• 27(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
Went back and forward on different releases and now on latest it works in some cases, still didn't get the pattern if is openelec related problem or only my problem.
I've done a quick test with PR4839 and to be honest I'm not seeing any significant difference - at best, maybe a 60ms improvement.

Without this patch, the time spent in "ScanForExternalSubtitles" is reported as between 600ms and 1600ms when starting a movie in a folder containing 1042 files (mixture of movies, artwork and nfo files) on a 1GHz Pi over XBMC NFS. Sometimes it takes 600ms, other times it takes 1600ms, I have no idea why it's so inconsistent.

With this PR these times are appear to be reduced by a few milliseconds, possibly as much as 60ms (so down to between 540ms and 1540ms), but generally the difference is so small that I could be imagining any improvement at all.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Milhouse, I was checking the log I provided yesterday because downloading subtitles and I noticed this error on the beggining of the log:

"01:44:33 470.108063 T:3058331648 ERROR: DBus: Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files"

Is this related with my installation or is happening to everyone?
(2014-06-03, 03:29)MilhouseVH Wrote: @popcornmix: It looks like the mkortstiege commits you added to newclock3 no longer match the diffs that are now on PR4837, you've got two extra commits (probably deleted/squashed from PR4873?) that probably need to
Updated and rebased.
downloading subtitles fine here Wink
(2014-06-03, 12:31)tomtomclub Wrote: downloading subtitles fine here Wink

Thanks for feedback, it seems like can be a problem with deleting via code the temp folder with corrupt subtitles.
EDIT: Do not use this build - PR4837 has an error that can cause endless looping during scanning, revert to #0601 for now (until a new build without PR4837 is available)
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0603
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.14.5 #1 PREEMPT Tue Jun 3 16:54:06 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May 31 2014 19:19:28
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 8ccbc02d9f91e4880cde02ebeb35e2c51c25a717 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140603165208-r18514-g7e4e166

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (7e4e166, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (41afe73, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Includes Python regex package for evaluation purposes. Initial benchmarking indicates generally positive (and in some cases, significant) performance gains. See this post for a description of how to test effectiveness of this package with addons
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.14.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-master-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
  • FIQ FSM is enabled by default. See initial post for more details.
  • Includes RPi-specific libCEC commits from mk01/libcec. See build #0527 for details. Also double-key suppression.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes PR4811: SysInfo refactoring, startup log update
Build Highlights:

Updated PRs (4837, 4838 and 4839).
  1. OpenELEC:
    • gettext: update to gettext-0.19
  2. XBMC:
    • [python/json/appmessenger] Announce DPMS state change to XBMCMonitor and JSON (PR:4766)
    • FIX: [droid] depends configure.in borked (PR:4816)
    • upnp: several additions and improvements (PR:4764)
    • bump pvr addons to build them with vs2013 (PR:4841)
  3. newclock3:
    • videoinfoscanner optimizations (PR4837)
    • PosixDirectory implementation (PR4838)
    • avoid useless filesytem io while searching for subtitles (PR4839)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
In the last nighties i had some crashes caused by CEC.
I have cec ignore in my config.txt
But (which i didn't know yet), cec was still enabled in XBMC.
Code:
18:41:09 447.329803 T:2980050000   ERROR: CecLogMessage - could not start CEC communications

18:41:09 447.330200 T:2980050000   ERROR: OpenConnection - could not opening a connection to the CEC adapter
That now makes xbmc crash.
I think i have successfully disabled in xbmc by setting "enabled" to false in .xbmc/userdata/peripheral_data/rpi_2708_1001.xml.
But it was actually tough to find what it was.
Either it should we explained somewhere or it should be prevented by not crashing xbmc.

Great update anyway
Just a FYI:

PR:4837 is introducing a recursive fast hash method for enumerating series folders. Unfortunately there's no huge speed gain when your library content is accessed via XBMC's libnfs implementation. You should see faster scan times for local files (locally mounted nfs works as well) and smb://.

Note: The initial scanning for new content will take some more time as it's generating new hashes. After that it should be noticeably faster to scan
for new content. In case you're sharing your video database with another instance of XBMC, please make a backup as this PR is not yet
merged and only available in this build.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2014-06-03, 18:47)carmenm Wrote: I think i have successfully disabled in xbmc by setting "enabled" to false in .xbmc/userdata/peripheral_data/rpi_2708_1001.xml.

Why didn't you just disable CEC in the normal way, using System -> Settings -> System -> Input devices -> Peripherals -> CEC Adapter -> Enabled ?

(2014-06-03, 10:43)Mafarricos Wrote: Milhouse, I was checking the log I provided yesterday because downloading subtitles and I noticed this error on the beggining of the log:

"01:44:33 470.108063 T:3058331648 ERROR: DBus: Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files"

Is this related with my installation or is happening to everyone?

It is (un)fortunately quite normal. Smile
With #0603 xbmc reboots every time I try to open a stream. Let's see if I can provide a logfile.

Opening a YouTube video crashes reboots xbmc.

Log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=216738

Don't know what's messing with video...

Reboots with omxplayer and DVDplayer.

Back to #0601 and same video works.
I'm not seeing anything in the log, what's in xbmc.old.log after xbmc has restarted?

Have you tried with a fresh .xbmc (to rule out a dodgy addon). I've tested the YouTube addon here and it plays videos without a problem.
The old log has this:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=216752

I got back to previous version and everything is working, so is strange if is addon related.

Will upgrade again and check logfiles again.
The last build (#0603) included a bump to Python and JSON API version numbers, though not sure why that would cause a problem so doubt it's related (and doesn't seem to be a problem for me).

I'm still not seeing anything useful in your debug log, you need to cause the crash, wait until xbmc has restarted, then upload xbmc.old.log
The old log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=216774

Last entry shows that the video opens, but then nothing special... Because it crashes without any error on log...
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8