• 28(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
Presumably this is with any youtube video? Have you tried temporarily renaming the .xbmc folder? Most odd.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Yes, opened from addon vitaminl.TV from xbmc.org repo.

This is YouTube:
Code:
http://r7---sn-2vgu0b5auxaxjvh-v2vl.googlevideo.com/videoplayback

(2014-06-03, 21:05)MilhouseVH Wrote: Presumably this is with any youtube video? Have you tried temporarily renaming the .xbmc folder? Most odd.

Made that and same video worked.
I'm going to restore a tar backup on addons and see if problem is related with some beta metahandlers and urlresolvers.
Well restoring the addons didn't work I will have to make a fresh install to see what's wrong.
starting with 602 XBMC feels slower, and with 603 I do also get the crashes+restart when I play f.e. some audio. First I tried some music add on and after that a local mp3 via smb. Will provide a debug log tomorrow, too late now for today.
Hi guys, I do builds daily for the Boxee box and found this commit https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/b5e0...6679572eeb (#4764 from Montellese/upnp_improvements), was the cause of xbmc crashing when trying to play a file from a source. I solved this by doing a complete clean install, but you may find deleting the database files in the installation fixes it. Just an heads up Wink
I made a clean install, put all addons and configurations manually, and now it don't crashes.
I don't understand why from update to #0603 I had the reboot every time I opened a video, but now is all OK.
Probably some GUI configuration that is different?
(2014-06-03, 18:53)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-06-03, 18:47)carmenm Wrote: I think i have successfully disabled in xbmc by setting "enabled" to false in .xbmc/userdata/peripheral_data/rpi_2708_1001.xml.

Why didn't you just disable CEC in the normal way, using System -> Settings -> System -> Input devices -> Peripherals -> CEC Adapter -> Enabled ?
Cause my pi was off and i wanted to make sure i was disabling everything Wink
Then i went where you said and confirmed enabled was off.
But the point is not how i disabled CEC, the point is the crash is you inconsistent between config.txt/xbmc setting
(2014-06-01, 17:38)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-05-31, 11:10)Forage Wrote: Would it be possible to include the following work-around patch? https://github.com/chbmuc/xbmc/commit/6e5822d

@Forage please confirm if the libcec double-key fix in #0601 is working for you or not. I have seen a post on #IRC suggesting the fix made no difference so it will be dropped unless there is positive feedback. Thanks.
Sorry for the delay, for some reason I did not receive a thread update e-mail notification and expected this thread to be less active after the OE 4 stable release.
Thank you for including the patch. I will test it later this evening and report a.s.a.p.
Just a heads up, vdrfan (author of PR4837) has alerted me that there is a cut & paste error in PR4837 (present only in build #0603) that can result in endless looping during scanning.

Please revert to the previous build (#0601) to avoid this error. I'll upload a new build without these patches later this evening.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Already noticed that sometimes it scans more times than needed, but always exits the loop. Thanks for the heads up.
(2014-06-04, 17:48)Forage Wrote:
(2014-06-01, 17:38)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-05-31, 11:10)Forage Wrote: Would it be possible to include the following work-around patch? https://github.com/chbmuc/xbmc/commit/6e5822d

@Forage please confirm if the libcec double-key fix in #0601 is working for you or not. I have seen a post on #IRC suggesting the fix made no difference so it will be dropped unless there is positive feedback. Thanks.
Sorry for the delay, for some reason I did not receive a thread update e-mail notification and expected this thread to be less active after the OE 4 stable release.
Thank you for including the patch. I will test it later this evening and report a.s.a.p.
Works like a charm! I've been clicking my ass off and have not been able to reproduce the double action issue. Only when pushing buttons very rapidly it might appear that it occurs again but there's no way of telling for sure since it might as well be the actual processing of each button press and its sound catching up. The issue can not be observed for at least normal and still very quick use any longer.
Many thanks for including it. It prevents a lot of frustration and waiting for long processes to finish being executed for the second time.
I installed the latest build (#0603 - over a cleaned 4.0.3) and I can't play any video, xbmc displays a black screen after I hit play and restarts. I tried high, moderate, low bitrate, hd, sd, even online videos. Both omx and dvdplayer.
I tried removing my advancedsettings.xml, same result.

Here's my log.
(2014-06-04, 22:46)host505 Wrote: I installed the latest build (#0603 - over a cleaned 4.0.3) and I can't play any video, xbmc displays a black screen after I hit play and restarts. I tried high, moderate, low bitrate, hd, sd, even online videos. Both omx and dvdplayer.
I tried removing my advancedsettings.xml, same result.

Here's my log.

Read the recent posts. Or here.
Disabling uPnp, reverting to earlier version, a clean reinstall or deleting databases are the options.
HI,

I have posted a few times about audio/video sync on live tv.

I have a standard install on RPI - no advanced settings, everything is left as provided.

I run a stable o/c of 1000/500/500 voltage =6.

I recently ( after using the dev gotham builds for a long time) tried the official gotham build of openelec.

Watching live tv, the audio/video sync gradually drifts until it can amount to seconds!

Out of curiosity, I then tried a helix build- keeping everything else identical- sync has been fine.

What is changed between official gotham build and these?

is it just me getting this - or does nobody use live tv much?

thanks

pootler
(2014-06-04, 23:29)pootler Wrote: Watching live tv, the audio/video sync gradually drifts until it can amount to seconds!

Out of curiosity, I then tried a helix build- keeping everything else identical- sync has been fine.

What is changed between official gotham build and these?

is it just me getting this - or does nobody use live tv much?

I don't use live TV (I don't have a usable aerial at home) so I can only really act on very clear bug reports.

I have a suspicion that this commit is the good one:
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...15bc82f171

but since I added it (to newclock3 branch 9 months ago) I've had no reports that it improved things.
Commits don't get added to gotham stable builds without some evidence they are beneficial.

If you want to help get the gotham stable build better, then we can do some experiments.
I could make a Gotham stable build that includes that single extra commits and you could confirm if it helps.
If it does I'll add it to Gotham, if not we'll need to continue testing.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8