote: @popcornmix (or anyone with great PVR success)
I've narrowed the issue down to my advancedsettings.xml file, which I use mainly for the connection to MySQL.
I can't tell, if anything in the xml file should affect PVR playback, but when I add the file to my XBMC setup (.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml), playback of HD-channels wont work.

Remove
Code:
<omxdecodestartwithvalidframe>1</omxdecodestartwithvalidframe>

I expect your PVR stream has no I frames.
Thanks for the reply - I've just removed everything not related to SQL or UI settings, and it seems to be working now! Smile

Thanks for the great help.
May 10 release has a bug in the audio menu during playback. The entire menu is gone, only background color and frame show up on screen. No text is visible.
Reverted back to may 8 and audio menu works fine again.

I'm using amber skin.
(2014-05-12, 13:58)corb06 Wrote: May 10 release has a bug in the audio menu during playback. The entire menu is gone, only background color and frame show up on screen. No text is visible.
Reverted back to may 8 and audio menu works fine again.

I'm using amber skin.

The OSD Video Setting page is also blank in Amber, but both these OSD pages (Audio and Video) work fine in stock Confluence.

Accessing either page in Confluence Modified results in XBMC restarting...

This is most likely the result of the recent GUI Dialog changes (see PR4512) that are present in #0510, and which may now require skin-related updates. Stick with stock Confluence for now, or avoid the audio/video OSD setting pages (there may also be others).
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8