• 23(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
Code:
PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S  %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
  392 root      20   0  305m  41m  16m S  52.5 11.1  18:19.12 xbmc.bin
  410 root      21   1  305m  41m  16m S   2.6 11.1   0:37.11 PeripBusCEC
  409 root      20   0  305m  41m  16m S   1.3 11.1   0:33.46 CECAdapter
  402 root      19  -1  305m  41m  16m S   0.3 11.1   0:13.73 VCHIQ completio
  441 root      20   0  305m  41m  16m S   0.3 11.1   0:12.25 LanguageInvoker
  416 root      20   0  305m  41m  16m S   0.0 11.1   0:07.76 LanguageInvoker
  411 root      21   1  305m  41m  16m S   0.0 11.1   0:01.90 PeripBusUSBUdev
  400 root      19  -1  305m  41m  16m S   0.0 11.1   0:01.72 AESink
  415 root      20   0  305m  41m  16m S   0.0 11.1   0:00.77 CECAdapter
  426 root      20   0  305m  41m  16m S   0.0 11.1   0:00.56 AirPlayServer
  412 root      20   0  305m  41m  16m S   0.0 11.1   0:00.55 CECAdapter
  407 root      19  -1  305m  41m  16m S   0.0 11.1   0:00.31 ILCS_HOST
  406 root      19  -1  305m  41m  16m S   0.0 11.1   0:00.30 AESink
  413 root      20   0  305m  41m  16m S   0.3 11.1   0:00.29 CECAdapter
  423 root      20   0  305m  41m  16m S   0.0 11.1   0:00.21 EventServer
  425 root      20   0  305m  41m  16m S   0.0 11.1   0:00.21 xbmc.bin
  399 root      19  -1  305m  41m  16m S   0.0 11.1   0:00.14 ActiveAE

The Pi heats up to 70 degrees right now, without doing anything.

At least the "Hardware Information" screen shows me that.
The System Info screens are guaranteed to keep your CPU load high due to the constant GUI updates - these screens are the _worst_ way to measure your Pi!

Leave XBMC on the main menu, ie. with the "Videos" menu item highlighted, and no scrolling text on screen (so no RSS, no moving plot information etc.).

Then measure your Pi using top, or bcmstat.sh.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Wtf....

This is a joke, right?

Main menu, Videos highlighted....
Code:
389     1 root     S     305m 81.7   0 14.3 /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin --standalon

I cant believe it, and i feel absolutely stupid right now.

Thanks for your patience and your time.
You're not the first... Smile

And guaranteed not to be the last. Sad
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0518
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.14.4 #1 PREEMPT Sun May 18 21:04:58 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May 16 2014 18:45:07
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 3a67cfadce4d248b764d06dea2291917bc5db802 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140518210348-r18418-g035ae32

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (035ae32, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (6f96ff2, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 (except for 47fb73f, a patch to avoid hammering the GUI, which has been replaced with a static spinner)
  • Includes Python regex package for evaluation purposes. Initial benchmarking indicates generally positive (and in some cases, significant) performance gains. See this post for a description of how to test effectiveness of this package with addons
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.14.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-master-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
  • FIQ FSM is enabled by default. See initial post for more details.
  • Includes patch from 3.12.y : vchiq: Avoid high load when blocked and unkillable (link)
Build Highlights:

New firmware. Improved XBMC component debug logging. Audio/Video OSD working again in Amber and Confluence Modified, possibly other skins too.
  1. Firmware (May 16):
    • firmware: Avoid calling hdcp_shutdown() when hotplug deasserted. See: link.
    • firmware: Clear unused pixels in the subsample image in H264 codec. See: link.
  2. XBMC:
    • [addons] install from zip should install from the zip, not from packages (PR:4645)
    • Add kdev4 file to gitignore (PR:4728)
    • UPnP: enable log messages from Platinum SDK (PR:4717)
    • Add button to addon info dialog to start installed addons from addonbrowser. (PR:4720)
    • PVR: A couple of fixes in guide search dialog (PR:4732)
    • [rfc] [coreSubs]Automatically download first subtitle after first search (PR:4648)
    • platinum: update to 1.0.5.13 (PR:4679)
    • [settings] check control types - the id's have changed so old skins crash (PR:4731)
    • Addon version cleanup (PR:4612)
    • dvdplayer: demuxFFmpeg - use bits_per_coded_sample if bits_per_raw_sample is zero (PR:4699)
    • FIX resume playing PVR recordings from the exact lastplayed position (PR:4630)
  3. newclock3:
    • libcec: Make verbose logging optional
(2014-05-18, 01:10)MilhouseVH Wrote: Try removing "quiet" from cmdline.txt - this should show the startup units as they're loaded, see if it's the same unit each time. Does it get far enough to start ssh?

Updated to #518 version, if that happens I will check without quiet.
Thanks
I'm having problems regarding my external HDD connected to the RPi as my media library. Sometimes it just fails to detect it and I'm not really sure if it's a Pi problem.

The external HDD has it's own power supply. When I connect it to a PC it gets detected.

When this happens I try to restart the Pi repeatedly to no avail. What usually works is unpowering the Pi and the HDD for 10 mins.

Never had this problem with the 3.x.x builds. Would like some directions on how to debug/log this random occurences.

Thanks.
Hi,

i have a problem with most of the new test releases.
Iam using a all-on-one pi setup. DVB-C USB Stick and TVHeadend-server all on one device
controlled with a IR-Remote via GPIO and lirc_rpi.
Everything is cool, but while watching Live-TV, my remote does not work properly.
I have to bummer the stop-button to eventually stop Live-TV and get the remote back to working.
While watching Live-TV i also don't see any input with ire.
This problem is reproducible with Milhouse builds including OpenELEC_Helix-RPi.arm-Milhouse-20140510033218-r18364-gfb059ad.tar.
It is also reproducible with my own rpi-3.12-y based build.
It is not reproducible with my own rip-3.10-y based build, which also includes the FIQ fixes.

Does anyone of you guys have an idea whats going wrong or were to look into?

Best Regards
Hi Milhouse,

is it possible that we can get your buildscript?

I am really interested in how you automate those things.

I set up a Jenkins CI Server by myself and would like how to customize your openelec distro.

Best regards

Andreas
(2014-05-21, 13:10)regnets Wrote: Hi Milhouse,

is it possible that we can get your buildscript?

I am really interested in how you automate those things.

I set up a Jenkins CI Server by myself and would like how to customize your openelec distro.

Best regards

Andreas

I've got nothing fancy like that, I just fire off a build whenever I feel like it. Smile

My build process is pretty much standard as per their Wiki, the big difference (I guess) is the collection of patches that I lay "on top" of the OpenELEC repository. This is pretty simple - just drop all the patches into projects/RPi/patches.

The most difficult and time consuming aspect of the whole build is actually acquiring the patches, which is why I've automated it (to a very large extent).

I have uploaded the files I use for this process here.

"./lsPatches.sh -i" will read ipatches.dat and generate patches.dat.

"./getPatches.sh" will read patches.dat and download directly from github.com the patch details into the OpenELEC.tv repository (projects/RPi/patches). It is assumed the OpenELEC.tv folder is below the folder in which getPatches.sh is stored.

getPatches.sh can also look in a folder called ./keep/patches for certain "local" patches (ie. spinner.patch, rss_disabled.patch etc.). It will also create a cache folder called ".pcache" to minimise hits against github.com.

The scripts are just hacked together, they're not pretty and they just about work (most of the time).

A typical build "session" would go something like:
Code:
1. Refresh OpenELEC.tv (git pull)
2. Optionally refresh xbmc package (see OpenELEC.tv/tools/mkpkg/mkpkg_xbmc-helix)
3. Optionally refresh firmware package (see OpenELEC.tv/tools/mkpkg/mkpkg_bcm2835-driver)
4. ./lsPatches.sh -i
5. ./getPatches.sh
6. cd OpenELEC.tv
7. XBMC=master PROJECT=RPi ARCH=ARM make clean
8. XBMC=master PROJECT=RPi ARCH=ARM make -j8 release

I can't really offer much if the way of support. If you can work out how they work, I'll try to answer any basic questions, and you find them useful, great. If not then you probably need to find a better solution.
(2014-05-20, 21:01)schub Wrote: It is also reproducible with my own rpi-3.12-y based build.
It is not reproducible with my own rip-3.10-y based build, which also includes the FIQ fixes.

Does anyone of you guys have an idea whats going wrong or were to look into?

No idea really, but it would be nice to understand and fix.

If 3.10.y is okay and 3.12.y is not then it may be an upstream change (possibly to DVB-C USB stick driver, or lirc)
If you can build your own custom kernels, it may be possible to revert changes from 3.12.y tree (that aren't in 3.10.y) tree.
If you can identify the change that caused the problem, I expect we can do something about it.
Probably more a OpenElec question and not directly a Milhouse release question.
But is possible to remove the shared folders that aren't used? Like Emulators?
And in my case, also Recordings, Screenshots and Pictures, is there some command that we can run, or isn't possible to do this?
Yes, one for OpenELEC.

The "standard" directories are re-created automatically during each boot, so even if you remove them they'll be recreated next time.

You could always remove them in autostart.sh.

And if you want to stop them from being shared, then reconfigure the Samba server (cp /etc/samba/smb.conf /storage/.config/samba.conf).
(2014-05-22, 14:01)MilhouseVH Wrote: Yes, one for OpenELEC.

The "standard" directories are re-created automatically during each boot, so even if you remove them they'll be recreated next time.

You could always remove them in autostart.sh.

And if you want to stop them from being shared, then reconfigure the Samba server (cp /etc/samba/smb.conf /storage/.config/samba.conf).

Thanks! was that I was looking for, only have to edit the samba.conf Smile
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0523
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.14.4 #1 PREEMPT Fri May 23 21:05:16 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May 23 2014 19:17:25
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 21d0de90961749983d49ec4e819a98a8ba4287fc (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140523210406-r18445-g5e66498

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (5e66498, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (3d44377, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 (except for 1645c74, a patch to avoid hammering the GUI, which has been replaced with a static spinner)
  • Includes Python regex package for evaluation purposes. Initial benchmarking indicates generally positive (and in some cases, significant) performance gains. See this post for a description of how to test effectiveness of this package with addons
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.14.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-master-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
  • FIQ FSM is enabled by default. See initial post for more details.
Build Highlights:

New firmware (display_power command and other hdmi related improvements) - should allow rbphdmi to work without restarting xbmc.bin.
Video db update from v78 -> v79.
  1. Firmware (May 23):
    • firmware: dispmanx: Limit LBM usage on any channel. See: #277
    • firmware: MMAL: vc_image: Fix some of the combinations for vc_image_pack
    • firmware: MMAL: Don't ask for YUVUV when tearing down an opaque tunnel. See link.
    • firmware: gencmd: Add display_power command for controlling power to hdmi phy
    • firmware: config: Add hdmi_force_mode option to force only one mode. See link.
    • firmware: hdmi: Make configured mode have high score, so it is respected after power on preferred
    • firmware: hdmi: Call the callback with current hdmi mode, not preferred. See link.
    • firmware: dispmanx: Move the offline/rotated buffer allocation into attach function. See link.
  2. OpenELEC:
    • vdr-addon: add option to override epg charset (PR:3248)
    • tvheadend: update to tvheadend-3.9.681 (PR:3250)
    • installer: fix misleading menu entry (PR:3253)
    • bump vdr (PR:3254)
    • service.openelec.settings: update to service.openelec.settings-0.3.17
  3. XBMC:
    • UserAgent fixes (PR:4681)
    • [pydocs] remove httpapi not implemented message. (PR:4745)
    • [darwin] fix building from user set prefix path. move XBMC_DEPENDS_ROOT ... (PR:4747)
    • Fix Python error with non-US-ASCII paths, fixes #14990 (PR:4752)
    • EpgContainer: Fix Deadlock when calling Observer with lock (PR:4751)
    • upnp: provide our own User-Agent and Server HTTP header values (PR:4733)
    • [infobools] Expose m_dpmsIsActive to skins/plugins/scripts as "System.DPMSActive" (PR:4760)
    • [addons] extend repo check to 24 hours (PR:4750)
    • [language] Update language/Catalan/langinfo.xml (PR:3636)
    • Win32: cmyth remove local copy of mysqlclient and inttypes.h (PR:4016)
    • [omxplayer] Support stereo view modes with scaling (PR:4703)
    • [omxplayer] Support hdmi framerate changes during video (PR:4710)
    • [omxplayer] Ignore occasionally valid pts values (PR:4708)
    • [omxplayer] Fix for aspect ratio of portrait videos (PR:4706)
    • [omxplayer] When in dual audio mode, make one output the slave (PR:4705)
    • [omx] Skip the resize when not needed when decoding jpegs (PR:4709)
    • libcec: Make verbose logging optional (PR:4746)
    • [omxplayer] Remove unused framerate functions (PR:4704)
    • videodb: add seasonview and refactor GetSeasonsNav() (PR:4724)
    • ActiveAE: Properly set m_encodedRate when transcoding (PR:4767)
    • ActiveAE: allow sinks to return planar formats (PR:4714)
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8